Sign in to follow this  
HOCKEYMYHERO

AT LAST WE HAVE A REAL MANAGER ?

I may be alone in this thought but i believe we have at last found the right man for the job at our great club , I have been so impressed with the manner and speed at which he has set about getting our FANTASTIC club back were we city fans long to be . There is a terrific job still to do it will probably take a large chunk of the season to sort everything out but in only a short time GLENN ROEDER has convinced me he has what it takes , He has re-shaped things both on and off the pitch at such a rapid rate and re-installed the belief the players were so sadly lacking .  With 30 games still to play i posted that we had 90 points to fight for this was laughed at in some quarters but their is renewed hope of at least getting the amount to get us far enough up the league and then who knows [ lets give it our best shot and see were it leaves us ] but the whole club must stick together and the BOARD MUST GIVE ALL THE FINANCIAL HELP GLENN ASKS FOR he has already proved he gets players to play for him  and they seem to like his man management skills  so lets give him the full set of players he wants to give us the best chance ............COME ON CITY

I think Glen Roeder has started well enough, but what worries me is we are still the same team without the loan players. Lets see who he can sign and motivate as a team without having loans............here`s hoping.

OTBC

The guy has only had loans as an option to him thus far - and done a pretty good job it seems to me.  Now let''s see if he can achieve the same success in the run up to/including the January window.

He is a very good manager and is doing a very good job. That is why I cannot understand what all the protests are about. The remedy for the problem has been found so what exactly are they protesting about?.

They cannot protest about lack of signings in January, because we are not there yet.

They cannot protest about Glen Roeder after the way he has turned things around.

They can protest about the past but that is pointless because it cannot be changed. Spilt milk and all that.

They amaze me.

Its the board they are protesting against, and to be honest we do need a new team up top.

I''m unlikely to be at any protests but I can agree with their stance to a point. Thing is the board may have chosen a good man (or so it appears thus far) as our manager but that still isn''t enough to say "OK we forgive you for everything". A poor manager is only a small part of the problems we''ve had for the last 2-3 years.

They still need to back him with a decent transfer budget in January so he can turn loans into permanents and if necessary bring in others. If instead they decide to invest more money in car parks and hotels we will know they aren''t learning where the focus needs to be.

As we know from 1995 its not enough bringing in a good manager if you then castrate him when he wants his targets. Of course you can''t give him unlimited funds but the Dean Windass fiasco should be recalled loud and clear by this Board if they want Roeder to succeed.

GR has done a great job since the start of the two week break, but its only two results and just as we plead for a new manager to be given time to prove himself, only time will tell whether you are right; although it looks promising indeed.

In fact in a perverse kind of way if Roeder does turn out to be the Holy Grail we have been seeking it only further serves to emphasise how poor the decision was to persevere with Worthy for at least twelve months past his sell-by date and to appoint the hapless, hopeless and helpless Grant after they had finally bitten the bullet on Worthy. I know Roeder wasn''t available when we could have done with him but I don''t for one minute believe he has been the only person who could have rescued us from the misery of the last three years. What he''s done since he''s been here hasn''t been rocket science - it''s just been good football management. I know hindsight is easy but Board members are supposed to be of sufficient calibre that they have foresight as well. That''s why they run the club (or are supposed to).    

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

They still need to back him with a decent transfer budget in January so he can turn loans into permanents and if necessary bring in others. If instead they decide to invest more money in car parks and hotels we will know they aren''t learning where the focus needs to be.

As we know from 1995 its not enough bringing in a good manager if you then castrate him when he wants his targets. Of course you can''t give him unlimited funds but the Dean Windass fiasco should be recalled loud and clear by this Board if they want Roeder to succeed.

GR has done a great job since the start of the two week break, but its only two results and just as we plead for a new manager to be given time to prove himself, only time will tell whether you are right; although it looks promising indeed.

[/quote]

Well said and constructed Weed, you need to post more often as all of your posts make sense.

[quote user="shropshire canary"]The guy has only had loans as an option to him thus far - and done a pretty good job it seems to me.  Now let''s see if he can achieve the same success in the run up to/including the January window.[/quote]

He will be, Rorder is to NCFC what Huckerby was to Worthington as Taylor could be to  Roeder.  For the first time in three years I believe that NCFC can start to  move in the right direction. 

I must add to my previous post as new coach confirmed today  [ loaning 1 or 2 to hartlepool mentioned ] more signs that the man at the top knows what he is doing and yes it is still early days but hell i am impressed ......................COME ON CITY  

He is doing ok at the minute and 2 wins but we normally do well up until christmas then it normally goes downhill after that so fingers crossed

The key things for me are that he is clearly a very intelligent man who wants to play football the right way. He''s gone about the first few weeks of his new job with a calmness which is the complete opposite of the beginning of Peter Grants time in charge.

You always got the feeling that Grant was going to kick a few arses when he arrived but that sort of thing is really only ever a short terms solution, as was proved by his results. With Glenn it appears that he''s really thought about what is needed long term, which can''t be easy when you''re taking over a team at the bottom of the league. A lesser manager would have ranted and raved and bought in a few players to try and kick their way to safety, Glenn''s strategy just seems a bit more for the long term.

I just hope that firstly the board back him in January and that secondly the fans give him the time to implement his long terms strategies.

[quote user="HOCKEYMYHERO"]I must add to my previous post as new coach confirmed today  [ loaning 1 or 2 to hartlepool mentioned ] more signs that the man at the top knows what he is doing and yes it is still early days but hell i am impressed ......................COME ON CITY  [/quote]

To the fans ( a minority it has to be said) who went ballistic at GR''s appointment because ,in their eyes, he was "Mr Charisma(not)" or Roland Rat''s double - I trust that their view has changed somewhat. Two wins in this league is still nothing to get excited about but at least we have manager who appears to have the perception & intelligence to know, in a pretty short space of time, what is required at this club.If we are 4 points to the good after the next 2 games then I think the corner has been well & truly turned. Granted ,it has taken a few loans who might not be here in January to shake the mix up a bit but you still have to get the team as a whole to perform. Hopefully the performances,particularly away from home,that we''ve had to endure over the last few months are behind us .[:D]

[quote user="CID"]

in their eyes, he was Roland Rat''s double

[/quote]Why is this a bad thing?  Roland Rat was great!

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="CID"]

in their eyes, he was Roland Rat''s double

[/quote]

Why is this a bad thing?  Roland Rat was great!
[/quote]

''Cos he knew naff all about football . Now if you''re talking about Kevin the gerbil ............. he knew his football [;)] 

[quote user="Vern "]

He is a very good manager and is doing a very good job. That is why I cannot understand what all the protests are about. The remedy for the problem has been found so what exactly are they protesting about?.

They cannot protest about lack of signings in January, because we are not there yet.

They cannot protest about Glen Roeder after the way he has turned things around.

They can protest about the past but that is pointless because it cannot be changed. Spilt milk and all that.

They amaze me.

[/quote]

i have to agree with this, they want to protest against the board

I tried to get behind Roeder from the off and am pleased with the job he has done so far.

I believe Roeder respects the supporters and the Club and for me that is an unexpected delight.

I may be alone in this thought but i believe we have at last found the right man for the job at our great club , I have been so impressed with the manner and speed at which he has set about getting our FANTASTIC club back were we city fans long to be . There is a terrific job still to do it will probably take a large chunk of the season to sort everything out but in only a short time GLENN ROEDER has convinced me he has what it takes , He has re-shaped things both on and off the pitch at such a rapid rate and re-installed the belief the players were so sadly lacking .  With 30 games still to play i posted that we had 90 points to fight for this was laughed at in some quarters but their is renewed hope of at least getting the amount to get us far enough up the league and then who knows [ lets give it our best shot and see were it leaves us ] but the whole club must stick together and the BOARD MUST GIVE ALL THE FINANCIAL HELP GLENN ASKS FOR he has already proved he gets players to play for him  and they seem to like his man management skills  so lets give him the full set of players he wants to give us the best chance ............COME ON CITY

Totally agree, like many have said hopefully we can extend loan signings and keep making progress on that front! I think he also has a lot of respect from other managers, and a lot of connections in regards to signings which is very helpful! Even hearing a big name for a manager is a help, someone players from the prem etc know of and will respect and want to play for, not somebody''s assistants, penpals, grannys friends ,pet minder!!! [:P]

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

[/quote]

Going back to that season, we should remember that £1m had been spent on :

a) Robert Fleck who dried up in terms of goal power after half a season.

b) Matthew Rush

Money had been available to the manager but we didn''t get much for it!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

The key things for me are that he is clearly a very intelligent man who wants to play football the right way. He''s gone about the first few weeks of his new job with a calmness which is the complete opposite of the beginning of Peter Grants time in charge.

You always got the feeling that Grant was going to kick a few arses when he arrived but that sort of thing is really only ever a short terms solution, as was proved by his results. With Glenn it appears that he''s really thought about what is needed long term, which can''t be easy when you''re taking over a team at the bottom of the league. A lesser manager would have ranted and raved and bought in a few players to try and kick their way to safety, Glenn''s strategy just seems a bit more for the long term.

I just hope that firstly the board back him in January and that secondly the fans give him the time to implement his long terms strategies.

[/quote]

Good post.  I just hope the NCFC board has the sense to back Glenn in Jan 08 and the summer of 08.