Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

One negative from tonight.......

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Russell is suspended for sat after gettin booked accordin to match report.He''s my player of the yr so far too.

Who would you bring in?

[/quote]shame he won''t be there against former club. KIS - go with this midfield:chadders   fozzy   matty patty   hucks.

Russell is suspended for sat after gettin booked accordin to match report.He''s my player of the yr so far too.

Who would you bring in?

[/quote]

Bring Pattison into the middle (he prefers playing there) & put Hucks on the left... Sorted!

I would bring Pattison in to central midfield and play Hucks wide left.

Or maybe even Chadwick central with Croft/Hucks wide right.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

Who would you bring in?

[/quote]

shame he won''t be there against former club.

KIS - go with this midfield:

chadders   fozzy   matty patty   hucks.
[/quote]

I''d be tempted to go for that too.

It might turn out to be a positive with Stoke being his former club and all that entails by their knowing his game & all.

Slot Pattison in central-midfield and start Huckerby wide left.

They also know Chadwicks game so possibly start Croft.

[quote user="shyster"]

It might turn out to be a positive with Stoke being his former club and all that entails by their knowing his game & all.

Slot Pattison in central-midfield and start Huckerby wide left.

They also know Chadwicks game so possibly start Croft.

[/quote]true - but i bet they''d be more worried about chadders starting than crofty,  simply because they do know about him!

Dublin is a definite but there seems to be some confusion over who got booked for dissent over the penalty - either Russell or Fotheringham. Didn''t hear any mention of Semmy getting booked for the outstanding tackle that led to the ''penalty'' though. Will consult the FA tomorrow.

It''s a no-brainer. Move Pattison inside with Hucks coming back on the wing hungry.

But is it certain Rusty misses Saturday or does the suspension kick-in at a later date ?       

[quote user="canarygeorge"]

It''s a no-brainer. Move Pattison inside with Hucks coming back on the wing hungry.

But is it certain Rusty misses Saturday or does the suspension kick-in at a later date ?       

[/quote]

That''s a point - I thought suspensions kicked in after 7 days if they were for five yellow cards...?

Russell was awful tonight at blackpool he spent more time passing the ball backwards than forwards and his forward runs left alot of questions about his ability. 

Midfield should be: croft,fozzy,pattison,huckerby 

we need a more threatening midfield, the blackpool second half was brilliant to watch when huckerby and croft were introduced

Russell can play on Saturday, regardless of whether he got booked tonight or not.

Any period of suspension for a yellow card will commence on the 7th day after the last offence.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Russell can play on Saturday, regardless of whether he got booked tonight or not.

Any period of suspension for a yellow card will commence on the 7th day after the last offence.

[/quote]

So if he did get booked he''d miss the Plymouth game.

If Pattison is moved inside and Hucks brought in on the left of midfield, we will likely lose.

Camara won''t know what''s hit him when Hucks goes missing defensively and spoils our shape. Mark my words.

It might be worth risking it at home against less than the best, but away and in our plight............. that way lies potential disaster.

I trust that Glenn knows better.

Hucks is obviously not the player he was, and his role from hereon should be limited to that of an impact player from the bench.

OTBC

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

Maybe try Pattison in the middle and move stick Huckerby on the left (sounds like competition for his place did him no harm tonight).

[/quote]

tend to agree with you

also think the suspension helped hucks he looked to be strugleing for fitness all season and maybe the time of plus the international break

has given him the chance to reach his  own often stated high levels of fitness

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

Who would you bring in?

[/quote]

shame he won''t be there against former club.

KIS - go with this midfield:

chadders   fozzy   matty patty   hucks.
[/quote]

I could not agree more LGT. That looks like a fantastic midfield to me

Who would you bring in?

[/quote]

Russell didn''t get booked last night, so Glen''s got plenty of options for Saturday and i trust him to put out the best team for the job.

According to the Media Team on the official site:

"Hi,

Darel did not get a yellow card last night, despite reports. It was Fozzy who was carded.

Therefore Darel is not facing a suspension. Hope that clears things up.

James"

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

If Pattison is moved inside and Hucks brought in on the left of midfield, we will likely lose.

Camara won''t know what''s hit him when Hucks goes missing defensively and spoils our shape. Mark my words.

It might be worth risking it at home against less than the best, but away and in our plight............. that way lies potential disaster.

I trust that Glenn knows better.

Hucks is obviously not the player he was, and his role from hereon should be limited to that of an impact player from the bench.

OTBC

[/quote]

Blimey! I guess wholeheartedly with Bly!

Huckerby when starting only turns up in about 1 in 4 games (when he then rules, admittedly) - as a super-sub he is second to none and can make an impact in everygame. Pattison is doing superb on the wing - why change? We have the option of bringing Hucks on and switching Pattison to centre to replace a misfiring/injured midfielder or bring Hucks on the right or up front etc... options are nice *during* a game.

Anyway - replacing a defensive/grafter midfielder (Rusty) with an attacking midfielder (Patti) is pretty nieve. If you were to do that you''d also have to replace Fozzy with a defensive midfielder, resulting in 3 in 4 changes when Roeder is obviously trying to settle the team down. And a settled team in best at the start of a game...

Spillane, Brellier or Jarvis are the obvious players to bring in as replacement for Rusty. Straight one-to-one swap. Otherwise the entire make-up of the team will shift.

[quote user="ob1"]

Huckerby when starting only turns up in about 1 in 4 games (when he then rules, admittedly) - as a super-sub he is second to none and can make an impact in everygame. Pattison is doing superb on the wing - why change? We have the option of bringing Hucks on and switching Pattison to centre to replace a misfiring/injured midfielder or bring Hucks on the right or up front etc... options are nice *during* a game.

Anyway - replacing a defensive/grafter midfielder (Rusty) with an attacking midfielder (Patti) is pretty nieve. If you were to do that you''d also have to replace Fozzy with a defensive midfielder, resulting in 3 in 4 changes when Roeder is obviously trying to settle the team down. And a settled team in best at the start of a game...

Spillane, Brellier or Jarvis are the obvious players to bring in as replacement for Rusty. Straight one-to-one swap. Otherwise the entire make-up of the team will shift.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t hesitate to put Pattison in central midfield, I think he looks like he''s the type of player who is fully prepared to battle away for the team.

Brellier has been a let down for City and Spillane and Jarvis are not good enough to play at this level in a key position like central midfield. If we put any of those 3 in midfield we''re going to be making things difficult for ourselves.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t hesitate to put Pattison in central midfield, I think he looks like he''s the type of player who is fully prepared to battle away for the team.

Brellier has been a let down for City and Spillane and Jarvis are not good enough to play at this level in a key position like central midfield. If we put any of those 3 in midfield we''re going to be making things difficult for ourselves.

[/quote]

I''m not suggesting "those three" but one of those three... what you are suggesting is swapping around 3 players - talk about making it difficult for ourselves! I''m suggesting swapping one-for-one and like-for-like. Putting two attacking central midfielders in and having no defensive midfielders is suicide, even for the best teams in the world.

I agree they have not performed to expectation - but lets see what a bit of confidence and a new manager and a new chance will do to their form.

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not suggesting "those three" but one of those three... what you are suggesting is swapping around 3 players - talk about making it difficult for ourselves! I''m suggesting swapping one-for-one and like-for-like. Putting two attacking central midfielders in and having no defensive midfielders is suicide, even for the best teams in the world.

I agree they have not performed to expectation - but lets see what a bit of confidence and a new manager and a new chance will do to their form.

[/quote]

I know what you''re saying. If you actually read my reply properly the key word was "any". I said "if we put any of those 3 in midfield..."

Spillane and Jarvis are not ready/good enough to play at this level. And Brellier has been a let down who doesn''t deserve a place in the team at the moment. New manager or not.

Obviously this is a non-issue at the moment as Russell isn''t banned but he was playing 1 of Jarvis, Spillane or Brellier in his place is definitely not the answer.