Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

If Roeder continues with the current form since he took the hotseat...

the we may be seeing a slight improvement under his stewardship when his record is compared to the latter days of both Grant and Worthy''s time in charge...

But we will still be relegated on approximately 42 to 45 points

If we are still in the bottom 3 at Christmas then we will need a miracle to save us.

We won''t get relegated from this league.

I''m not saying we''ll march up the league and into the play-offs this season but I don''t consider relegation to be a possible outcome.

It''s been obvious from Roeders first few weeks incharge that he''s a man who likes to play football the right way, unlike Grant. He''s clearly got a decent network of contacts, has respect within the game and is able to attract good quality players to the club. He''s also a man who is prepared to speak his mind but only in a way which helps the club.

It''ll be a long and tough battle but we will not get relegated, of that I have no doubt.

[quote user="GJP"]

I''m not saying we''ll march up the league and into the play-offs this season but I don''t consider relegation to be a possible outcome.

It''s been obvious from Roeders first few weeks incharge that he''s a man who likes to play football the right way, unlike Grant. He''s clearly got a decent network of contacts, has respect within the game and is able to attract good quality players to the club. He''s also a man who is prepared to speak his mind but only in a way which helps the club.

It''ll be a long and tough battle but we will not get relegated, of that I have no doubt.

[/quote]

I admire your optimism but if reports that Taylor wants out on December 8th leaving us with Doc and Shacks at the back will you still be so confident? Yes, things have picked up in the last week (and since GR has arrived) but I predict a long hard winter and spring of struggle just to survive.  

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Form since Roeder has taken over on the other hand (even though it is improved form) would suggest otherwise.

We are currently averaging just over a point a game since Roeder took charge...

Now I am no mathematician, but unless that form is considerably improved upon then we will be relegated.

[quote user="GJP"]

It''ll be a long and tough battle but we will not get relegated, of that I have no doubt.[/quote]

I remember my leeds utd pal telling me excatly the same last year, even with two games left before they lost to ipswich

i myself dont think you''ll go down, but never saying never especially in football, leeds utd could do it last year from going playoff finalist to where they are now, anyone in this league could go down

Nothing changes overnight well all know that. But I think the signs are positive and so far Glenn Roeder looks like the man for the job, he''s been around the block and he knows the score.

I expect us to be beaten a few more times before the end of the season but I expect us to win enough games to see as win enough games to finish above the drop zone.

I think the good thing for us is that we''ve already had our worst spell in the earlier stages of the season and we''ve got plenty of time to start putting things back on track.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Now I am no mathematician, but unless that form is considerably improved upon then we will be relegated.

[/quote]Well I am.  I''ve also been to the last two matches, and I will correct your mistakes.If we continue playing like I have seen this week then we will get more than the 1.5 points per match we have gained in two AWAY matches.  Stoke were very good and I certainly don''t expect them to let too many points go at home except to the real promotion contenders.Also remember that we are very very likely to be level on points with coventry as well very soon.I did wonder how long it would take you to crawl out of the woodwork following this result.  I wonder where the cluckwit is?

Agreed GJP, we must have faith in Glenn Roeder, he''s shown he knows what the problems are and is working hard to resolve them. We can only hope the board will back him in January. Already there are signs of recovery and the return of some half decent football.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Well I am.  I''ve also been to the last two matches, and I will correct your mistakes.

If we continue playing like I have seen this week then we will get more than the 1.5 points per match we have gained in two AWAY matches.  Stoke were very good and I certainly don''t expect them to let too many points go at home except to the real promotion contenders.

Also remember that we are very very likely to be level on points with coventry as well very soon.

I did wonder how long it would take you to crawl out of the woodwork following this result.  I wonder where the cluckwit is?
[/quote]

Agreed Smudger and Cluck have been very quiet for the past 2 weeks but lose a game and they''ll both be back this weekend.

I can''t understand ppl having a shot at Roeder after today''s result. His plans before the match were shot by Otsemobor''s migraine - let''s face it, he would never have played the Doc at right-back if had free choice. City played well first half but were worn down by Stoke''s physical approach in the second half. Okay, no points today and we are still bottom, but we are improving, playing football and looking like a team. Can anyone honestly say that Peter Grant got 11 men to play as a team away from home? I think it''s going to be tough to stay up, but Roeder can do it. The improved displays and more confident looking players says it all for me - we have a manager who can get us out of this mess.

its not the away results that are the problem, i mean stoke are a very hard team to play against, there tall and very physical, but if we can get a good home run going and start to win games at home and draw a few away and win the lesser physical sides away we should be ok,roeder said he needs 14 points from each 11 gamesipswich   draw   1point      hwatford   loss     0 point     hplymouth loss    0 point     acoventry  won   3 points    hblackpool won  3 points    astoke        loss    0 points   aplymouth          h  possible 3 pointssheff utd           h  possible 3 pointscolchester        a   possible 1 pointscunthorpe       a  losscharlton           h   possible 1 pont11 games played    possible 15 points look likely so on that form if he continued with 15 points from 11 games we will get 45 points added to the 15 we got we should get 60 points by the end of the seasonis this relegation possible, i mean if we can do that so could th teams above us

I really don''t think it''s fair to take the games played before the international break into account, we''re playing like a different team now.  We raised it for Ipswich but were woeful in the others.  Since the break we have won 2 and lost 1.  Keep that up for the next 27 matches, and I make that 18 wins = 54 points ?

That said, this form of extrapolation is meaningless.

i agree with gjp GR will get us out of this mess that PG put us in. He will get us well clear of the relegation battle soon and come january hopefully get sum good quality players in. then next season we will  be proper promotion contenders!!  

Sorry Smudger but as per normal you have completely missed what is in front of your eyes because of the anti NCFC blinkers you seem to wear.

The point is that after just a few games we are already showing distinct signs of improvement. Roeder isn''t going to sit on his hands for the rest of the season and will be striving to improve further. There are continued reports that more players are on their way in and that some of the squad are going in January. In short you can''t assume that what he has done so far is as already far as he can take us. There are plenty of games, a transfer window and no doubt problems such as injuries and loss of form still ahead but it''s very likely that we will carry on the upward curve.

We will see but as you predicted relegation in last place for last season I don''t see why we need to take any notice of your prophecy for this one.

I''ll second that Cityboy4life.

It must be difficult for Smudger, he''s only the radio to rely on for his match analysis. HE isn''t watching for himself the vast improvement GR has made. HE isn''t confident that the corner HAS been turned. Shame really, he''s missed some really good football. As you say Cityboy, should we escape relegation we have plenty to build on for next year.

But as Smudger is unavailable on a Saturday he''s never going to know is he.

The rest of us can only continue to support our team over the next few months. There is plenty of time to question the board should any new deals not happen. GR has made it clear he''s only going to get rid of players IF he can get replacements in. It''s up to the board to help him achieve this. I have no doubt he will go after the right type of player and get us back to playing some great football.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Well I am.  I''ve also been to the last two matches, and I will correct your mistakes.

If we continue playing like I have seen this week then we will get more than the 1.5 points per match we have gained in two AWAY matches.  Stoke were very good and I certainly don''t expect them to let too many points go at home except to the real promotion contenders.

Also remember that we are very very likely to be level on points with coventry as well very soon.

I did wonder how long it would take you to crawl out of the woodwork following this result.  I wonder where the cluckwit is?
[/quote]

Cluck has been gagged...

As for 1.5points per game?

We simply haven''t done that so far since Roeder took charge...

We have averaged just over a point per game since he took charge... if that trend continues then we will be relegated.

Smudger P**s off will you, its funny how when we are winning you have nothing to say but then a loss and its all doom and gloom and negative quotes!!

[quote]

Cluck has been gagged...

We have averaged just over a point per game since he took charge... if that trend continues then we will be relegated.[/quote]

Well, seeing as the tickets are only a tenner a pop, why don''t you come along on Tuesday and take a look for yourself at the change in style of play, and competitive spirit in the team that has been there since the international break Smudge ?  I''m sure you could give "that woman and her cronies" a round of drinks in exchange for an evenings'' entertainment ?  To be honest, I don''t think they''ll see much of your money at that price, they''re probably only covering the wages of the turnstile staff, so your consciense (never could spell that word, conshunce ?) would be clear.  Get a pie from Morrisons for half time, and it''d be just like you weren''t there !

Next few games are going to be make or break Plymouth (5th) Sheff Utd (11th) Charlton (4th) Wolves (3rd) are not the easiest home games going and 2 tricky away games at Col Utd and Scunthorpe , after these 6 games we should have a much better idea of how the season is going to pan out .    If most of those games go to form we are going to be so far adrift there will be no coming back , think 3 wins is a must but its no sure thing .

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

Sorry Smudger but as per normal you have completely missed what is in front of your eyes because of the anti NCFC blinkers you seem to wear.

The point is that after just a few games we are already showing distinct signs of improvement. Roeder isn''t going to sit on his hands for the rest of the season and will be striving to improve further. There are continued reports that more players are on their way in and that some of the squad are going in January. In short you can''t assume that what he has done so far is as already far as he can take us. There are plenty of games, a transfer window and no doubt problems such as injuries and loss of form still ahead but it''s very likely that we will carry on the upward curve.

We will see but as you predicted relegation in last place for last season I don''t see why we need to take any notice of your prophecy for this one.

[/quote]

Funny that I thought you lot were predicting the play-offs last season and that this time last year Granty was our new messiah set to lead us to the promised land???

I will be there to meet all comers tomorrow... it is a civilized world if you lot disagree fine but I feel that it is high time that those who have issues with our current board were given a voice.

I am in support of Roeder, he looks like he want the team to play good football, but will that be enough to save us? As for those already saying we will be safe under Roeder, can''t you remember the good start Grant made? and look what happened there!  Calm down and lets wait and see, and if we do fail, it won''t be Roeders fault it will be the Boards''. With Taylor looking likely to leave we will desparately need a CB and in Doncasters last piece he spoke about how we had money for loan signings, nothing was said about the sort of money needed for permanent additions.  Where that leaves us, Roeders ambitions and the Board we can only speculate, I do get the feeling though that Roeder will not be happy if his hands are tied in January!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Well I am.  I''ve also been to the last two matches, and I will correct your mistakes.If we continue playing like I have seen this week then we will get more than the 1.5 points per match we have gained in two AWAY matches.  Stoke were very good and I certainly don''t expect them to let too many points go at home except to the real promotion contenders.Also remember that we are very very likely to be level on points with coventry as well very soon.I did wonder how long it would take you to crawl out of the woodwork following this result.  I wonder where the cluckwit is?[/quote]

Cluck has been gagged...

We have averaged just over a point per game since he took charge... if that trend continues then we will be relegated.

[/quote]Good to see your literacy and attention to opposing arguements is as good as ever...Read the red bit again - I was refering to the Blackpool and Stoke matches, this week, which I witnessed.  3 points in 2 matches is 1.5 points per match.

surely Smudger my dear, if you believe we WILL continue our trend of 1 point per game for the rest of the season, why isn''t it possible for all 3 sides currently above us to lose EVERY game between now and the end of the season?. granted its unlikely, but any form is only temporary, why shouldnt theirs be the upside of their seasons if ours is the down?. also as someone already stated Coventry may soon be losing points, as may be Cardiff it now seems. coupled with the fact not too long ago we were 6 points behind 23rd and now in 2 wins time and with abit of luck could be out of the relegation zone?. with possibly Coventry aswell behind up, the Cardiff one will drag on yet, its not all doom and gloom as you love to point out. but hay, wheres the fun in being positive?.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[/quote]

Funny that I thought you lot were predicting the play-offs last season and that this time last year Granty was our new messiah set to lead us to the promised land???

I will be there to meet all comers tomorrow... it is a civilized world if you lot disagree fine but I feel that it is high time that those who have issues with our current board were given a voice.

[/quote]

Firstly I''m not part of a "lot", I''m just me. Secondly I''ve never predicted the play-offs, last year or this - I find you only end up with egg on your face when it goes wrong, something you never seem to have any problem coping with.