Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Coventry administration

Just heard on Five live that this has just happened, sad for them but with the points deduction, good news for us!

Breaking news on sky sports. Coventry intend taking coventry into administration unless a buyer can be found within the next ten days.

I thought people were queueing up to buy championship clubs.   [;)]

Confirmed on Talksport at 2.30pm which means they will suffer a 10 point penalty putting them level with us in the Championship.

You dont wish this on anyone bar leeds, ipswich for you n wba for me lol

this though is great news for you guys and maybe your fortunes are slowly starting to change

its not -10pts which will hurt them but the quanity of players im sure to be leaving coventry in likes of doyle, misfuid and thay young centre half

dowie also will leave

Hold your horses.  Coventry have not gone into administration yet.  They have only said they will do IF a deal is not concluded with Ray Ranson within the next 10 days.  fwiw Pat Murphy on 5Live thinks this deal is likely to be completed, as both sides want it and Ranson apparently has the funds but is haggling over terms, so Coventry have set a deadline.  

On the same bulletin heard that Ip**** have rubber stamped their deal with Marcus Evans who will take over 87.5%, wipe out the debt and invest £12m.

I haven''t heard Talksport but if they really said administration had been confirmed they are wrong.  Administration has NOT been confirmed.  Coventry are in takeover talks with Ray Ranson and have set a 10-day deadline for the deal to be completed otherwise they intend to go into administration.  It appears that Ranson has the money but is stalling over terms, and according to 5Live it is more likely than not that the deal will happen.  We shall see. 

You are right Lappin Five live confirmed the details later, I just heard the headline to start with.

Just before we all get too excited, they''re not in administration yet - and the way they''re spinning it is that it will get their takeover through quicker.

I''d hope it wouldn''t take another club getting ten points deducted to keep us up...

Why do some teams get deducted 15 points (i.e., leeds & rotherham) and others only get a 10 point deduction.  Also, if Coventry were deducted 10 points today, we would still be below them on goal-difference.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Just before we all get too excited, they''re not in administration yet - and the way they''re spinning it is that it will get their takeover through quicker.

I''d hope it wouldn''t take another club getting ten points deducted to keep us up...

[/quote]

If Coventry went into admin now we''d still be bottom on goal difference.  They''d be in the relegation dogfight, but Leeds are an object lesson in using a points deduction as a motivational tool.  How embarrassing would it be if we got a ten-point start and still went down?   It''s a distraction we absolutely don''t need imo, which can only put added pressure on.  I hope it doesn''t happen, for our sake as well as Coventry''s.

First, its not going to happen, its just a bookeeping issue.  Second, if we need other clubs to go into admin for us to stay up, we deserve to go down.

[quote user="USA Canary"]Why do some teams get deducted 15 points (i.e., leeds & rotherham) and others only get a 10 point deduction.  Also, if Coventry were deducted 10 points today, we would still be below them on goal-difference.[/quote]It is a 10 point deduction for administration. Leeds were deduced 15 points for not paying their creditors properly (v. basic explination). So the situations are not the same. Luton got deducted 10 points for administration 2 weeks ago.

sorry to pee on your bonfires but we will still be bottom of the league on goal difference.. infact this is the worst thing that could of happened as its now another team we need to try and finish ahead of!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

sorry to pee on your bonfires but

we will still be bottom of the league on goal difference.. infact this

is the worst thing that could of happened as its now another team we

need to try and finish ahead of!

[/quote]

Ey?! How is it worse for us that they might lose 10 points and get

thrown into the relegation mix rather than be safe above it?

[quote user="blacko"]Just heard on Five live that this has just happened, sad for them but with the points deduction, good news for us![/quote]Its a sad day in the world of football when a club goes into administration or is about to.  It doesnt matter who they are its still bad news.  i hope someone does step in to resuce the club as they are a great club and considering a few years ago they were in the Prem just like Norwich.  Theres just not enough money in the Championship these day and they players demand to much money to play like muppets.  Long live Coventry City.

Things aren''t looking too great for Cardiff either!http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/7125600.stm

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Yes but we would only be 1 pt away from safety rather than 4pt. [/quote]

how''d u work that out Jim???? http://new.pinkun.com/content/NCFC/Stats/2007-2008/table.aspx

Blackpool are in the shakeup.. we wouldnt need 1 point to get ahead of Coventry.. they are still above us...

which brings me to my point spat... they are above us (admittedly on goal difference) and that brings 5 teams into the shakeup from 4 at the end of the weekend... ok so theres more teams to slip up but theres also more teams to go clear.. we could do with the 3 teams above us losing points rather than have somebody else down there we have to rely on...

[quote user="dougal"]Things aren''t looking too great for Cardiff either!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/7125600.stm

[/quote]Maybe we should send Ridsdale to work for Marcus Evans at the scum next !!

Probaly get away with it like the Scum have

Ruined  lots of Companies, cost jobs through their debts now chirping about 12 million pound to spend

Legal Robbery if you ask me