Sign in to follow this  
Michael Roberts

Doncaster

Niel Doncaster says in EDP that we failed to say an experienced professional because he wanted to stay at home over Xmas.  Anybody know who he is?    http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/commentary/NeilDoncaster.aspx

[quote user="Michael Roberts"]    Niel Doncaster says in EDP that we failed to say an experienced professional because he wanted to stay at home over Xmas.  Anybody know who he is?
    http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/commentary/NeilDoncaster.aspx
[/quote]

I love it that he uses such strong words when talking about England, "Gutless", "Insipid".  Yet when he talks about City, everything is suger coated.

I am sure there are better things to be raising in the weekly column than a whole paragraph dedicated to jumping on an already full bandwagon of obvious commentary about Englands failings currently. Maybe some parallel insight into why we became so utterly useless over the last few seasons could be a good direction for the Chief Executive.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]And this is the man who went to a Girls Aloud concert on transfer deadline day. Nice one Donc![/quote]To be fair to the Donc, he was trying to persuade Cheryl Tweedy that Ashley Cole would enjoy a spell on loan as Norwich City''s left back.  Cole''s fallen out of favour at Stamford Bridge, and was keen to come here but the shopping wasn''t up to scratch.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I think he''s a pretty decent waffler....and certainly wouldn''t look out of place as a current Government Minister.[:|][/quote]

I don''t mean David Nugent by the way......I meant Mr Dronecaster.....[|-)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]And this is the man who went to a Girls Aloud concert on transfer deadline day. Nice one Donc![/quote]

To be fair to the Donc, he was trying to persuade Cheryl Tweedy that Ashley Cole would enjoy a spell on loan as Norwich City''s left back.  Cole''s fallen out of favour at Stamford Bridge, and was keen to come here but the shopping wasn''t up to scratch.

[/quote] What do you mean, Norwich is one of the top shopping centres in the country!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]And this is the man who went to a Girls Aloud concert on transfer deadline day. Nice one Donc![/quote]To be fair to the Donc, he was trying to persuade Cheryl Tweedy that Ashley Cole would enjoy a spell on loan as Norwich City''s left back.  Cole''s fallen out of favour at Stamford Bridge, and was keen to come here but the shopping wasn''t up to scratch.

[/quote] What do you mean, Norwich is one of the top shopping centres in the country![/quote]Yes, that''s true.  For many years now, other football clubs have come to Norwich to do their shopping.

Yes, whoever it was, name him and shame him, publicly!

Then said player denies he was approached. Agent does same.

Statement issued "...we don''t expect clubs like Norwich City to say this about ''x'', it harms his reputation..."

''X''s club then get a bit nardy as well for whatever reason-Norwich City''s CE slagging off players that aren''t even his to slag off, they should look to their own failing etc etc.

Makes us look a REALLY attractive loan or transfer destination, doesn''t it? The club that bleats and publicly criticises players for having the audacity not to join them! Wonder what they must do to the players that do play for them?

Sounds like the player in question had a family etc etc. Rightly or wrongly, why the fuck should he be away from them over Christmas if its a move he doesn''t fancy and doesn''t want much anyway, and which isn''t ever going to lead to anything permanent. I wouldn''t be away from my wife at Christmas for any person or organisation, sod them if it makes me "not ambitious", don''t give a flying....

...and probably his attitude as well.