Sign in to follow this  
Viva La Roeder Revolution!

Our 'debt' of gratitude!! Ur opinions please!

After seeing the financial situations of both Cardiff Coventry and Southampton I must say how lucky we are not to be in that situation at this moment in time! I know people critiscise the board and Doncaster but never once has he lied to the supporters about our financial situation and the board have also backed managers with the cash! Its also a very manageable debt according to Doncaster which for one Im very grateful! Im just thankful that we have no court case or transfer embargo on us! Also great win last night! Nice one Ched Evans!!

OTBC!

you are talking about our board are you, just wondering. Agree about the good win, though it does prove how far we have fallen when beating Plymouth makes us so happy.

Doncaster may not have lied about the clubs` financial position but it is certainly "spun". What about the "all transfer money recieved is re-invested in the team" line we have heard several times since relegation? Yet year-on-year we make massive profits in the transfer market. Do you think it might be in any way connected to decline we have seen on the pitch?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Doncaster may not have lied about the clubs` financial position but it is certainly "spun". What about the "all transfer money recieved is re-invested in the team" line we have heard several times since relegation? Yet year-on-year we make massive profits in the transfer market. Do you think it might be in any way connected to decline we have seen on the pitch?[/quote]What''s your opinion on the current situation Mr. Carrow ?  Roeder has brought in 4 players from Premiership teams, who were either bubbling under in the reserves or like Ched Evans have a massive future ahead of them.  Do you think the board will back Roeder to spend again in January ?

More than slightly Mr Carrow, no coincedence really. We can only hope that they have learnt that the only way forward is to invest in bringing in players to save us from relegation and from then on to invest further. It may have been their good fortune that they appointing Mr Roeder, but they must now help him carry out his revamp on the team by relseasing the necessary funds in January.

Exciting times ahead if they make the most of this opportunity.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Doncaster may not have lied about the clubs` financial position but it is certainly "spun". What about the "all transfer money recieved is re-invested in the team" line we have heard several times since relegation? Yet year-on-year we make massive profits in the transfer market. Do you think it might be in any way connected to decline we have seen on the pitch?[/quote]

What''s your opinion on the current situation Mr. Carrow ?  Roeder has brought in 4 players from Premiership teams, who were either bubbling under in the reserves or like Ched Evans have a massive future ahead of them.  Do you think the board will back Roeder to spend again in January ?
[/quote]

I`ve been very impressed by Roeder and his signings Blah. Having said that i tend to be cautious as i remember posting positive things about Grant and his signings....[:S] But i think that if one word differentiates the two it would be "respect" and i would agree with A.Boothroyd that Roeder and City look like a good fit. We also have to look at things in the context of Roeder having a fully-fit squad to choose from and even a fit first choice eleven,bolstered by loans, don`t look like play-off material.

I suppose like alot of people i am waiting with baited breath until the January to see if the board are willing (or able) to back the revival up with a decent amount of cash. I fervently hope they do because i think the wounds would start to heal and we can all start pulling in the same direction again.

The problem is that i doubt that the long-term direction of the club will change unless the underlieing philosophy changes and the board realise that investment in infrastructure is not as sensible as it seems if it cripples the team on the pitch. It`s why i believe the pressure the board have been put under in recent times is an extremely positive thing for the club and that it should be kept up until they show us that,to borrow a tired phrase, football comes first.

i always thought you had to speculate to accumalate. and in the world of football being a big big business that it is these days,  more so than a sport. the higher in the league we finish then the more money we will reep. So Delia, sell a book,  make a show and cough up some dosh for Roeder in January,

yeah - thanks to the board for getting us relegated from the prem, underperforming in the champs since, and spending a fair chunk of this season at the bottom of the league.  thanks for the 3 points we got off the back of ched evans - despite plymouth controlling the entire match.  good on him.its gotta be a whole heap betta than that.  with more luck/shooting - plymouth could''ve embarassed us the a second time, make no mistake.

It seems like the players, the manager and the fans are all doing their part to get us out of this mess, created mainly by the ineptness of the board. We now have to wait until January to see if the board have learnt from their past mistakes and are willing to do their part.

YH