24th position with an average crowd of 24500

Case rested. 

[quote user="Chabal"]

Where would you rather be?

4th position with an average crowd of 21500

Case rested. 

[/quote]

But you''re 4th in the league and have an unbeaten home record, what have your team got to do to get a decent crowd supporting them?

On a serious note city angel, i don''t know!

We were getting higher crowds under Royle 2 years ago when we were playing crap football and languishing in lower mid table. And for some bizarre reason our away following is the best it''s been for years, i''m not sure what that says about Town fans!

The only possible explanation i''ve heard (and i''m not sure i believe it at all) is the sheer amount of home games in the run up to Christmas - we''ll be playing 5 games at home in the next 3 and a half weeks - it''s been mooted that fans will think that''s too many especially at this time of year and will only go to 2 or 3. Like i say, i''m not sure that''s the real reason, but it''s one that''s mentioned often.

it''s worth noting though that we used to both regularly get less than 15 k in the last decade (your lowest was in the 9000s ours in the 8000s!!) so 19750 on a tuesday night is still ok! 

[quote user="Chabal"]

Where would you rather be?

4th position with an average crowd of 21500

Case rested. 

[/quote]

Obviously 4th position, but the fact is you can''t attract a sell out attendance at home even though you''ve won 12 in a row.

So do you think you will maintain crowds of above 20k then NV? Because history would suggest that you won''t..

[quote user="Chabal"]

On a serious note city angel, i don''t know!

We were getting higher crowds under Royle 2 years ago when we were playing crap football and languishing in lower mid table. And for some bizarre reason our away following is the best it''s been for years, i''m not sure what that says about Town fans!

The only possible explanation i''ve heard (and i''m not sure i believe it at all) is the sheer amount of home games in the run up to Christmas - we''ll be playing 5 games at home in the next 3 and a half weeks - it''s been mooted that fans will think that''s too many especially at this time of year and will only go to 2 or 3. Like i say, i''m not sure that''s the real reason, but it''s one that''s mentioned often.

it''s worth noting though that we used to both regularly get less than 15 k in the last decade (your lowest was in the 9000s ours in the 8000s!!) so 19750 on a tuesday night is still ok! 

[/quote]

Perhaps there are some decent people who don''t want to be associated with a club that steals from local business people.

[quote user="Chabal"]

So do you think you will maintain crowds of above 20k then NV? Because history would suggest that you won''t..

[/quote]

I really think that we will maintain crowds 20k or above this season, if we get relegated, then in League One I would doubt it.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]Perhaps there are some decent people who don''t want to be associated with a club that steals from local business people.[/quote]

Er... missed this one...?

It is slightly strange - I certainly thought that binner supporters would have been turning up more than they have been (of course, we could then go on about them all being a bunch of glory hunting fairweather supporters, but c''est la vie!).  Soton are one of the better ''name'' sides to be playing in this division, and with the side on an impressive home run, it is odd that so many are still staying away.  It must be a little disheartening for the players, having no dropped points at home and being in the top 6, to still be playing in a ground that is more than 1/3 empty.

well unless the fans are all like smudger, there is no reason why we cant keep it up, this is just me, but i have 4 friends, and 2 of my grandads frineds are all going to attempt to get a season ticket next year, so i doubt we will drop below 20,000

So they''ve suddenly decided 5 years after we went into administration that they don''t want to be connected with the club any more!?

Yeah, good one ob1, well thought out! 

When will you lot realise that attendances don''t get you points, that is why you are BOTL and why we are fifth with a game in hand! 15,000 at watford, 20,000 at Wolves, crowds in general are down, if you hadn''t sold 20,000 st pre season your crowds would reflect your league position and be around 15,000! However you will always have more than 20,000 at every game as you lot have already paid for your tickets!

For once I''d trade with the Binners. Wouldn''t bother me at all if we had less fans turning up week-in week-out and had won the last 12. And I shouldn''t think it bothers the few of them that bother to tourn up particularly... (Just wait though, they''ll all start getting excited soon and turning up in droves.)

Let''s face it they''re in the ascendancy over us for the moment on so many levels. But it won''t last indefinitely...

What does it say about our ground and facilites compared to them.  Thank you board.

i think the biggest thing is that we have 24000+ sitting on seats OWNED BY THE CLUB!!!

case rested

One of the reasons the Ipswich attendance fell below 20,000 is simple. How many Sothampton fans actually bought tickets? Very few I would imagine. Their away support has always been atrocious when compared to the home crowds they usually get. There was probably only 100 or so of them there on Tuesday night so no wonder the attendance dropped off a bit.

[quote user="kettering canary"]As soon as the take over is confirmed watch the attendance grow, the glory hunters will be falling over themselfs to see their team that they have always  loyaly supported.[/quote]

When people realise that the new owner facilitates the sale of arms that could be used to kill our soldiers they''ll stay away as well.

I have yet to see the advantage of owning your own ground - don''t Man City rent the City of Manchester stadium?

We re-signed a 99 year lease in 2001 i think, so i think we''re ok for the next 93 years!

Case dismissed.

HAHAHAHA according to skysports.com,  ipswich have a 30300 capacity and they are only averaging a 2/3 gate of 19000 thats poor for a now 5th place team.  mind you i wouldnt want to spend my saturday afternoon in portaloo road. who cares what they are doing and what they aint doing with attendance.  they are a town and full of sh**heads anyways. lol sing it loud, sing it proud, sing it for the green and yellow crowd

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]Perhaps there are some decent people who don''t want to be associated with a club that steals from local business people.[/quote]

Er... missed this one...?

[/quote]

Because they "pulled the ladder up" and let the local businesses go bust . Now you lovely old Ixxxxxx supporter can I ask you if Bouncer is home yet after his holiday in Bulgaria ? If he has now reached Turkey could someone tell him he is going the wrong way ?.

I think the only way out for him is , if he See''s a Turkish policeman go up to him and say "The Turkish national football team are crap " he will be deported straight away ,he may be missing some of his bits and pieces but he would be home , surely he can find his way home from a London airport  can''t he ? well perhaps not.[:D]  [;)] arrdee. 

My bank manager is a binner and likes nothing better than to call me on the pretence of discussing my account, only to gently rib me about our respective positions.

I asked if he was going to the match tomorrow and he said (in a quite dismissive way) ''Oh, I don''t go to the games"!

Obviously, he''s not alone.