Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

Search for a Norwich City Drummer.

Please no drummer or beller either, both are incredibly irritating especially for those who have to sit near to them.

[quote user="Andyjzr"]Please no drummer or beller either, both are incredibly irritating especially for those who have to sit near to them.
[/quote]

Maybe a mouth organ then? Or perhaps a Saxaphone?!!! Damn Dion is on the pitch so that ones out the window!!!!!

I play the drums but don''t have a season ticket. I have thought of taking one to matches before but I also realised that the drum might not be the only thing getting beaten with the sticks by the end of the match if I did!

But I guess that highlights one of the problems - we are only to make so much noise because one wouldn''t want to upset that wonderfuly nice chap eating his picnic . . . . . ;oD

Teams with drummers are doing well?

Leicester? Blackpool?

;o)

I did suggest - in all seriousness - during a meeting at Carrow Road many years ago that they ought to ''employ'' the Samba Band to stay on during the game rather than just doing the pre-match or half-time entertainment.

Y''know, play up the yellow/green Norwich/Brazil feeling.

I still think it would be a good idea...

*(stands back and waits for abuse!)*

Would have to be a definite NO! from me as well.

It''s bad enough when you get some moron constantly screaming abuse at a player simply for being on the pitch, but add a drummer next to that and I''d rather book a trip to the fifth circle of hell.

Personally I can''t understand why clubs even let them into the grounds.

You want to play a drum, sod off to Glastonbury, I want to watch football without some irritating pratt making an incessant noise near me.

Instead of Drums, perhaps we should take our own little trumpets down to Carra......We could blow them till our hearts content - instead of continually blowing them on here......."TOOT TOOT!"......."PARP!" 

sit him in the river end and i can just about put up with it

stick him in the snakepit and its a letter in writing every game to complain

hate bands/drummers/idiots in tutus and wands who need a bullet in the skull

So most people say that a drummer or Beller is a bad idea simply because they dont want it near them in the stands. Its quite amusing to be honest and i do agree,  having seen spurs on tv a few times, the guy in the studio always goes home with a headache cos the drummer sits outside the sky studio at white hart lane.  lmao.  So maybe we could put a Drummer/Samba band in the area where the hotel is. that way they are not in the stands but loud enough to be heard and annoy the hell out of the away supporters at the same time.  HEHE. maybe a drummer at the top and bottom of the Jarrold stand too and surround the away fans that way they all go home with headaches. LMAO

Drums (and drum sticks) are not actually prohibited in football grounds in this country. so expect to have it whipped off you by Jim Bowen the steward in the Barclay...

when we play Pompey the stewards in the away end should really confiscate that bell... either that or remove Mr Westwood for a breach of safety...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Drums (and drum sticks) are not actually prohibited in football grounds in this country. so expect to have it whipped off you by Jim Bowen the steward in the Barclay...

when we play Pompey the stewards in the away end should really confiscate that bell... either that or remove Mr Westwood for a breach of safety...

[/quote]

The KC Stadium prohibits them as there are signs next to their entrances.

While there may not be a statue law explicity banning drums at football grounds, people need to be aware of entertainment licences.

Furthermore you are correct to draw our attention to the Health & Safety issues, how can a big drum be safe in terms of obstructing the exit route if there was an emergency. Moreover isn''t their a risk to people''s hearing and mental state etc.? 

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

The KC Stadium prohibits them as there are signs next to their entrances.

While there may not be a statue law explicity banning drums at football grounds, people need to be aware of entertainment licences.

Furthermore you are correct to draw our attention to the Health & Safety issues, how can a big drum be safe in terms of obstructing the exit route if there was an emergency. Moreover isn''t their a risk to people''s hearing and mental state etc.? 

[/quote]Canary Nut,Do you constantly have to put a damper on everyones posts,  whats this about an entertainment license???  isnt that needed if you want to perform in the streets of norwich?  like the guy with the puppets etc? if you are right can you provide a link to the rule and regulation website and the paragraph, section, sub section and line?????  but please this is just an open discussion for opinions it isnt actually an appeal to bring in a drummer but if a guy turns up on tuesday evening with a drum then fantastic, i would love to see the crowd reaction as they get behind him. but please canary nut,  join in the disussion with light banter, like the guy who posted the Crystal palace article.  now that was bloody funny. lmao.

Optimistic Canary,

May I suggest you understand what freedom of speech is about. Sometimes I''ll agree with people, sometimes I will not. 

With reference to entertainment licenses, I refer you to the local council for each football ground.

As for a drummer turning up at Carrow Rd, if this bb is a true refelection of Norwich City supporters then I would expect the response to a drummer to be negative.

Finally, what I post is up to me to decide (subject to the moderators) and not for you to dictate.

OOOOOOOOH! Handbags at dawn by the looks of it. There''s some halftime entertainment for yer, optimisticcanary and canarynut sumo wrestling in the centre circle. sod a drummer, you can''t bloody find one in Norwich anyway!

i like the trumpet/horn thingy they used in the rugby world cup, whenever there was a kick off, and everyone cheered after it, i think it might be a northern african thing or like that, that really got me going. But rugby atmospheres are often better than football, because the players show there passion right from the off, unlike some of our lads meekly whispering the national anthem.

Can Jason Robinson play football?

so the hour is upon us,  will a drummer turn up at the game tonight or not.  either way we are in for a great match. ive predicted a good 4-1 win to city.  i would love to see someone in the lower barclay or snakepit with the drum giving it their all for the cause and rousing a roaring "on the ball city".  either way, sing it loud, sing it proud, and sing it for the green and yellow crowd. 

Just heard a rumour that there IS going to be a drummer there tonight. He''s leading smudgers protest march into the stadium !!   [:D]