Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Coventry Players

Good for us if they go into administration....10 point penalty takes them to 16 points and another club dragged into a relegation scrap

oh dear, very sad that this may happen in todays football world.

However with the stupid amounts of money in football now its only amount of time that a lot more old big names like coventry fall by the way side.

It makes me angry to read this as a lot of people only look at chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle as the football clubs. Everyone else is skint.

the only bonus for this is that with the ten point deduction we stand a better chance of staying up.

Cheers All

Good idea - tho I doubt we have the money!

Even so - if they did get the points deduction, and callous as it sounds, it''d do us a favour as we hope to claw back position in the table!

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

oh dear, very sad that this may happen in todays football world.

However with the stupid amounts of money in football now its only amount of time that a lot more old big names like coventry fall by the way side.

It makes me angry to read this as a lot of people only look at chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle as the football clubs. Everyone else is skint.

the only bonus for this is that with the ten point deduction we stand a better chance of staying up.

Cheers All

[/quote]

It is sad that this could happen, but what the hell were they doing in the summer??  Got Dowie (big wage) and spent too, Borrowdale and Best come to mind, good players, but if there is no money then there is NO MONEY.

They were stupid, and now they are getting burnt, they would not have the 10points without signing the players, and therefore sad as it is to say get what they deserve, as are southampton.  Whatever people think about the boards, prudence vs ambition, i think most of us can be glad that we are not like Coventry or Southampton!

Cannot help in our position but hope that Coventry do go into administration, although I do think we will get out of it ourselves as long as January goes well.

Even if we are owed money on the McKenzie deal, isnt it right that football creditors get paid in full still when administration occurs?  Isnt it just non-football creditors who get screwed with 1p in the pound!

Mckenzie no thanks!!

Misfud would be great but can''t see it.

Borrowdale is a good left back, i dont know what adebola and kyle looked at but one, kyle maybe, could do a job up top. Dion aint gonna be around forever.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

Dion aint gonna be around forever.

[/quote]

...and the same will apply for Coventry FC......

I had a post here a long time ago wher it was reported that Norwich where looking at Mifud when he playd for Norwegan time Lillestrøm.

Frome what Mifsud told Norwegan media before the national game betven Malta and Norway he is draming aboute Premieship, in other words we wil not have a chans to sign him.