Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Just back from Stoke

All in all a good day. The lack of traffic meant we arrived in Stoke at half twelve which was good and Stoke fans we met were fine with us.

Now to the game . First half excellent, a well taken Huckerby goal gave a deserved lead,2nd half Norwich  succumbed to Stokes ''long ball football''. We soon began to creak (defensively) and became overpowered, losing to a last minuted heartbreaker.

Our fans were brilliant during the ENTIRE game, outsinging and outsupporting the Stoke fans, I particularly liked the song '' 6 quid and you cant sell out'', it made me smug because I know full well Norwich would have sold out.

I really enjoyed my trip to Stoke ( even though it didnt compare to Carrow Road), hopefully I shall get the opportunity to go to more away games.

Oh, and Im certain we will stay up, the lads did well today.

I''ll agree with all that.Wish the ground was closer to the station thou - I walked both ways its miles!  you can see the ground from the tracks as well.

Hucks goal was well taken, and we did deserve to score, particularly as Stoke didn''t start to play until about 3.15pm. Shame we didn''t get another in that spell. I think that set us up for the rest of the game and you''re right we had a right good sing throughout the game and my throat is properly sore.

I''d advise anyone going in the future to get there early so you can park on the South Car park, right beside the South Stand very convenient. The ground is okay...those gaps between the stands spoil the atmosphere...not a proper stadium.

Walkers steak pies were good.

Keep up the optimism CT