Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

jamie cureton

right, i know cureton has not been up to scratch, i would have thought he would be quite a good striker for at least this season, but is it him?wel partley yes, the fact he is offside so much cnt be blamed on anyone else, unless the balls are coming to slow.But he dosnt get anyway near the ammount of chances that earnie got, 10/15 a game he would get. i no cureton has missed a few,but hes playeing with a brillinat experianced striker, so should be able to get a few in by end of the season, i doubt he will reach 20 but he should get over 15 :Dwhat do you lot think?

I dont remember one game when Earnshaw had 15/20 chances.  Maybe he had 20 chances over his whole time with us but never in one game.  We were too crap to create that many chances.  Mostly he would get the same as Cureton, 1 or 2 really decent chances and a couple of half chances.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]but is it him?[/quote]

It is definately him - I''ve seen him before... certainly isn''t a clone or anything...

[quote]unless the balls are coming to slow.[/quote]

Technically, the speed the ball arrives to Cureton is irrevelant in offside, to when it was kicked...

[:)]

Sorry - it''s a slow morning!

Jamie will score if you play the right ball to him to be fair.  Comparing Earnie to JC is something a lot have done, but how many of Earnies goals were penalties?  Quite a few maybe?

Let''s give the team a chance to gel, give JC the chances and he will come up with the goods.  He didn''t get the golden boot for not scoring you know. [:D]

he will get 10-12 goals, he was cheap replacement for earnshaw n cant believe you lot accepted it

may get you the goals to be midtable

but at start of season your aim was really improve on last year n get playoff place n least compete

quite simply he isnt up to getting you there

not saying he rubbish, just stating fact he isnt good enough to be pushing for playoffs

The amount of goals he has scored so far this year, taking into account the rubbish served up until the last week, I think is quite admirable.

I''m still disappointed that he didnt dye his hair green again for the derby, perhaps he is saving it for return fixture?

For christ sake lay off the guy, he''s hit 6 this season in a poor team while averaging a goal every other game. Stop comparing him to Earnshaw lol!!!! 

It seems that  there is little to moan about these days so lets pick on Cureton.  ok hes not got Iwelumu this year to gift him the goals but now the rest of the team are becoming solid and Roeder is working his magic from back to front,  i say just wait and see. If we build it the goals will come.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]For christ sake lay off the guy, he''s hit 6 this season in a poor team while averaging a goal every other game. Stop comparing him to Earnshaw lol!!!! [/quote] Seconded, I would rather have Jamie playing for us any day, much better than a mercenary who couldn''t care less about our club. His goals in games ratio will improve as the service to him does. Simple really.

Agreed. The poor guy has suffered the whole pre-season food-poisoning incident, has had niggling injuries, has not started every game, and has spent the majority of the season so far labouring under the scowl of a manager who publically instructed him to ignore his striking instincts. It''s up to yourselves to decide the relative quality of the service provided to Earnshaw and Cureton over the past couple of seasons. Like others here, I am optimistic that JC''s strike rate will improve under Roeder as the confidence of the team as a whole improves. I guess quite a bit depends on the quality of his strike partner too.

In all fairness prior to GR taking over Drogba would have struggled to score goals for us as we were''nt creating any chances! Our midfield were not creating, thats were the finger was pointed at the time and it should not be forgotten.

I think goals will come. As long as he keeps getting in the positions to have chances then i can only see him scoring. The goal against the scummers summed im up for me. Who, after missing those sitters would have had the bottle to try that type of finish?

Incidentally Cureton has scored 6 this season. Not a bad return for a player who was playing in a team that had a run of not scoring in something like 7 matches!