Sign in to follow this  
newyorkcanary

Re: Protest - remove smudger from these forums

Agreed that by banning him defeats the purpose of a message board.  Unless he truly incites riot and promotes violence or cruelty, then Smudger is just part of the community.  Perhaps the crazy uncle that you don''t want anyone to know about type of community member, but banning him for being a moron would reflect poorly on Norwich as a community.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Agreed that by banning him defeats the purpose of a message board.  Unless he truly incites riot and promotes violence or cruelty, then Smudger is just part of the community.  Perhaps the crazy uncle that you don''t want anyone to know about type of community member, but banning him for being a moron would reflect poorly on Norwich as a community.[/quote]

He should be banned for his own safety, in the last few days he has insulted FMs by calling them;

"Spineless fools"

"Mindless morons"

"Cheeseball"

"Cheesey"

"Yank fool"

"Sheep"

OK, not quite the worst case of swearing ever but insults no less, in any other Forum he would be removed for this reason alone.He is antagonizing a certain "class" of people, he should really learn to be quiet.....

He would reply to this thread - however, he is still eating humble pie.....although he did get a sick note to excuse himself from saturday as he is otherwise engaged (this is the only time Smudger could ever be engaged)!!

[quote user="shyster"]

Nay - the banning of Smudger would be way too harsh - it would also be an act of condemnation of free speech.

Our continuing rise up the table to eventual safety from relegation and next seasons push for promotion will be enough to tone down Smudger''s content.

[/quote]

I didn''t agree with Smudger''s pre match protest idea BUT I do agree with Freedom of Speech and there is no way I would agree with  the banning of Smudger. Shame on people who suggest it.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Agreed that by banning him defeats the purpose of a message board.  Unless he truly incites riot and promotes violence or cruelty, then Smudger is just part of the community.  Perhaps the crazy uncle that you don''t want anyone to know about type of community member, but banning him for being a moron would reflect poorly on Norwich as a community.[/quote]

Agreed NY, if people that are stupid / inbred enough to support Ipswich are allowed on here, then Smudger should also be tolerated.  Eventually everyone will tire of his constant whining and he''ll either tone himself down to become more tolerant / tolerable, or he''ll be ignored altogether.

You lot do make me LARF!......Let''s reincarnate the late and great campaigning Mary Whitehouse, who was adamant and insistent, that the on/off and channel changing buttons on one''s TV; were insufficient in stopping the unfortunate public from being exposed to debauchery, scenes of a sexual nature, foul and abusive language - and anything else that didn''t agree with her personal opinion''s or her perception of family values and the way that folk should live and lead their lives.....

It''s only Smudger sayin'' his stuff........and it''s only a bleedin'' message board. But some folk think it''s going to bring on Armageddon or the fall of the Carra Empire......

He throws out the line with a scraggy maggot........and attracts the shoals of susceptibles....

I LUVS IT![:D]   

Why would you want to ban him? He keeps me amused. It''s a message board and if his post past the moderators, then that''s good enough for me.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

You lot do make me LARF!......Let''s reincarnate the late and great campaigning Mary Whitehouse, who was adamant and insistent, that the on/off and channel changing buttons on one''s TV; were insufficient in stopping the unfortunate public from being exposed to debauchery, scenes of a sexual nature, foul and abusive language - and anything else that didn''t agree with her personal opinion''s or her perception of family values and the way that folk should live and lead their lives.....

It''s only Smudger sayin'' his stuff........and it''s only a bleedin'' message board. But some folk think it''s going to bring on Armageddon or the fall of the Carra Empire......

He throws out the line with a scraggy maggot........and attracts the shoals of susceptibles....

[/quote]Spot on Mello, could not agree more.Smudger loves getting under peoples skin and irritating them, every time he posts it is to provoke reactions and attention, and everytime at least one idiot will fall for it hook, line and sinker. Just switch off your mind to him and move on, why should you care what he thinks?

i like to read his posts, they cause up conversations. i mean if every agreed on same topic day after day what would be the point of the board, its obv every person will have different views and its only fair if joe bloggs down the road gets a say then the next one can have his say.

if you dont like his posts, dont respond just ignore them n he''ll soon get bored if he is trying to wind you up

I find reading the message boards very funny and Smudger is a big part of that.  Yes he usually speaks absolute nonsense but I can''t understand why people get so annoyed by it.  If you don''t like what he has to say just ignore it because everytime you reply to one of his posts you are doing exactly what he wants

''Hook line and sinker'' not really, all about the reaction i was seeing where people stand... it''s all about expression as many of you have stated on these forums. And my views could have been said in most threads, but wanted to see how other people feel. It''s amusing most of you are stating hes not worth the effort but still post on the subject.

[quote user="Optimisticcanary"]why do people insist on bowing down to smudger in the first place,  you all fall into his pathetic web of sadness. dont reply to his posts and dont go on his threads,  when you see his name stay away. simple.
[/quote]

Best idea yet and surely applies to anyone who causes irritation.........just don''t respond.  They will soon give up as I am sure there is more than one person who posts with the sole intention to antagonise and create unpleasantness among the true fans. 

Nooo, you can''t ban Smudglet.  Reading his comedy of errors is one of my few remaining guilty pleasures!

As mentioned before, if his messages are good enough for the mods, they are good enough for me.  Although I suspect his greatest comedy moments will be forever confined to the "not suitable for printing" category, shared discretely between the archant mods...

[quote user="25overpar"]

[quote user="Optimisticcanary"]why do people insist on bowing down to smudger in the first place,  you all fall into his pathetic web of sadness. dont reply to his posts and dont go on his threads,  when you see his name stay away. simple.
[/quote]

Best idea yet and surely applies to anyone who causes irritation.........just don''t respond.  They will soon give up as I am sure there is more than one person who posts with the sole intention to antagonise and create unpleasantness among the true fans. 

[/quote]

Agree with that - there''s no way of preventing muppets from posting their one-track drivel on here .You either ignore their posts until they get bored(unlikely in some cases,I''ll admit) or you feed their pathetic egos by constantly getting wound up & replying .I''m grateful to be able to see their avatars at a glance so that I can scroll down immediately to the next sensible reply . You have to admire the stamina of someone who can peddle a lost cause for so long - obviously got waaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands or no friggin'' life  [;)]

No from me, Smudger has as much a right to express his views as anyone else.  If he gets personal or abusive the moderators can do their bit, but otherwise let him say what he thinks and we can then choose as individuals to either ignore him or enter into debate.  The fact that the latter is difficult with him because he tends to avoid the question is not really the point.

This board needs its characters so leave him be.

Arthur Whittle wrote

Get him off here, hes a rude arrogant attention seeking prat! And thats being nice.

And to think the other day he said what a lovely bloke you are. [:D]

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

Arthur Whittle wrote

Get him off here, hes a rude arrogant attention seeking prat! And thats being nice.

And to think the other day he said what a lovely bloke you are. [:D]

[/quote]

To think i agree with some of his points! But my main problem is he just does not know how to talk to people. No respect and should be given none in return.

nobody wants Smudger gone because his opinions differ from ours, it''s simply the fact he''s bang out of order when he insults anyone and everyone who''s disagrees with him

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Get him off here, hes a rude arrogant attention seeking prat! And thats being nice.[/quote]

I''ve got a feeling you think his style is not helping the cause then Arthur!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]mello yello swallows a dictionary, reads a book and recites literature and poetry.  apart from that.  well said that man.  lmfao

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Get him off here, hes a rude arrogant attention seeking prat! And thats being nice.[/quote]

I''ve got a feeling you think his style is not helping the cause then Arthur!

[/quote]

Its not that i dont agree with him its just the way he insults and abuses people that disgusts me.

It''ll be a sad day when anyone is barred for holding an opinion...perhaps this is why I don''t post on here very often these days.