Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Bored with 2004!!

Euro 2004 that is!. I was chatting to Master Nagus last night, so its really his idea. But we were trying to work out why we''re already bored with the tornament after just two games.

His theory, and its one I totally agree with, is that after this mad hectic, championship season for City, we''re both so emotionally drained by it, that we''ve both got nothing left to give the England Team.

Any worries, expectations, and concerns, are all consumed by City survival chances next season. Maybe if Greeno was in the squad it would be different, but of course he aint.

Anyone else having the same thoughts as us?, although judging by the number of bloody flags on cars, proberly not.

Maybe this thread should have been on a different board, but it does have a City element behind it, so there!.

So I''m now off to do a bit of gardening, and this evening while THAT game is on TV, conjure up many shocking City victories for next season.

I will be planting a new crop of triple helix hex''s today, please wish me luck.

Agree with wiz that compared to last season it is boring.
One idea to liven up your veiwing is to spread bet on goal time, shirts, bookings etc. I had shirts on the first game and won some cash when portugal scored in the 94th minute.However wish id been on bookings in the second game as would have won a small fortune.
PS; doesnt always work as i had time of first goal and shirts in the huddersfield vmansfield play off final and it ended 0-0 losing me £990. Just as well is was a play for fun account!

hiya first wiz

oh god mate, you are really down eh?

it is a beautiful sunny day (and i will be gardening this afternoon too!) b4 going down to find a pub showing the england game with my daughter, hope we find a good one, and that the game is good - just pity my good old mate rainbowchaser who is going to find a bar in france (he is on holiday watching motor racing supposedly) for him and the crew to watch the game, hope he doesn''t get arrested!!!

haven''t seen any of the games yet, but will be looking forward to having a beer or two and enjoying the atmosphere, i am not england''s biggest fan, but i will be cheering them on - i watched the test match all last weekend, and can even watched the cricket match going on at norwich school yesterday, i was that desperate for sporting action !!!

so enjoy the sunshine, and plant them triple helix hexs (what colours do they come in?)

how is mrs wiz, fullly recovered i trust, all the best :-)

All of my triple helix hex''s are yellow and green of course Gazza. And bad new regarding Mrs Wiz I''m afraid, she''s started driving my bloody car again, argh!.

Thanks for asking, and I must be grateful she''s well on the mend.

Hiya Wiz. Well I must admit I am not of the same opinion as your good self on this matter. Being a football lover full stop I can watch most things and with Norwich now safely in the Premiership I have found that I can relax and watch the tournament safe in the knowledge that Norwich have not got to endure another treacherous season in Division One. We have all experienced the great highs that City have given us last season and of course nothing will compare to that unless we actually win the Euro Cup (then it would only be a close second) so I am now just chilling out and enjoying the space between seasons when no doubt all our anxieties, frustrations, nerves etc etc etc will return.

Hey Wiz.

I can see your point my friend. I must admit that my feelings towards the national team are NOTHING compared to my feelings for my beloved Norwich! Obviously I would be disappointed if we went out in the group stages, but I would get over it pretty quickly! I''m quite liking the tournament so far. Ok the Spain game was a bit dull last night but I''m looking forward to tonight and games like Holland Vs Germany.

All this football is just the warm up act for me though. August 14th is when the real football starts! I can''t wait for next season but having a bit of footy in between isn''t such a bad thing!