Sign in to follow this  
Jamie Curetons Green Hair

12 Straight home wins and still only 19000

[quote user="Chabal"]

On a serious note city angel, i don''t know!

We were getting higher crowds under Royle 2 years ago when we were playing crap football and languishing in lower mid table. And for some bizarre reason our away following is the best it''s been for years, i''m not sure what that says about Town fans!

The only possible explanation i''ve heard (and i''m not sure i believe it at all) is the sheer amount of home games in the run up to Christmas - we''ll be playing 5 games at home in the next 3 and a half weeks - it''s been mooted that fans will think that''s too many especially at this time of year and will only go to 2 or 3. Like i say, i''m not sure that''s the real reason, but it''s one that''s mentioned often.

it''s worth noting though that we used to both regularly get less than 15 k in the last decade (your lowest was in the 9000s ours in the 8000s!!) so 19750 on a tuesday night is still ok! 

[/quote]

I know you won`t like this but despite you lot obviously being more successful than us in the past, we actually have the higher historical average attendance. Attendance-wise things are now pretty much as they have always been and we clearly have the bigger support. Even in your glory days Portman Rd was hardly ever sold out. How do i know? Because my family`s from Lowestoft and people we knew used to go and pay on the gate for even the biggest games.

[quote user="T07"]What does it say about our ground and facilites compared to them.  Thank you board.
[/quote]

What a daft statement. There are plenty of clubs in this division with stadia and facilities as good or better than ours (Coventry, S`oton, Wolves, W.Brom, Stoke, Hull, Charlton.......) and none of them come close to selling out. If City fans are the only ones around who are impressed with shiny plastic seats, breeze-block stands and fresh-smelling toilets then i really am embarrassed.

[quote user="clblue"]When will you lot realise that attendances don''t get you points, that is why you are BOTL and why we are fifth with a game in hand! 15,000 at watford, 20,000 at Wolves, crowds in general are down, if you hadn''t sold 20,000 st pre season your crowds would reflect your league position and be around 15,000! However you will always have more than 20,000 at every game as you lot have already paid for your tickets![/quote]

But we did sell 20,000 (after finishing 16th), thats the point. By the way that`s more than you`ve ever sold after one of our worst seasons in decades.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]You haven''t been in the Ladies'' in the Lower Barclay have you Mr Carrow lol[/quote]

I wouldn`t admit it even if i had Gazza...*cough*.....[:$].....[:D]