Sign in to follow this  
Hooleyfan

Worst support in the Championship?

£6 a ticket for today''s game...You couldn''t have given seats away to Stoke today to fill the ''Brit''.

I see that Plymouth have given back a 1000 seats for Tuesday night''s game...are any of them coming then?

Where have all the supporters gone? Has footie on the box killed off the spectators outside of the Premiership?

"Your ground''s too big for you" seems to be the most popular song sung up and down the land

i don''t know anyone in plym whose coming up to carra. problem is for them its a tuesday night. and... well, not going to have many coming up. ten or twenty though ready for a ripping from our fans. hopefully.

on tuesday night, you do know norwich is long enough journey on a weekend let alone night games?

i mean i can make away games but not midweek its not simply easy to get time off for everyone

so poor crowds on night matches are expectable unless its a derby or important game

for example colchester bought up 54supporters to molineux last wednesday as yes i counted them all unless some popped under for a beverage and never appeared

as for the song, im using coventry for example with new stadium, say capactity 30k (i dont know it is or isnt that its example) and they fill 20k average, it seems silly buiding 20k stadium, as if they had good year or even went up they would fill the 30k easy. i remember reading never used to sellout but im sure they do now

Its a problem that none of the sports administrators seem to have solved in any discipline and even going back to the Colisium in Rome they had to give free entrance to watch the "games" as they were called.

I personally think that Delia is on the right track by trying to make CR a place to go for a complete day out but the Board need to go further than just providing "nice" places to eat. As Morrisons and the Riverside is always packed with people and is only a few hundred yards away you can work out for yourself  the opportunities that are being missed.

Speciality shops, offices, other sports disciplines, theatres, markets, pubs, etc. could all be packed into our stadium and transport facilities buses, trains need improvement too. I understand that there is some thought going into the subject of the "disappearing" away fans by the authorites but I doubt they will come up with the right answer as they are unlikely to show enough imagination. Such is the case with most committees.

Here''s a thought why not have a set price for an away ticket in each of the leauges which clubs cannot deviate from, the prices would be set deliberatly lower e.g £13/14 for the Championship to encourage more away supporters.

I''m sure there are plenty of  reasons why an idea like this wouldn''t get off the ground, for example football clubs are business and this might constitue price fixing or some clubs might argue that there football is better and that a higher price is only right and the same goes with facilities.

Bobert, I suspect the reason a lot of people go to Morrisons is simply it''s open before the club opens it''s gates (is it still 1.30pm)? and they offer better food at better prices. As for the bars and pubs, much better choice, atmosphere and beer.

The club have gone for the more upmarket supporter in their targets, the Top of the Terrace, 101 club etc. We can''t all afford those sort of prices, nor do we necessarily want to comply with the dress code. The club seem to be fighting back with Yellows, which is a start. I have seen away fans in there, but how many of them know about it, are any flyers or promotional materials sent out to the opposing club along with the tickets for their supporters?

Of course the distance and the poor roads are the main reason for fans giving our fixture a miss. Our position in the table also must be taken into account. If you were a Plymouth fan, how excited would you be about the prospect of such a long journey?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Bobert, I suspect the reason a lot of people go to Morrisons is simply it''s open before the club opens it''s gates (is it still 1.30pm)? and they offer better food at better prices. As for the bars and pubs, much better choice, atmosphere and beer.

The club have gone for the more upmarket supporter in their targets, the Top of the Terrace, 101 club etc. We can''t all afford those sort of prices, nor do we necessarily want to comply with the dress code. The club seem to be fighting back with Yellows, which is a start. I have seen away fans in there, but how many of them know about it, are any flyers or promotional materials sent out to the opposing club along with the tickets for their supporters?

Of course the distance and the poor roads are the main reason for fans giving our fixture a miss. Our position in the table also must be taken into account. If you were a Plymouth fan, how excited would you be about the prospect of such a long journey?[/quote]yep gazza - i tend to dine on morrisons famous fish and chips prematch.  unlike the grub in the ground, its cheaper and surprisingly good.   i don''t know for sure, but i''d also guess the match pies are stuffed full with MSG - cos they repeat badly.  also those hot dogs!!!! nuff said. 

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]Bobert, I suspect the reason a lot of people go to Morrisons is simply it''s open before the club opens it''s gates (is it still 1.30pm)? and they offer better food at better prices. As for the bars and pubs, much better choice, atmosphere and beer. The club have gone for the more upmarket supporter in their targets, the Top of the Terrace, 101 club etc. We can''t all afford those sort of prices, nor do we necessarily want to comply with the dress code. The club seem to be fighting back with Yellows, which is a start. I have seen away fans in there, but how many of them know about it, are any flyers or promotional materials sent out to the opposing club along with the tickets for their supporters? Of course the distance and the poor roads are the main reason for fans giving our fixture a miss. Our position in the table also must be taken into account. If you were a Plymouth fan, how excited would you be about the prospect of such a long journey?[/quote]

yep gazza - i tend to dine on morrisons famous fish and chips prematch.  unlike the grub in the ground, its cheaper and surprisingly good.   i don''t know for sure, but i''d also guess the match pies are stuffed full with MSG - cos they repeat badly.  also those hot dogs!!!! nuff said. 

[/quote]

But I''m sure its not the worst ...shortcrust in the Championship

MSG or not, a steak and kidney pie is part of my prematch ritual at Carra...you sure its not the beer or number of pies you eat LGT?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Bobert, I suspect the reason a lot of people go to Morrisons is simply it''s open before the club opens it''s gates (is it still 1.30pm)? and they offer better food at better prices. [/quote]

Lady Gazza - I think the lounge in the Lower Barclay now opens at 12.30 for Saturday games but that still doesn''t make the food any cheaper (or better!!!).  At least its not as smokey as an opium den any longer!

Thanks for the info M''Lord, but still not tempted, I do notice though that the hotel is getting some good trade in its bars before a matchday. No, everyone seems to head for Morrisons it seems!

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]Bobert, I suspect the reason a lot of people go to Morrisons is simply it''s open before the club opens it''s gates (is it still 1.30pm)? and they offer better food at better prices. As for the bars and pubs, much better choice, atmosphere and beer. The club have gone for the more upmarket supporter in their targets, the Top of the Terrace, 101 club etc. We can''t all afford those sort of prices, nor do we necessarily want to comply with the dress code. The club seem to be fighting back with Yellows, which is a start. I have seen away fans in there, but how many of them know about it, are any flyers or promotional materials sent out to the opposing club along with the tickets for their supporters? Of course the distance and the poor roads are the main reason for fans giving our fixture a miss. Our position in the table also must be taken into account. If you were a Plymouth fan, how excited would you be about the prospect of such a long journey?[/quote]yep gazza - i tend to dine on morrisons famous fish and chips prematch.  unlike the grub in the ground, its cheaper and surprisingly good.   i don''t know for sure, but i''d also guess the match pies are stuffed full with MSG - cos they repeat badly.  also those hot dogs!!!! nuff said. 

[/quote]

But I''m sure its not the worst ...shortcrust in the Championship

MSG or not, a steak and kidney pie is part of my prematch ritual at Carra...you sure its not the beer or number of pies you eat LGT?

[/quote]lets put it this way hooley - unlike some of the other posters on here - i don''t do the half time entertainment, munching on a ryvita with a thermos of soup while some kid trys to slaughter the cross bar  - i prefer the throng of the lower barclay bar, although dislike the hideous queues!!!

[quote user="Steve H"]

Here''s a thought why not have a set price for an away ticket in each of the leauges which clubs cannot deviate from, the prices would be set deliberatly lower e.g £13/14 for the Championship to encourage more away supporters.

I''m sure there are plenty of  reasons why an idea like this wouldn''t get off the ground, for example football clubs are business and this might constitue price fixing or some clubs might argue that there football is better and that a higher price is only right and the same goes with facilities.

[/quote]

great idea, i know wba fans complaining saying they had to pay 30quid for palace away last week, now to me, palace arent a side who came down last year, there not in promotion push, they dont even have a decent stadium so why blinking hell we all have to pay 30quid for that dump??

i would still moan if was charlton or saints etc... but palace no way

when i went wba n paid 20quid for local derby now that was half decent

having picked up a stoke sentinal.....fans of stoke had to buy 4 newspapers ans collect the right vouchers to get a 6quid ticket....and yh, 325miles on a tuesday night, u ******* travel that and then call others unloyal, i feel sorry for argyle fans, thwey travel as much as we do..

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="Steve H"]

[/quote]

great idea, i know wba fans complaining saying they had to pay 30quid for palace away last week, now to me, palace arent a side who came down last year, there not in promotion push, they dont even have a decent stadium so why blinking hell we all have to pay 30quid for that dump??

[/quote]Exactly right welovewba. I wasn''t happy when I paid £18 to go to QPR and sit in a seat not big enough for me. The poor guy next to me was 6 ft 7 and he has to bascially use two rows to be able to sit properly. And we lost 3-0, after that I haven''t been to no more away games. Nobody will pay £20 to travel 200+ miles to palace to sit (or stand) in a rubbish stand that''s falling down. Norwich is argubably one to the best grounds to go to. You get the seats in the newest stand and some of the nicer views. Oh well..

[quote user="we8wba"]i know wba fans complaining saying they had to pay 30quid for palace away last week, now to me, palace arent a side who came down last year, there not in promotion push, they dont even have a decent stadium so why blinking hell we all have to pay 30quid for that dump??[/quote]We are charging £27 to Charlton fans on boxing day apparently. The addicks on the forum I help run are not best pleased especially seeing as we''re bottom currently. I told them it''s a grade A game and if they don''t wanna come, fine by me! Although it seems odd since I remember an article on here a few weeks back about the club doing its bit to arrest the slump in away attendances...

[quote user="Alex"]

Smudger.

[/quote]

All our thickos that sit theri clapping like seals at a team full of dross rooted to the foot of the table???

All our thickos that sit theri clapping like seals at a team full of dross rooted to the foot of the table???

It''s called supporting your team - NOT sitting in the pub ignoring your own protest.

NO CREDIBILITY

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="we8wba"][quote user="Steve H"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly right welovewba. I wasn''t happy when I paid £18 to go to QPR and sit in a seat not big enough for me. The poor guy next to me was 6 ft 7 and he has to bascially use two rows to be able to sit properly. And we lost 3-0, after that I haven''t been to no more away games. Nobody will pay £20 to travel 200+ miles to palace to sit (or stand) in a rubbish stand that''s falling down. Norwich is argubably one to the best grounds to go to. You get the seats in the newest stand and some of the nicer views. Oh well..
[/quote]

oh no i just bought tickets to qpr, n me n me dad being 6ft  2 odd, n not the slimmiest doesnt sound fun lol, i mean im sure you had pay 27 to ours, which is rubbish, just like how we have to pay 27 for yours

prices should be 20quid max 

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Alex"]

Smudger.

[/quote]

[/quote]

What about all the ''epsilon semi morons'' who sit drunk in the Murderers on a saturday afternoon wallowing in the unbelievably egotistical belief that they are better supporters than those who are actually taking an interest in the team rather than how much of a ''hero/martyr'' they can build them selves up to be before wussing out of leaving the pub with some unbelievably feeble excuse?

They''re great aren''t they? [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Alex"]

Smudger.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Noticed the time of your post Smudger - obviously not even at the Murderers or protesting outside Carrow Road.  Stuck at home in your own little world typing to no one in particular.