Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

I need help with my marriage!

Similar thread to duke022 this one. I have been married to a lovely girl for nearly 10 years but she hates Norwich City. I think she does it just to wind me up by cheering for I****** and other regular opposition sides. She follows the major tournaments (Euro 2004 etc) but I just cannot convert her. Not even Promotion to the Premiership, winnning the Nationwide or the magical Huckerby did it....what can I do? HELP!

Hmm a tricky one here Canary Boy. I find the best method is brain washing! What you do is, keep talking about Norwich constantly (as i''m sure you do) After a while your misses will realise that she knows mpre than she thinks. After a while phrases like "I know, he came from Man City" or "Yes, that''s the new stand isn''t it" or "So who are we signing in January?" will become common place in your relationship!! That''s the key- As soon as she starts refering to Norwich as "we", you know the brain washing is working!! Stick with it Canary Boy, you''ll get there!!

first of all don''t panic canary boy, this calls for a cool head and lots of crafty tactics

maybe she needs some help from a mad female perspective and i can qualify on both counts (i think)

i would have thought the sight of huckerby tearing down the hallowed turf towards goal would have converted anyone, but i suppose she could be more suspectible to greeno maybe? How come she ''follows'' england and not norwich? umm, very strange!

I trust you have taken her to carrow road? derby matches are always good first games, but sadly there won''t be too many of them in the next few years pmsl

you will just have to explain that there is nothing in the world as good as sharing a norwich goal with someone special, (trust me on this one eh?) and persaude her to share this bonding experience with you!! make sure you don''t take her to watch the west brom game though as you might be waiting a long time lol

why does she hate norwich? is it because you spend all your time and money on them (all perfectly understandable!), so she will just have to share all this with you won''t she, if you promise to compromise and share her interests with her (hope they are nothing too mind numbing!)

i will never forget someone (who must remain nameless) who announced in a crowed pub once that norwich city had contributed to his divorce and it was the team or her!! have to say, the team won as he is now divorced :-(

so things aren''t that bad with you i guess, keep the faith canary boy, she will have to come round eventually, and once she allows herself to enjoy the wonderful experience of being a city fan, it will all be plain sailing for you

keep us posted eh?

erm....... swindoncanary how will that help the marriage?
there wont be a marriage if they are divorced!