Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Saturday is MASSIVE!

People do need to stop being quite so melodramatic about things - there are 25 games still to go and absolutely nothing will be decided by the round of games coming up on Saturday, other than to influence the mid-season positions which win you nothing.  That said, it is fantastic - given where we were only 4 games ago - that a win for us is likely to be enough to drag us out of the bottom three for the first time in months....once there, we need to be sure to carry it on and not let ourselves be in a position where being back there is nothing more than a remote issue come March/April/May.

25 games to go! and u dont think the next 3 matter?? well i think them 9 points do, and when ur playing bottom of the table clubs those games are worth 6 points so I hardly think its being melodramatic!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

People do need to stop being quite so melodramatic about things - there are 25 games still to go and absolutely nothing will be decided by the round of games coming up on Saturday, other than to influence the mid-season positions which win you nothing.  That said, it is fantastic - given where we were only 4 games ago - that a win for us is likely to be enough to drag us out of the bottom three for the first time in months....once there, we need to be sure to carry it on and not let ourselves be in a position where being back there is nothing more than a remote issue come March/April/May.

[/quote]

We were out of the bottom 3 at half time against Stoke!

OTBC

I dont get why people are worried about the results of the other teams near the bottom, it means nothing.

Everybody plays everyone else. We will still need 50 points (plus or minus a few points) to avoid relegation.

(last 2 years 43 points would have been enough for safety)

If we keep winning and picking up points it doesnt matter who does what.

We have 26 games remaining.

We proabaly only need 9 wins and 6 draws at most to be safe.

Quite right - It is only the position on May 4th that matters and with the way that this season now needs to be spent rebuilding and consolidating I would take 20th (with the Scum on 21st) - we should concentrate on the need to get 32 points from those 25 games and ignore what anyone else does until we get there - lets play with our own fate in our own hands rather than rely on others - it never works for us.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Preston v Blackpool

Cardiff v Colchester

Scunthorpe v QPR

We really cant afford to lose! If we do tonights result will mean nowt.  Hopefully another sell out and a bit more vocal support! Come on city!

[/quote]

With those fixtures, we are guaranteed to climb one more place up the table, provided we win on Saturday.

Important yes, massive? not sure at this stage of the season.  It would be a stinker to allow the improvements of the last four games to be undone by losing this game, but a lot of what happens will come down to which Sheffield United turn up on the day.  They are very inconsistent, but had put some better results together until coming unstuck to Stoke in midweek.

I have a feeling we will need to be on our guard on Saturday, and also have to play better than against Plymouth if we want all three points.

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

I have the opinion that we never lose to United at home- or at least, Ive never seen it.

[/quote]

They beat us 3-2 in 2002-03. We''ve won both games since then though, and we won the previous three before that.

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

We can still get 96 points [:D]

[/quote]

hahahahahahhaha

lol

Three objectives for the rest of the season:

1. Get off the bottom of the table              Done

2. Get out of the bottom three                  Work in progress

3, Finish higher in the table than Ipswich      ToDo

i think that it''s too early in the season to focus on anyone but ourselves we just need to focus on picking up as many points as possible, if the teams around us drop points it''s a plus but i''d worry more about other teams in march rather than december with half a season still ahead.

i think we need to build the momentum of a cup run and when we get beaten make sure we get back to winning ways as soon as possible.

Mark my words Sheffield United will be no mugs,they will be smarting from their 3-0 thumping by the in form team of the moment,stoke at the weekend.

So massive game,yes. Must win,probally not,but lets get out there and give them a game.