Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Emoticons and smilies......

Ok this has nothing to do with football..........

But...........
After some time on the pinkun forums and search the web looking at others forums i have had one question in my head "Should we get emoticons and smilies for the pinkun" (and maybe avaters)

I just thought it might brighten up the site and make younger people interested in the site.

Im thinking it would be a good idea!

Seeing as most boards and forums have them i decided to get the pinkun involved! It makes the board look much more interesting and exciting (and yes you can play for hours on end with this winking smilie.........)

So heres to a petition to get Emoticons and smilies (and maybe avaters) on the pinkun!
Put your name below

also you could put any ideas for avaters or emoticons below! i got some ideas for emoticons
like a norwich scarf or a "on the ball city" one to put at the bottom rather than writing "otbc"

So sign below!
AJ

Don''t do a list of names! But suggestions for what you''d like are welcome. We were holding out for the new server before we started encouraging graphics, but a few things have been rejigged which has practically stopped the timeouts (that''s what I''ve found anyway).

I was thinking [ncfc] to insert the badge, [smile] for the standard smiley, [wink], [frown],[huckerby] for a Huckerby picture, etc. I''m planning on keeping them small. Our web artist Tracey has just popped out of the office to give birth, so don''t expect anything too fancy.

Avatars: Hopefully... but don''t hold your breath.

OK, fire away with suggestions - also the short codes you''d like to use.

i seem to remember a similiar thread before, and yes, smilies etc would be nice, but more importantly so would speeding up this site, i know sometimes we are on here and the messages go on instantly, but compared to other football sites it is still slow and even with broadband i have still had a couple of times when i cannot get on the site at all, though have to say broadband is heaven!!

i am sure we could all acquire a photo etc from somewhere on the archant site, there are enough wallpapers to use, and great they are too

please, and this is a desperate plea - don''t try to make it too like the others, some of the norwich sites are just awful, full of people just having a go at others for the sake of it (without the humour too) so i guess we don''t have much to complain about

also, would it be possible to have private messaging, so we could leave phone numbers, etc without broadcasting personal identities to the whole board, these do work well elsewhere and are only accessible to that one person

I scribbed down some text for personal messaging pages this week - although I don''t know if we''ll get them. There is a system the EDP24 Business site we may be able to use, but its not directly tied in with forums and I''d rather wait for something which is.