Sign in to follow this  
taintedtom2000

City Defence

Does anybody else find it really refreshing that the defence seems to be picking itself over the last few games? Makes a really nice change from the the leaky choppy changy lot of Grants reign!!

Its been ages since we could all agree who our best 4 defenders are and have them playing in their correct positions......credit to Glen!

OTBC

Its a shame that half the defense isnt ours, Taylor, Camara.  and that these 2 make Shakells game a million times better cos he isnt covering the leaks from Doc and drury.  lets see if Roeder can secure these guys or similar to shore up the defense even tighter and let nothing through.  but please dont count out the callsy performances of Marshall in goal,  2 months player of the month, and a penalty save, and countless other saves too,  i back him for a third player of the month award and claim Novembers too.

Fortunately Roeder was able to see that the two goals on Sat were not down to Doc but shacks inability to focus for 90mins or mark properly and so dropped him last night - and his performance for the10 mins he was on was not great.

Every player needs to know that if they make a mistake they will be dropped - I would be very surprised if Cureton starts on Sat after last night and shacks will only start IF Taylor is injured. 

Fortunately we now have a manager who can see who is and is not playing well based on his own opinion and eye sight rather than personal prejudices.   He knew that the 2 goals from the weekend were due to this new vastly improved Shackell who was once again unable to concentrate at crucial times in the game.

This is a fantastic message to send out - no matter who you are if you dont perform or do the job needed you will be replaced;  Cant see Cureton starting after last nights effort for example.

Totally agree on Marshall though - his first half saves last night kept us in the game. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I would be very surprised if Cureton starts on Sat after last night and shacks will only start IF Taylor is injured. 

[/quote]

I suspect Shackell will have to start as Doherty is suspended, isn''t he?

[quote user="Canaries for Ever"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I would be very surprised if Cureton starts on Sat after last night and shacks will only start IF Taylor is injured. 

[/quote]

I suspect Shackell will have to start as Doherty is suspended, isn''t he?

[/quote]

Yes he is. So if Taylor isn''t fit, will it be Shackell and Dublin in defence?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Fortunately Roeder was able to see that the two goals on Sat were not down to Doc but shacks inability to focus for 90mins or mark properly and so dropped him last night - and his performance for the10 mins he was on was not great.

Every player needs to know that if they make a mistake they will be dropped - I would be very surprised if Cureton starts on Sat after last night and shacks will only start IF Taylor is injured. 

[/quote]

You''ve always had it in for Curo since he resigned Zipper whilst I have stood up for him. I do agree with you though that he was poor last night - seems to have lost that edge in front of goal which is what his game was all about. I think the reason Shacks was left out was more starightforward than you suggest. With Doc suspended this Saturday I think GR simply wanted to see Doc in action in his proper position knowing that he will very likely have to play him there post Taylor.

I am not a Doc hater like many fans but he does look nervous in possession and unnecessarily hoofs (even more so than Shacks!)

With Russel and Doherty suspended, Shackall and Cureton i reckon will play. It could also lead to Huckerby switched to his more natural side.

Marshall

Semmy   Taylor   Shackall  Camara

Chadwick/Croft   Fozzy   Pattison   Hucks

Cureton   Evans.

it''s a side that has adecent look about it, despite the suspensions.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

With Russel and Doherty suspended, Shackall and Cureton i reckon will play. It could also lead to Huckerby switched to his more natural side.

Marshall

Semmy   Taylor   Shackall  Camara

Chadwick/Croft   Fozzy   Pattison   Hucks

Cureton   Evans.

it''s a side that has adecent look about it, despite the suspensions.

[/quote]

Just realised, i''d forgotten Dion. Expect him to start Saturday, and probably in Curetons place.