Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

Search for a Norwich City Drummer.

There seems to be a trend happening lately accross Europe.  that teams at home with a Drummer seem to do well.  or maybe even a small band. Does anyone know if Norwich ever had a drummer and when?  would anyone be interested in starting a search to bring a drummer to carrow road to keep the tempo of the fans up???  maybe get one in the Barclay or Snake pit? Theres no doubt that the atmosphere there is fantastic already, ive been a season ticket holder in the Barclay for a few years now but i reckon a drummer might be good for the fans at this end of the ground.   So anyone wnna help me in my search to find someone or maybe volunteer in either of the Barclay or Snake pit?  lets hear your thoughts please????????

We did have some once, this was back in the Mike Walker II phase I think (but don''t quote me on that), anyway they were in the Snakepit and I was about ten seats away from them. Deafening isn''t the word. I think they got so much stick from other fans they gave up. There was a trumpet too I think.

It was all done to encouarge the relatively small crowds at the time to sound "bigger". Not sure it worked really.

When the Snakepit first opened we had a drummer for a season or so.

People complained constantly, though personally i liked it.

I think he got banned for throwing his drumstick at the linesman once.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

bring on the drummer. love the idea!

[/quote]

All well and good mate until you''re the poor sod sitting in front of him!.[:|]

No, hate drummers. You say teams do well with a drummer. We played Blackpool on Tues and they had a drummer. I doubt the club would let you bring one in anyway. Shouldnt need a drum to get the fans going.

But they''re not drummers are they? they just hit a skin with a big stick! I should know, my son, who''s been a few bands, is a proper, 100% trained drummer.............there is a bloody big difference!.[:|]

Oh god dont remind me about the Portsmouth bell, one of the most annoying things in the world [:@]!!  The one good thing about them getting promoted is not having to listen to it any more [<:o)].

If as you say the atmosphere at Carrow Road is good already, we dont need our own Norwich band, leave it to clubs who need to create atmosphere like Sheff Wed.

[quote user="Optimisticcanary"]There seems to be a trend happening lately accross Europe.  that teams at home with a Drummer seem to do well.  or maybe even a small band. Does anyone know if Norwich ever had a drummer and when?  would anyone be interested in starting a search to bring a drummer to carrow road to keep the tempo of the fans up???  maybe get one in the Barclay or Snake pit? Theres no doubt that the atmosphere there is fantastic already, ive been a season ticket holder in the Barclay for a few years now but i reckon a drummer might be good for the fans at this end of the ground.   So anyone wnna help me in my search to find someone or maybe volunteer in either of the Barclay or Snake pit?  lets hear your thoughts please????????
[/quote]

Sadly the best 2 drummers ever are dead (Bonham and Moon).

Maybe give Charlie Watts or Ian Paice a call?

Or the guy from the Cadbury''s adverts.

Back in about 1998-99, there used to be two kids drumming in the corner between the City Stand and the River End - they were presumably put there to be as far away from the other supporters as possible.  They were annoying beyond belief.

No thanks.

It''s bad enough when Sheffield Wednesday come to town and bring their awful brass band with them. Yes, the very same guys that ruin every England game with their crappy renditions of Rule Britannia, and Escape to victory. It''s both annoying and embarrassing.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

[quote user="Optimisticcanary"]There seems to be a trend happening lately accross Europe.  that teams at home with a Drummer seem to do well.  or maybe even a small band. Does anyone know if Norwich ever had a drummer and when?  would anyone be interested in starting a search to bring a drummer to carrow road to keep the tempo of the fans up???  maybe get one in the Barclay or Snake pit? Theres no doubt that the atmosphere there is fantastic already, ive been a season ticket holder in the Barclay for a few years now but i reckon a drummer might be good for the fans at this end of the ground.   So anyone wnna help me in my search to find someone or maybe volunteer in either of the Barclay or Snake pit?  lets hear your thoughts please????????
[/quote]

Sadly the best 2 drummers ever are dead (Bonham and Moon).

Maybe give Charlie Watts or Ian Paice a call?

[/quote]

Good old Keith...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UfVCuQviD1c

P.s, Bonhams right duke has never been bettered.

NO NO NO NO NO!

It might be the only way crappy clubs can induce some fake boring "atmosphere" in the form of a few people clapping along to a drum, but I want banter, chants, real noise and spontineity*!

If a drummer comes to Carrow Road, anywhere near me, he''ll get his drumsticks shoved up his nostrils.

*excuse the spelling!

If the Blackpool "drummer" comes to Carrow Rd. this season I trust the police or the local council officials will be asking that person for their entertainment licence obtained from Norwich City Council.

BTW., I understand there was an incident at Southampton recently  between the stewards and the Blackpool "drummer".

BAN THE "DRUMMER" NOW!

Its great this has got some really good feedback,  Im not saying that norwich city fans need anymore encouragement in the noise factor.  Far from it,  Didnt the city faithfull score 2nd in a noise test by Sky recently???? anyways im there every home match and we have by far the best home supprot of any team in the championship and maybe even some of the premiership.  We have a 26034 capacity and achieve over 24500 every home game.  the shortfall is usually because the away fans cant sell all there tickets,  i said Sell all their tickets. but it was just an idea to keep the momentum flowing in the stands.  LMAO at putting a drummer in the N&P stand cos that place is like a morgue sometimes.  as for the incident at southhampton,  i think the blackpool drummer wasnt allowed in the stadium with the drum or something im not sure.  but they are pretty sad and boring down there anyways.

[quote user="Optimisticcanary"]Its great this has got some really good feedback,  Im not saying that norwich city fans need anymore encouragement in the noise factor.  Far from it,  Didnt the city faithfull score 2nd in a noise test by Sky recently???? anyways im there every home match and we have by far the best home supprot of any team in the championship and maybe even some of the premiership.  We have a 26034 capacity and achieve over 24500 every home game.  the shortfall is usually because the away fans cant sell all there tickets,  i said Sell all their tickets. but it was just an idea to keep the momentum flowing in the stands.  LMAO at putting a drummer in the N&P stand cos that place is like a morgue sometimes.  as for the incident at southhampton,  i think the blackpool drummer wasnt allowed in the stadium with the drum or something im not sure.  but they are pretty sad and boring down there anyways.
[/quote]

I bet the drum wasnt fire proof [:p]