Sign in to follow this  
Shifty Sid

Radio Norfolk Phone-in

Why are some people so negative!  One guy said ''same old Norwich, back to the old ways''.  Get real!  We played well today, we could have won it.  Under Grant or Worthington we hardly got any shots on goal in away games, merely going through the motions.  Had the Stoke game been played a month ago it would have been another 5-0 drubbing.  Many teams will go to Stoke this season and lose (and probably lose by a bigger margin than we did).  We turned the corner at Coventry at home.  We''ll beat Plymouth Tuesday night and I reckon we''ll beat Robson''s Sheffield United on Saturday - we will be out of the bottom 3 by Christmas and we will be in the top 15 by end of January.Yes, we will lose some loan players in January, but Patisson wants to stay permanently (out of contract in June, so available for peanuts) and once the transfer window opens I am confident the Board will back Roeder with money to ensure we stay well clear of the bottom three.Onwards and upwards!  On the ball, City!! 

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]Why are some people so negative!  One guy said ''same old Norwich, back to the old ways''.  Get real!  We played well today, we could have won it.  Under Grant or Worthington we hardly got any shots on goal in away games, merely going through the motions.  Had the Stoke game been played a month ago it would have been another 5-0 drubbing.  Many teams will go to Stoke this season and lose (and probably lose by a bigger margin than we did).  We turned the corner at Coventry at home.  We''ll beat Plymouth Tuesday night and I reckon we''ll beat Robson''s Sheffield United on Saturday - we will be out of the bottom 3 by Christmas and we will be in the top 15 by end of January.

Yes, we will lose some loan players in January, but Patisson wants to stay permanently (out of contract in June, so available for peanuts) and once the transfer window opens I am confident the Board will back Roeder with money to ensure we stay well clear of the bottom three.

Onwards and upwards!  On the ball, City!! 

[/quote]

Is that the same bloke who said something about going down to League One?

As far as I''m concerned people like that should find themselves another team to follow (I''m not going to use the word "support").

Good post though mate, nice positive attitude.

Agree with you 6 points from 9. Scored 6 conceded 3. And NCFC didn''t roll over and get stuffed today. You only have to go back to the Plymouth  game to  see how far NCFC have come in a short time. It is not going to  be easy games will be lost but I''ll tell  you what  I would rather have Roeder than that last village idiot we had as a manager . 

This is the stereotypical person that phones in to Radio Norfolk.  Moan moan moan,  from the commentry i heard they played another superb game,  and the changes in the second half were positive enough to try and win the game. we were just unlucky and that is football.  but be happy with 6 points from 9 and lets stuff plymouth on tuesday. Im proud of those players today and the effort they showed once again on that pitch.  i applaud Roeder and his staff for another fine display. dont listen to the moaners and get behind the boys again on tuesday.

Completely agree Sid

I wonder what will make some of them happy, if they can''t sense a real turnaround then they need a good kick up the rear.

I have every confidence in Glenn Roeder and we are turning the corner, looking more confident on the pitch and starting to play some great football. Onwards and upwards agreed.

Im also very happy about the fact we have a full backroom staff with winning attitudes. This will rub off on the players and the ''feel'' of being a complete club not just having one man moaning about the cracks and then trying to motivate.

Onward and upwards for the Canaries

It is hard sometimes to listen to the phone in on the radio because of the negativity some people have,we have turned the corner, things do not look so bleak now as they did three weeks ago,they play like a team now.

The stats from Auntie Beeb seem to suggest that the bigger team wrestled us out of the game as it went on, despite our good start.

Possession Stoke 55% Norwich 45 %
Shots on Target Stoke 6 Norwich 3
Shots off Target Stoke 7 Norwich 4
Corners Stoke 8 Norwich 4

Compare these stats with the games against QPR and Sheff Wed though (probably a shot in each match), and they show that at least we''re competing now.  Next week is  a big test - Plymouth are 5th, we need at least a draw against them, and Sheff Utd have won 4 or their last 5 games, including an away win in Stoke.  Anything less than 4 points and the momentum might be lost.

Agreed here as well. Some of those who phone in make me cringe, I think we have got the right man in Roeder and by the end of the season we are going to be so happy to have got him in to steer us to safety, as long as he is given some support from the board in January.

[quote user="muttley2"]It is hard sometimes to listen to the phone in on the radio because of the negativity some people have,we have turned the corner, things do not look so bleak now as they did three weeks ago,they play like a team now.[/quote]

Turned the corner???

How can you claim that is the case?

Roeder has had a little honeymoon period, but we are still rooted to the foot of the table and it is looking as likely as it has done all season long that we will find ourselves in the bottom 3 at Christmas.

We need 3 points from Plymouth again on Tuesday evening otherwise we will probably fin ourselves exactly where we are now on Christmas day with a couple of difficult fixtures between then and the New Year.

We are still in serious danger of being cut adrift prior to the transfer window opening in January.

We have turned the corner.  Had we won we''d be out of the bottom three.  Had we got a draw, we would be above Preston.  Only 2 weeks ago we were bottom and SEVEN points adrift.  If that''s not turning a corner then I don''t know what is!

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]We have turned the corner.  Had we won we''d be out of the bottom three.  Had we got a draw, we would be above Preston.  Only 2 weeks ago we were bottom and SEVEN points adrift.  If that''s not turning a corner then I don''t know what is!
[/quote]

We are still 4 points adrift from safety, with most of those outside of the relegation zone having a game in hand.

I''m sorry but you post appears to be all if''s and buts and maybe''s...  [:P]

Form since Roeder has taken over says that there has been a slight improvement but we will still find ourselves relegated come what May.

Today was the first city game I got to this season, living in Telford thank God I missed Wolves and WBA. The first half I thought we played like the Norwich of old super passing, passion and enjoyment, in the second I thought we adopted the Stoke high ball tactic and that was our downfall, if we had kept it on the deck I''m sure we could have won. Despite the defeat however I think Glenn is the right man we played with a bit of style and Hucks looked like he was up for it even tackling back and winning ball. Oh and a word for the fans you were great I only travelled 30 miles for the match but most of you travelled a couple of hundred one comment I will make is that if they are dirty Northen B**tards so are we, check the latitude on your maps!

Smudger, hear this, cos it doesn''t happen very often, I have been out for a few red wines with a city supporting friend to a city supporting pub (the Rosary Tavern should you ask) and the general opinion in there was we played well first half and did well to almost contain them in the second. We lost, but we fought well and had long spells controlling the game and passing the ball in the proper manner. What do you want - to play a la Pulis?

We HAVE turned the corner; in the way we are competing for the ball, we have players who fight for the cause and the shirt and we have belief instilled into them by a manager who believes in positive attitudes and winning.

He will get us to safety and we will survive. Sorry if this spoils your protest, but surely the club is more important than your ego.

If you don''t think we have turned the corner, how do you account for an excellent draw against Ipswich and the recent wins. Sure we lost today, even Man Utd lose sometimes.

What do you want? Us to be relegated so you can say I told you so? Try actually going to games and supporting your team. Nothing is perfect in life and NCFC is not, never will be. I am no lover of the board which has got us into this mess but at least they have appointed a manager capable of getting us out of it, and once he''s done that, we will move on to better things.

For once in your life, try to think positively. You might just enjoy it.

OTBC

[quote user="shropshire-lad"]

if they are dirty Northen B**tards so are we, check the latitude on your maps!

[/quote]facts have nothing to do with it.  I sang that despite travelling about 40 miles south to get to the match!

Quite agree Gazza( and I haven''t had any wine [:)]) that we have turned a corner and that Roeder is the man to get us out of this mess.You can see from the last 3 performances that we''re fighting again, have passion and want to win and I hope that every Norwich fan like you and me will get behind them and cheer them on.

Once we are safe and out of trouble then we can address our concerns with the board.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]We have turned the corner.  Had we won we''d be out of the bottom three.  Had we got a draw, we would be above Preston.  Only 2 weeks ago we were bottom and SEVEN points adrift.  If that''s not turning a corner then I don''t know what is!
[/quote]

We are still 4 points adrift from safety, with most of those outside of the relegation zone having a game in hand.

I''m sorry but you post appears to be all if''s and buts and maybe''s...  [:P]

Form since Roeder has taken over says that there has been a slight improvement but we will still find ourselves relegated come what May.

[/quote]

If you don''t mind (and, actually, even if you do) I think I''ll give more weight to the opinions of people who have actually seen us play in the last few weeks. Because, yes, you''re right, I completely agree that we are still in a fix but we have undoubtedly been playing a completely different and improved passing game since the international break under Roeder. And having not seen even ten seconds of it I can''t really see how your opinion on the way we have been playing is in any way relevant.    

100% agree norwich have been playing so much better recently, but u hav to agree that at the moment we are still in a precarious position and if the team keeps reverting back to the old hoof ball and alowing teams to get back into the game then we will be in trouble, we clearly couldve beaten stok on the first half performance but in th second half it went wrong,now this could juts be a slip up that roeder will rectify and everyone has to agree that stoke is a very tall demand to compete with, if the get that ball in the air they can punish, and yes many teams will go to stoke and lose or draw,the only one thing i can say isroeder is always looking for the win, you can see it in his substitutions, we shall see by christmas if the corner has really been turned or if weve misjugded it and ended up in the hedge

plymouth win       hsheff utd  win       hcolchester win      ascunthorpe  draw  acharlton      win     hthese are our next games if we can do this then we could just possible turn the corner and start to climb up the table

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="muttley2"]It is hard sometimes to listen to the phone in on the radio because of the negativity some people have,we have turned the corner, things do not look so bleak now as they did three weeks ago,they play like a team now.[/quote]

Turned the corner???

How can you claim that is the case?

Roeder has had a little honeymoon period, but we are still rooted to the foot of the table and it is looking as likely as it has done all season long that we will find ourselves in the bottom 3 at Christmas.

We need 3 points from Plymouth again on Tuesday evening otherwise we will probably fin ourselves exactly where we are now on Christmas day with a couple of difficult fixtures between then and the New Year.

We are still in serious danger of being cut adrift prior to the transfer window opening in January.

[/quote]Smudger the eternal pessimist! If Roeders team hadn''t won at all, you would be gloating and complaining even more about the board or whatever came to mind. Why don''t you just get behind the team, recognise the fact that at least some changes have taken place and try to be positive for once. I know it''s a stretch but give it a go!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]HALLO NEEEEEL![/quote]

LMFTO Mello... short & sweet but fantastic as always!!!  [Y]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Quite agree Gazza( and I haven''t had any wine [:)]) that we have turned a corner and that Roeder is the man to get us out of this mess.You can see from the last 3 performances that we''re fighting again, have passion and want to win and I hope that every Norwich fan like you and me will get behind them and cheer them on.

Once we are safe and out of trouble then we can address our concerns with the board.

[/quote]certainly roeder is already making revenge noises ahead of the plymouth match - he wants a city performance that erases some of the horror he saw down pastyway a month ago.