Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ben

Taylor Wants out

Taylor signals his intent to leave norwich at the end of his loan deal

Radio Norfolk

Its a shame, Not sure what we will do without him!

gutted if he goes - he looks a proper proactive defender who keeps attacks in his pocket.everyone agreed, if tiny''s loan spell, that the doc is not the answer for city??? nothing personal, he just doesn''t cut it for me.

I have just listened to that interview on radio norfolk and he just says that we''ll see what happens next week, at no stage does he say he is going back when his loan expires. He''s ruling nothing out and nothing in.

as listening to radio Norfolk at about 6:30 this evening, after talking about G Paddon they came out with a ''headlne'' Taylor has made it clear he plans to return to birmingham at the end of this loan spell.

Sorry Guys, Im gutted but who knows 1 more miricale for roeder to work shouldnt be 2 hard!

OTBC

Taylor has been good and it would be great to extend his loan - certainly until 1 Jan - but I did wonder at the time why we only had him until 8 December when most loans being done run to 1 January.....perhaps he never wanted to stay into the Christmas period?  I guess we''ll have to wait and see - but a good strong c/b who gets forward effectively for set pieces is still needed in the long term.

To be fair, one of the reasons he was brought in was because Doc was out injured, so maybe now that he is fit the pressure is less (remember, in all the shouting about Doc being crap, he had done little wrong this season before his injury); who knows, with GR as the boss Doc might return to his best (Spuds fans reckon before he broke his leg he was excellent for them).

[quote user="Canary Ben002"]

as listening to radio Norfolk at about 6:30 this evening, after talking about G Paddon they came out with a ''headlne'' Taylor has made it clear he plans to return to birmingham at the end of this loan spell.

Sorry Guys, Im gutted but who knows 1 more miricale for roeder to work shouldnt be 2 hard!

OTBC

[/quote]Can i just point out that you now say that you heard this on Radio Norfolk at 6.30pm.  but your original entry on this matter was at 5.50pm. CAN YOU SEE INTO THE FUTURE???? if you can,  can you tell us if we will win the league this season cos if we will i want £100 on it.  geeez.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

agreed!  i know a couple of spurs fans and Gary doherty is a bit of a cult hero down there..

jas :)

[/quote]i know a few city fans who reckon he''s just a cult down here!!!joking aside - we all know and appreciate that doc was in better form prior to his injury - but having been brought up with the likes of bruce etc.  we all know that the doc - or shacks come to that - are not the answer to our central defense.  taylor plays like a goodun - becuase he is proactive, he reads the game well and keeps attackers shackelled.  unfortunately, imo - both the doc and shacks are reactive defenders - in other words, attackers can often get the better of them by making the first move. i was hopin city would get a couple of good centre-halfs in, like taylor - preseason, with the doc let go and shacks as a bencher, but none came.   i''m not convinced by the doc, or shacks alot of the time.  seeing taylor, has only reinforced this belief.we''re in the crud - because of a ''little naarrwich'' mentality - where we cling to the hope that some gambles will come off and that players who ideally shouldn''t be playing for city are virtually first choices because of our small squad.  doing on the cheap hasn''t paid off - in fact it could lumber us with 3rd tier footy, but hopefully not if roeder has his way.roeder has shown, that until we get good players in - we won''t progress.  i don''t doubt the doc''s honesty - or his commitment to the cause - its nothing personal, i don''t know the bloke - but give me taylor anyday, simple as.   he looks like the type of player we need in the club to take us forward.  

I was at the Stoke match this weekend, It is very clear he is the weak link in a Norwich side whichever position he plays. Taylor is faster, stronger, reads the game better, and most importantly doesnt panic/make stupid errors when under pressure. His distribution is better as well, whenever the ball approached doherty at the weekend everyone knew exactly what was going to happen - either a h00f or the oppositon player beating him to the ball.

If taylors loan cant be extended, then hes a good example of the kind of person we need to bring in to fil the CB position.

[quote user="Canary Ben002"]

Taylor has made it clear he plans to return to birmingham at the end of this loan spell.

[/quote]Well of course he will..... where did you expect him to go, Torino? Its a prem club with a new manager - of course he wants to have another crack.I''m sure Roeder will make a recommendation to the board if he wants Taylor (who has a long contract at Brum I believe so will be expensive), a value will be decided and negotiations would be initiated. If Brum dont agree our valuation, thats it...... Next prospect please......

Remember who pulls the strings. It is the agent so maybe Taylor''s agent is only doing his job by making sure his gets the best deal  for him. Who can argue with that . If you remember Huckerby was in the same situation when  he moved here on a permanent move after a loan  period. Agents are only doing their job. That is what  they are paid to do  by those they represent.

[quote user="T07"][quote user="Canary Ben002"]

Taylor has made it clear he plans to return to birmingham at the end of this loan spell.

[/quote]

Well of course he will..... where did you expect him to go, Torino? Its a prem club with a new manager - of course he wants to have another crack.

I''m sure Roeder will make a recommendation to the board if he wants Taylor (who has a long contract at Brum I believe so will be expensive), a value will be decided and negotiations would be initiated. If Brum dont agree our valuation, thats it...... Next prospect please......
[/quote]

You sound just like a member of the NCFC board.

You know. Give up easy. Weak.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="T07"][quote user="Canary Ben002"]

[/quote]

Well of course he will..... where did you expect him to go, Torino? Its a prem club with a new manager - of course he wants to have another crack.

I''m sure Roeder will make a recommendation to the board if he wants Taylor (who has a long contract at Brum I believe so will be expensive), a value will be decided and negotiations would be initiated. If Brum dont agree our valuation, thats it...... Next prospect please......
[/quote]

You sound just like a member of the NCFC board.

You know. Give up easy. Weak.

Yes but they`re sooooooo nice Bly......[8-)][+o(]

OTBC

[/quote]

[quote]You know. Give up easy. Weak.[/quote]Cheap shot Bly.  It''s between Taylor and McCleish as to where his future lies, he is contracted to their club, and has expressed an interest in going back.  It could be by January that McCleish decides has no use for him, but you''ve got to give the lad a month to prove himself there before he considers his options.  It could be that we''re in the box seat for him by the end of Jan.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

agreed!  i know a couple of spurs fans and Gary doherty is a bit of a cult hero down there..

[/quote]

A lot of my mates are Yids and your right The Ginger Pele is a bit of a cult hero down at The Lane but not because he was any good.  I had to put up with weeks of abuse when we signed him because they were so happy to see him go.  Even now they still laugh at me when ever he is playing with predictions of how many own goals he''ll get this season.Crying [:''(]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]You know. Give up easy. Weak.[/quote]

Cheap shot Bly.  It''s between Taylor and McCleish as to where his future lies, he is contracted to their club, and has expressed an interest in going back.  It could be by January that McCleish decides has no use for him, but you''ve got to give the lad a month to prove himself there before he considers his options.  It could be that we''re in the box seat for him by the end of Jan.
[/quote]

And having taken timelines into account, here''s another ''cheap shot'' Blah.

Maybe Taylor would prefer to spend Christmas at home?

OTBC

nothing is done on the taylor matter, Roeder wants him and hes made that clear.  who knows what is going on as we debate this issue,  we could be there tonight and its announced hes staying,  or even the sheff utd game on saturday,  but i think if he does return to brum,  then we are done for,  Doherty is a useless bag of crap and a bloody liability,  i still say he cost us against stoke when he filled in for Otsemobor.  we need taylor here and we need the board to know about it.  lets make that clear from the stands tonight against  Plymouth.  3-1 i say to city. 

I think it speaks volumes that one of Bruce''s first acts was to get himself a new central defensive partnership after getting promoted, with Ridgewell/Djorou being first choice and Taylor/Jaidi being sent to the reserves. As a Brum supporting colleague admitted, Taylor''s too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the Premiership.After beating Spurs in his first game, I think it''s unlikely that McCleish will rock the boat, and their biggest problem is a lack of cutting edge upfront, their defence seems ok.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]I think it speaks volumes that one of Bruce''s first acts was to get himself a new central defensive partnership after getting promoted, with Ridgewell/Djorou being first choice and Taylor/Jaidi being sent to the reserves. As a Brum supporting colleague admitted, Taylor''s too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the Premiership.

After beating Spurs in his first game, I think it''s unlikely that McCleish will rock the boat, and their biggest problem is a lack of cutting edge upfront, their defence seems ok.
[/quote]

The similarities between Huckerby when he came to  NCFC and Taylor is so  close ,in my opinion, that I almost believe that Taylor will  become  a NCFC player on a permanent basis.   

If Taylor does leave and not return he will go with my thanks and appreciation. As a player he has been the keystone of our revival and deserves a decent send off on Saturday.

LGT I agree he looked less than happy at coming off - but I though he was poor today so I do think it is mind games by roedaer - telling him that if he thinks he is good enough for the premier league then he will have to perform much more consistently and against better players than the plymouth strikers.

Taylor will start again on sat though. 

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]anyone know why taylor was subbed tonight???  looked surprised to see his number go up!!!mind games by roeder???  they must be discussing a loan extension by now!!![/quote]BBC says he was injured

If Taylor wants out, then at least somebody at Carrow Road tonight has their brains in the right place!!!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]If Taylor does leave and not return he will go with my thanks and appreciation. As a player he has been the keystone of our revival and deserves a decent send off on Saturday.[/quote]

Agree 100%.

It would be so easy for a loan player to come in with a "dont give a ****" attitude.

He has battled, fought and scored some vital goals.

Who can blame a quality player wanting to play at the highest level.

It has worked out well for both him and us.

He was able to show Brum (or other prem clubs) what he can do.

At the same time he helped us out by injecting some quality and stability when the whole team was in freefall.

Thanks Tiny, any club would be lucky to have such a Pro.