Sign in to follow this  
Mason 47

Loans to Hartlepool- Who will it be?

So Roeder says Hartlepool will be getting one or two loan players from us as part of the deal for our brand new coach... who will it be?

My money is on Martin and Rossi or Spillane.

Dave the Striker and Ryan Jarvis.

Bring Bally back, lets get him involved in the first team cause he''s one who will come good if he''s given the chance, imo.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]maybe we could part exchange him for the Hartlepool one Mello? No, of course not, I am looking forward to the transfer window aren''t you?[/quote]

Somehow, I don''t think that Mr Dronecaster would be ''so transparent'' and quick to make himself readily available, accessible and approachable - outside of Hartlepool''s Victoria Park on match days. The ''Pools'' fan''s are a lot less tolerant and accepting.....than the Norfolk populace and occasionally gullible attender''s at ''buttress'' Carra Rud......

Anyhow, as legend and folklore would have it, didn''t the ''Hartlepudlians'' once hang a sunken French Armada galleon''s ''pet'' gibbering and chattering monkey - that had drifted ashore on a piece of flotsam. And not knowing what a Frenchman looked or spoke like - they ''assumed'' it was a French spy......So they lynched it!

I can just imagine the disgruntled ''North Easterners'' striding toward Darth Donkster with a length of rope with a large noose on the end.......Anything that chatters and gibbers nonsense, is a legitimate target I suppose......[:|]

I''d give them Halliday and Eagle, be a good test if they cant cut it there then time to let them go

[quote user="Vern "]Gary Donkerty with a bit of luck.[/quote]

As long as they are happy for long hoofs and not expecting him to make any 5 yard passes.   

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]Get off the Docherty slating FFS!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Why??. He is a bloody liability.

statiscally our best defender????? the stats done lie and the sooner people realise he has done better than "golden boy" Shackell (who hoofs it aimlessly almost every time he gets the ball) the better...

I think Roeder might just be building up to replace shacks with Fitz hall

jas :)

Well said.

If that man defended like William Gallas and also scored a hat-trick in every game for the rest of the season some people would still have it in for him.

[quote user="Vern "]

[/quote]

The only thing I don''t like about Gary Doherty is that he doesn''t power his headers, not like Danny Shittu does anyway.

Other than that I think he''s quite a decent defender in Championship football. Plus he would run through a brick wall for Norwich City. Shame people don''t appreciate that.

Let me see....shall we loan out one of our young lads nowhere near the team or One of our first team squad. Yeah great idea. Lets throw in Marshall, Hucks and Crofty for good measure.......!!!

Doherty ''might'' be our best defender statistically (where are these stats by the way?) but he is too much of a liability.  I went to Stoke on Saturday and he gave away too many free kicks and against Stoke that isnt something you want to do.   He also gave the ball away too much and sold his team mates short on most of his passes.

Shackell has looked every bit the player we all hoped this last 4 or 5 games and why?  Because he has a competent partner next to him.  He has his worst games when Doherty is next to him, fact.

Does he not make you cringe just a little bit when ever the ball is played to him?  He does me.   

I know he isnt a right back and probably struggled largely on saturday due to that but even when he is at Centre back he still doesnt convince me. 

You''ll never win anything with Doherty in your team, you can take that to the bank !

Absolutely Jas.To me, Shackell is more of a liability - I see him caught out of position and turned time and time again when I''m at Carrow Road. But then he''s an academy product, and looks like a footballer should (i.e., not 40, balding, and gangly), so he must be good, right? Hoofs from Doherty are greeted with derision, but if Shackell or Dublin does the same it''s apparently funny. Incidentally, when did Taylor/Shackell last put in a 40 yard crossfield ball to our striker''s head, resulting in a goal? And what about Taylor''s sliced clearance against Coventry when Marshall''s heroics prevented a soft goal at a dangerous time? Can you imagine the reaction if Doherty had sliced the clearance instead of Taylor? And how about Doherty having more shots on target than any of our strikers early on in the season.... Until we can get a better permanent replacement for either Doherty OR Shackell I can''t see any sense in getting rid of either of them. Yes, Doherty makes mistakes, but even the best do. The difference is, Doherty is usually singled out and vilified by some when others in the team make equal/more mistakes. Conveniently, the same people also tend to forget/ignore any positive contribution Doherty makes.But then again, it was the same with Fleming/Holt/Hughes/Etuhu wasn''t it? They were the weak links, get them out and the team will improve, right...

[quote user="Duffman"]

Doherty ''might'' be our best defender statistically (where are these stats by the way?) but he is too much of a liability.  I went to Stoke on Saturday and he gave away too many free kicks and against Stoke that isnt something you want to do.   He also gave the ball away too much and sold his team mates short on most of his passes.

Shackell has looked every bit the player we all hoped this last 4 or 5 games and why?  Because he has a competent partner next to him.  He has his worst games when Doherty is next to him, fact.

Does he not make you cringe just a little bit when ever the ball is played to him?  He does me.   

I know he isnt a right back and probably struggled largely on saturday due to that but even when he is at Centre back he still doesnt convince me. 

You''ll never win anything with Doherty in your team, you can take that to the bank !

[/quote]

Likewise you''ll never win anything as long as Jason Shackell is captain and a first choice centreback. If he needs a better player alongside him to make him look half decent then he''s not good enough.

Doherty is still the best defender on the books of this club. I can already see on this thread that people who have a bit of more an idea what they''re talking about know that.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

statiscally our best defender????? the stats done lie and the sooner people realise he has done better than "golden boy" Shackell (who hoofs it aimlessly almost every time he gets the ball) the better...

I think Roeder might just be building up to replace shacks with Fitz hall

jas :)

[/quote]

Quite right Jas

On Saturday at Stoke I watched Shackell and I believe that the captaincy weighs far too heavily on him, he doesn''t seem to be able to defend and captain at the same time. He was waving his arms as if he was directing traffic at other players to get in position yet wasn''t in the right place himself. There were several occasions where Taylor and Doherty had to dig him out of trouble with last ditch interventions.

Roeder should make someone else the captain and let shackell (if he is still in the team) concentrate on defending. Doherty was out of position yet tried very hard on Saturday and didn''t make that many errors.

I think GJP has just spoken a load of rubbish. But the beauty of the game is he is entitled to his opinion.  

[quote user="Duffman"]I think GJP has just spoken a load of rubbish. But the beauty of the game is he is entitled to his opinion.  [/quote]

So my stance is that I think Doherty is a decent defender at this level who doesn''t get given a fair go by some City fans.

And I also think that Jason Shackell is an average defender (at best) who isn''t good enough to lead Norwich to being nearer the top of this league. Plus I don''t think it''s good enough that Shackell has to rely on having a much better defender next to him to make him look up to half decent.

Which part of that is rubbish? Could someone, who actually knows something about the game of football, tell me which bit of that is rubbish?

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Vern "]

[/quote]

The only thing I don''t like about Gary Doherty is that he doesn''t power his headers, not like Danny Shittu does anyway.

Other than that I think he''s quite a decent defender in Championship football. Plus he would run through a brick wall for Norwich City. Shame people don''t appreciate that.

[/quote]

He gets paid enough for it....