Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

What a wonderful fit we are

Norwich City and Glenn Roeder.

I wish him all the luck in the world.

Reminds me of Ken Brown and Dave Stringer in some ways. 

Santa really came early this year.

Yep.

Best wishes for a happy new year to Canary fans here, there and everywhere. We could be in for an exciting few years.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Norwich City and Glenn Roeder.

I wish him all the luck in the world.

Reminds me of Ken Brown and Dave Stringer in some ways. 

Santa really came early this year.

Yep.

Best wishes for a happy new year to Canary fans here, there and everywhere. We could be in for an exciting few years.

OTBC

Nice to see this input from you BlyBly, in keeping with the season too.

[/quote]

I''ll gladly go along with this post Bly!

I think a lot of us are beginning to realise how good this appointment could be. In fact I believe Roeder is better than all the other names bandied around after Grant and I include Bruce and Jewell in these comments.

Roeder is hugely respected within the game even at the highest level. This was brought home to me on Saturday evening at Coreley Services on the way home from Stoke. We were late because of the accident coming out of Stoke and had to wait there for a replacement bus to bring us home. Anyway, there were a couple of guys there in Arsenal tracksuits one of which we recognised as Vic Akers. He noticed we were Norwich fans and showed an interest in our game and how we played which I found quite surprising until I realised his interest stemmed from the fact Glen Roeder is now our manager. He told me that in his opinion Roeder would get us out of the relegation fight and do it by getting the ball down and playing football.

I am hoping that Glen Roeder is really the right man for our club and more importantly that we are the right club for Glen Roeder! [Y]

That''s encouraging to read Nutty. Backs up all the stuff I have heard from former Hammers and Newcastle fans (the sensible ones) who also verify the passing stuff. We already know that Arsene Wenger holds him in high regard and will be sending some of their academy players our way on loan.

I take great comfort in Vic Akers'' opinion. We have struck lucky alright and I will be the first to admit the board have appointed a great manager. We don''t know what swung it in the interviews but I for one am really pleased with their choice. (I didn''t think I would ever be saying this). Sure it''s Christmas and I am feeling mellow.

I am pretty sure Glenn Roeder is the right man for our club and we had all make pretty sure he believes long term we are right for him. A man to rebuild us and take us back to our former glories playing passing football. I will take that as a long term Christmas present!

All we need now is some money in January. Fingers crossed.

Absolutely agree Bly. An intelligent and thoughtful man who seems to understand the way football should be played.

Arsene Wenger thinks highly of him too by all accounts, maybe we''ll be getting a couple of Arsenal kids on loan in the new year?

There''s been so much division and vitriol on this board in recent months that a bit of a love-in seems acceptable to me.

I couldn''t agree more with Bly3 - GR+NCFC does seem a perfect fit. Adie Boothroyd used the same phrase about Roeder in the build-up to the Watford game, incidently.

Calm and dignified, Roeder seems to be a man who knows that the phrase "keep it low" is part of the club''s traditions as well as part of its anthem.

I just desperately hope that we stay up, because I do believe that he could build a really good side here.

I think we probably now have one of the best maanagers in the division, and I feel bad because I thought this appointment was a bit naff at first....

Bly, I have to agree, I thought that the appointment was a bit of a cop out at the start, I thought that we could have maybe got a better manager, after a wee while, I was a bit more happy and now I have to say, it looks good, he is going to be a very important person for us, he does have a good rep in the game he has good contacts in the game and will have the know how to looka fter our sick club. Yes its early days, we could be in real doo doo come February but for now, although still in the bottom 3, I getting happer with each day that passes.

That makes me a sheep, but I orefer to be as wolf in sheeps clothing, by that I mean when we are really in the poo, then I will come out fighting not now as I don''t think we are.

[quote user="The Bucketman"]I think we probably now have one of the best maanagers in the division, and I feel bad because I thought this appointment was a bit naff at first....[/quote]

haha is it april fools day???

i cant believe a couple of wins and he is a saint, have you named bank holiday after him yet??

seriously the wins you got were good but v.winnable for a team of norwich standard and obv he had to win the games so yes i give him  credit but to say he is one of the best managers in the division is ludacris

dowie, mccarthy, robson, magilton, pulis, mowbray, bothroyd, pardew,

johnson, burley, holloway, jones - possibly

all the ones in 1st list have either gathered more points than you have since roeder, kept a low team up in prem, got promoted through a league, or doing well hell of a job

give your reasons on how he is proved in the top 1/3 in this league?

yes he doing good job for you, i wouldnt even call it a great job though

and do you remember he got the most talented whu team relegated???

agree that roedy cuts a kinda ken brown figure for me.  has a real human side to him that i like - in fact there''s a lot to like about him.  mind you - i liked grant, as a man - so of course, the football side has to stack up as well.  i like the look of lee clarke as well - seems no nonsense to me.  between the two of them - they seem to have enough finger on the pulse to know what will work to win games of football.  everything else is froth to a certain extent - the rub is to win, else you go.  good luck to the pair of them.  been pleased with the ''proper'' players they''ve got in so far.all the board have to do is listen, learn and cough up..OTBC

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="The Bucketman"]I think we probably now have one of the best maanagers in the division, and I feel bad because I thought this appointment was a bit naff at first....[/quote]

i cant believe a couple of wins and he is a saint, have you named bank holiday after him yet??

seriously the wins you got were good but v.winnable for a team of norwich standard and obv he had to win the games so yes i give him  credit but to say he is one of the best managers in the division is ludacris

all the ones in 1st list have either gathered more points than you have since roeder, kept a low team up in prem, got promoted through a league, or doing well hell of a job

[/quote]

It''s not April fools day, that actually comes in April, (must make allowances as you are a Wolves fan) however there is a bit of a mistake in Bucketman''s post. He is the best manager in the division, not one of the best. Boothroyd and Mowbray would be the only other two to come close. By the way, what was your opinion regarding Muscat as a player in general, and the tackle on Bellamy in particular?

ps - You actually think Robson is a good Manager?

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Illiterate drivel.

Ask Roy Keane.

OTBC

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

You are turning into Smudger there fella, do you really be wanna be even more hated than you are? You keep going on about Wetspam, yes they got relegated but he did have a few medical problems and had to sell a lot of players, has he upset you in a past life or something? You keep going on about him. Stop being a prat all your life.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote] Now come on We8 we have been very nice to you, letting you come on here and chat to us. Now you asked for this, so here goes. A couple of wins? Okay, so what more can the guy do, a win is a win is a win. What is important to us (maybe more than you as a Wolves fan) is that the nature of the football is changing. We are changing our football style and going back to what we were once renowned for (in fact were once the one of the best teams), passing football. It may not be important to you, but it is to us. So he''s not better than Dowie. Give me strength. McCarthy, please!! Robson......Pulis, don''t make me laugh. I will concede that Magilton is becoming a fine manager at Ipswich, taking a young team to the top of the league and playing good stuff too. Good for him. Mowbray, not bad. Boothroyd (I think you will find he was an ex Norwich coach, but is too route one at Watford. Pardew, give me strength. No thanks. Did I leave anyone out? Glenn Roeder at Newcastle - has ANYONE there ever been given a real shot at that job? Name me a manager who has. West Ham at the time of their relegation - the man was ill, nearly died. What consequence is a football team in those circumstances? I suppose the fact he''s worked for England and was about to work for Arsenal in the academy (before he put himself forward for the Norwich job) is entirely insignificant. He''s got a small squad, decimated by low confidence and results and a succession of poor management. In just over a month he''s turned it round probably quicker and with more style than most of us had hoped for. Added to that he''s a personable and witty man. Great football philosophy, great man management, great tactics and most important of all for our club, great contacts. Good job - yes, he''s doing it. Great job - yes, also. I would be very nervous with your manager in charge of us. With Glenn Roeder I have every confidence we will not only escape relegation but go on to create a great footballing side. Wolves - we''ll see. Good luck for the rest of the season though.

i kind of worded it wrong but ill try again

basically what has roeder proven to be considered the top manager in our league??

i mean he got a v.v.talented whu side relegated which at the time was a great shock etc.. he basically sent them down by march until trevor had to step in after glenns illness (which i say im glad he made a full recovery and able to coach again)

he did an average job at newcastle, nothing special, nothing to drastic, no worse than robson, souness etc.. but everyone says he was short of cash etc...

this is what i pulled of wikpedia(i know not best site but makes intresting reading, read beneath and tell me what he did special at any of those jobs to merit being best in our league please

im not trying to wind you guys up but actually believe its unreal that you guys believe he is the best after 3-4 out of 6-7games - which is only an average record itself, and for team like norwich that should be a minimum requirment especially with squad you got in this league

[edit] Managerial and coaching career

[edit] Gillingham

Roeder spent one season as player-manager of Gillingham, during which time he led the side to 13 wins in 51 games and saw them finish second from bottom of the Football League, escaping relegation after winning against bottom club Halifax Town in the penultimate fixture of the season.

[edit] Watford

After Steve Perryman left to join Tottenham Hotspur, Roeder was hired as the new manager of his former club Watford at the start of the 1993–94 season. In his second season with Watford he almost took the side to the play-offs, eventually finishing just two places outside them. However, he was sacked in February 1996 as the side were struggling at the bottom of the First Division. His replacement, Graham Taylor, was unable to prevent the side from being relegated.

[edit] Burnley

Roeder followed his tenure at Watford by taking a season away from the limelight, assuming a back seat role as Chris Waddle''s assistant manager at Burnley. The partnership did not prove to be successful and the pair narrowly avoided steering Burnley into the bottom tier of English football. Only a home victory over Plymouth Argyle on the last day staved off the spectre of relegation. Roeder left his role at Burnley alongside Waddle when the pair departed the club after only a single season in charge. Roeder proved to be both an unpopular and controversial figure to the Burnley fans, hitting a low point when he was reported to have said that star-player Glen Little was "not fit to lace the boots" of manager Chris Waddle. Roeder left his role at Burnley alongside Waddle when the pair departed the club after only a single season in charge.[citation needed]

[edit] England

Roeder then worked as a coach under Glenn Hoddle for the England national team, before West Ham manager Harry Redknapp offered him an opportunity in club football again in 1999.[1]

[edit] West Ham United

In the summer of 2001, Roeder was handed a chance to manage in the Premier League at West Ham United after the Hammers failed to attract Steve McClaren or Alan Curbishley after Redknapp''s departure.[2] Roeder''s appointment was opposed by some supporters, who had expected a bigger name to replace Redknapp.[3] Roeder received a £15 million transfer kitty, and guided West Ham to seventh in his first season in charge. He signed David James from Aston Villa, Tomas Repka from ACF Fiorentina for £5.5 million, and Don Hutchison from Sunderland for £5 Million.

In the 2002–03 season, West Ham struggled. Repka had serious disciplinary problems amassing ten yellow cards and one red card in thirty-two league appearances. Don Hutchison turned out to be very injury-prone on his second spell with the club, playing only ten league games that season. West Ham were bottom at Christmas and at that time no team had avoided relegation from that position. Despite the January signings of Rufus Brevett, Lee Bowyer on a short-term deal, and Les Ferdinand, Roeder was unable to halt the team''s slump. Roeder had a dispute with striker Paolo Di Canio after he substituted Di Canio in a match against West Bromwich Albion.[4] In April 2003, Roeder suffered a brain tumour and was replaced by Trevor Brooking for the final three games of the season.[5] Despite a late rally, West Ham were relegated with a record number of 42 points.

Roeder returned to work in July 2003, stating he had "unfinished business".[6] In the 2003 close season, many of West Ham''s star players, such as Di Canio, Joe Cole and Frédéric Kanouté left the club as a result of relegation. Roeder was sacked by West Ham in August 2003, following a defeat to Rotherham United.[7]

[edit] Newcastle United

After nearly two years out of the game, he returned to football in June 2005 when he was named youth-development manager of Newcastle United.[8] Graeme Souness was sacked as Newcastle manager in February 2006, following his dismissal, Roeder was appointed caretaker manager, with striker Alan Shearer as his assistant.[9] He was able to turn the Magpies'' season around, rescuing them from near the foot of the table to finish seventh in the Premier League with a place in the Intertoto Cup. Freddy Shepherd, Newcastle United''s chairman, consequently named Roeder as first in line to become full-time manager at the club, on condition that Newcastle obtain dispensation from the FA Premier League to allow Roeder to continue without the mandatory UEFA Pro Licence. Newcastle claim exceptional circumstances as Roeder was halfway to gaining the licence when he suffered his brain tumour.[10] The Premier League at first rejected Newcastle''s request on 3 May 2006, the organisation had little choice, as they are bound by UEFA rules. However, Freddy Shepherd lobbied his fellow chairmen and they voted in favour of Roeder being allowed to gain the correct licence while in the job. Roeder was named as Newcastle''s permanent manager on 16 May, signing a two year contract with the club.[11]

On June 1, 2006, Roeder appointed Kevin Bond as his assistant.[12] Roeder had worked with Bond at West Ham where Bond was a scout. Roeder believed the two of them would work well together, however Bond''s contract at the club was terminated after allegations he was prepared to take bungs for players whilst at Portsmouth.[13] On the 22 October 2006, Roeder announced that, ex-Middlesbrough player and recent care-taker manager of West Brom, Nigel Pearson would be his new assistant manager.[14]

Under Roeder, Newcastle won the 2006 Intertoto Cup by virtue of being the furthest placed team to advance from the Intertoto Cup into the UEFA Cup. This made Roeder the first manager to win a trophy for Newcastle since 1969.[15] After the 1-0 defeat to Sheffield United at home on November 4, 2006, there was a fan protest outside St. James'' Park, that was shown live on Sky channel PremPlus.[16] However, notably much of the fans'' criticism was directed at the chairman, Freddy Shepherd, and not specifically at the manager himself. Roeder''s fortune didn''t improve, as Newcastle''s league form was inconsistent, partly due to injuries, with Newcastle maintaining a mid-table position. After guiding Newcastle to just one win in ten games, Roeder was summoned to an emergency board meeting on May 6, 2007.[17] It was revealed he had resigned with immediate effect.[18][19][20][21][22] Former Bolton boss Sam Allardyce was named as his replacement on May 15, 2007.[23][24][25]

[edit] Norwich City

In October 2007, Roeder joined Championship side Norwich City, signing a contract until 2010, with Norwich bottom of the league four points adrift of safety.[26] His first game in charge was on 4 November in the East Anglian Derby against Ipswich Town, a match that ended 2–2 after Norwich had been 2–0 down at half-time. His first win came in the home game against Coventry City (24 November), which he followed up with a first away win of the season for Norwich in the 3-1 defeating of fellow strugglers Blackpool (27 November), who previously had not lost at home this season.

[edit] Managerial stats

TeamNatFromToRecord
GWLDWin %
GillinghamAugust 1, 1992July 9, 19935113221625.49
WatfordAugust 1, 1993February 20, 199613944554031.65
West Ham UnitedMay 9, 2001August 24, 20038627362331.39
Newcastle UnitedFebruary 2, 2006May 6, 20077333241645.21
Norwich CityOctober 30, 2007Present733140

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

It''s not April fools day, that actually comes in April, (must make allowances as you are a Wolves fan) however there is a bit of a mistake in Bucketman''s post. He is the best manager in the division, not one of the best. Boothroyd and Mowbray would be the only other two to come close. By the way, what was your opinion regarding Muscat as a player in general, and the tackle on Bellamy in particular?

ps - You actually think Robson is a good Manager?

[/quote]

on muscat i used to like him, he was dirty little git but always gave you effort etc.. and he was like a savage type player, hate to be angaist him, love him if you had him

on tackle it was very crude, i could see it coming a mile away, i was glad he did it if being honest i wont lie to you, because bellamy is little selfish spoilt git, and need to be bought down a peg or two

i didnt wish him long term injury i must admit

but after newcastle cup game at molineux the other year, if we ever play angiast him again then i would be very pleased if someone punched his flamin lights out in the 1st minute.

i think him n paul dickov are molineux most hated men lol! robson i dont rate as manager, he bought well in cahill, beattie etc.. he cant bring best out of that squad then obv shows he not good manager

but i have to give him credit for completing great escape at my rivals wba, who were in the dreaded 20th spot on xmas and 1st team to stay up, they even had to go away to manutd 2nd last game n have to pick up least 1pt to stand a chance of staying up, not only they give themselves a chance but they actually stayed up - i have to give credit were its due

i only said him over roeder as roeder couldnt keep talented whu up, whilst robson kept wba hard battling but no quality team up

[quote user="we8wba"]

i kind of worded it wrong but ill try again

basically what has roeder proven to be considered the top manager in our league??

i mean he got a v.v.talented whu side relegated which at the time was a great shock etc.. he basically sent them down by march until trevor had to step in after glenns illness (which i say im glad he made a full recovery and able to coach again)

he did an average job at newcastle, nothing special, nothing to drastic, no worse than robson, souness etc.. but everyone says he was short of cash etc...

this is what i pulled of wikpedia(i know not best site but makes intresting reading, read beneath and tell me what he did special at any of those jobs to merit being best in our league please

im not trying to wind you guys up but actually believe its unreal that you guys believe he is the best after 3-4 out of 6-7games - which is only an average record itself, and for team like norwich that should be a minimum requirment especially with squad you got in this league

[edit] Managerial and coaching career

[edit] Gillingham

Roeder spent one season as player-manager of Gillingham, during which time he led the side to 13 wins in 51 games and saw them finish second from bottom of the Football League, escaping relegation after winning against bottom club Halifax Town in the penultimate fixture of the season.

[edit] Watford

After Steve Perryman left to join Tottenham Hotspur, Roeder was hired as the new manager of his former club Watford at the start of the 1993–94 season. In his second season with Watford he almost took the side to the play-offs, eventually finishing just two places outside them. However, he was sacked in February 1996 as the side were struggling at the bottom of the First Division. His replacement, Graham Taylor, was unable to prevent the side from being relegated.

[edit] Burnley

Roeder followed his tenure at Watford by taking a season away from the limelight, assuming a back seat role as Chris Waddle''s assistant manager at Burnley. The partnership did not prove to be successful and the pair narrowly avoided steering Burnley into the bottom tier of English football. Only a home victory over Plymouth Argyle on the last day staved off the spectre of relegation. Roeder left his role at Burnley alongside Waddle when the pair departed the club after only a single season in charge. Roeder proved to be both an unpopular and controversial figure to the Burnley fans, hitting a low point when he was reported to have said that star-player Glen Little was "not fit to lace the boots" of manager Chris Waddle. Roeder left his role at Burnley alongside Waddle when the pair departed the club after only a single season in charge.[citation needed]

[edit] England

Roeder then worked as a coach under Glenn Hoddle for the England national team, before West Ham manager Harry Redknapp offered him an opportunity in club football again in 1999.[1]

[edit] West Ham United

In the summer of 2001, Roeder was handed a chance to manage in the Premier League at West Ham United after the Hammers failed to attract Steve McClaren or Alan Curbishley after Redknapp''s departure.[2] Roeder''s appointment was opposed by some supporters, who had expected a bigger name to replace Redknapp.[3] Roeder received a £15 million transfer kitty, and guided West Ham to seventh in his first season in charge. He signed David James from Aston Villa, Tomas Repka from ACF Fiorentina for £5.5 million, and Don Hutchison from Sunderland for £5 Million.

In the 2002–03 season, West Ham struggled. Repka had serious disciplinary problems amassing ten yellow cards and one red card in thirty-two league appearances. Don Hutchison turned out to be very injury-prone on his second spell with the club, playing only ten league games that season. West Ham were bottom at Christmas and at that time no team had avoided relegation from that position. Despite the January signings of Rufus Brevett, Lee Bowyer on a short-term deal, and Les Ferdinand, Roeder was unable to halt the team''s slump. Roeder had a dispute with striker Paolo Di Canio after he substituted Di Canio in a match against West Bromwich Albion.[4] In April 2003, Roeder suffered a brain tumour and was replaced by Trevor Brooking for the final three games of the season.[5] Despite a late rally, West Ham were relegated with a record number of 42 points.

Roeder returned to work in July 2003, stating he had "unfinished business".[6] In the 2003 close season, many of West Ham''s star players, such as Di Canio, Joe Cole and Frédéric Kanouté left the club as a result of relegation. Roeder was sacked by West Ham in August 2003, following a defeat to Rotherham United.[7]

[edit] Newcastle United

After nearly two years out of the game, he returned to football in June 2005 when he was named youth-development manager of Newcastle United.[8] Graeme Souness was sacked as Newcastle manager in February 2006, following his dismissal, Roeder was appointed caretaker manager, with striker Alan Shearer as his assistant.[9] He was able to turn the Magpies'' season around, rescuing them from near the foot of the table to finish seventh in the Premier League with a place in the Intertoto Cup. Freddy Shepherd, Newcastle United''s chairman, consequently named Roeder as first in line to become full-time manager at the club, on condition that Newcastle obtain dispensation from the FA Premier League to allow Roeder to continue without the mandatory UEFA Pro Licence. Newcastle claim exceptional circumstances as Roeder was halfway to gaining the licence when he suffered his brain tumour.[10] The Premier League at first rejected Newcastle''s request on 3 May 2006, the organisation had little choice, as they are bound by UEFA rules. However, Freddy Shepherd lobbied his fellow chairmen and they voted in favour of Roeder being allowed to gain the correct licence while in the job. Roeder was named as Newcastle''s permanent manager on 16 May, signing a two year contract with the club.[11]

On June 1, 2006, Roeder appointed Kevin Bond as his assistant.[12] Roeder had worked with Bond at West Ham where Bond was a scout. Roeder believed the two of them would work well together, however Bond''s contract at the club was terminated after allegations he was prepared to take bungs for players whilst at Portsmouth.[13] On the 22 October 2006, Roeder announced that, ex-Middlesbrough player and recent care-taker manager of West Brom, Nigel Pearson would be his new assistant manager.[14]

Under Roeder, Newcastle won the 2006 Intertoto Cup by virtue of being the furthest placed team to advance from the Intertoto Cup into the UEFA Cup. This made Roeder the first manager to win a trophy for Newcastle since 1969.[15] After the 1-0 defeat to Sheffield United at home on November 4, 2006, there was a fan protest outside St. James'' Park, that was shown live on Sky channel PremPlus.[16] However, notably much of the fans'' criticism was directed at the chairman, Freddy Shepherd, and not specifically at the manager himself. Roeder''s fortune didn''t improve, as Newcastle''s league form was inconsistent, partly due to injuries, with Newcastle maintaining a mid-table position. After guiding Newcastle to just one win in ten games, Roeder was summoned to an emergency board meeting on May 6, 2007.[17] It was revealed he had resigned with immediate effect.[18][19][20][21][22] Former Bolton boss Sam Allardyce was named as his replacement on May 15, 2007.[23][24][25]

[edit] Norwich City

In October 2007, Roeder joined Championship side Norwich City, signing a contract until 2010, with Norwich bottom of the league four points adrift of safety.[26] His first game in charge was on 4 November in the East Anglian Derby against Ipswich Town, a match that ended 2–2 after Norwich had been 2–0 down at half-time. His first win came in the home game against Coventry City (24 November), which he followed up with a first away win of the season for Norwich in the 3-1 defeating of fellow strugglers Blackpool (27 November), who previously had not lost at home this season.

[edit] Managerial stats

TeamNatFromToRecord
GWLDWin %
GillinghamAugust 1, 1992July 9, 19935113221625.49
WatfordAugust 1, 1993February 20, 199613944554031.65
West Ham UnitedMay 9, 2001August 24, 20038627362331.39
Newcastle UnitedFebruary 2, 2006May 6, 20077333241645.21
Norwich CityOctober 30, 2007Present733140

[/quote]

More pointless drivel.

We didn''t say he''s the best.

We said there''s a wonderful fit between our club and Glenn Roeder.

And we like him and what he''s doing.

OTBC

bly bly babes -

I think we probably now have one of the best maanagers in the division, and I feel bad because I thought this appointment was a bit naff at first.... - THE BUCKET MAN

April fools day, that actually comes in April, (must make allowances as you are a Wolves fan) however there is a bit of a mistake in Bucketman''s post. He is the best manager in the division, not one of the best. Boothroyd and Mowbray would be the only other two to come close. By the way, what was your opinion regarding Muscat as a player in general, and the tackle on Bellamy in particular?

ps - You actually think Robson is a good Manager? - BARCLAY_BOY

read two of your fellow fans views and read your last comment to me, then reply

i also like to state i think roeder start is promising for you guys, he seems found right club, n given plenty of time all should come good, i wasnt disputing the orignal post

im disputing norwich fans saying he is a saint, god etc.. when he been in charge 7games is it? and you won 3games, well i know your position that is good, but norwich do have at least top half team when you compare it to likes ipswich, hull, barnsley, plymouth etc.. who all up there, you have better squad

so 3games win out 7 is on par really, i would put it in catergory of average - good performance for you. i wouldnt get carried away etc.. obviosuly enthuaism is good, but to say he best manager in league well cor blimey

What is obvious about Glenn is. We like him. Regarding the stats above, they don''t mean much! If you compared each of his reigns at each club to his predecessor and the next manager then you''ll have something to talk about. I''m not going to look however my bet is he is either the best or next best Newcastle manager this century :-0 so we should be well happy he''s managing us. The other point is that each of his previous clubs were either rubbish or very political (WHU and  Newcastle) coupled with illness, unrealistic expectations and really difficult opposition then it''s no wonder he didn''t do even better. Glenn at NCFC has a relatively easy task, win some games and survive against really pony opposition - believe me, he has done and will do it easily. He has the ability, players, contacts and set-up to do it - and is so. The day he got the job I had money on us for promotion at 66/1. You can all laugh but Palace were in a worse position than us in January when they went up and with the league much closer than ever and the point spread is hardly scary - DON''t BE SURPRISED. Regardless though - we''re safe and good times will either be this or next season.

[quote user="we8wba"]

bly bly babes -

I think we probably now have one of the best maanagers in the division, and I feel bad because I thought this appointment was a bit naff at first.... - THE BUCKET MAN

April fools day, that actually comes in April, (must make allowances as you are a Wolves fan) however there is a bit of a mistake in Bucketman''s post. He is the best manager in the division, not one of the best. Boothroyd and Mowbray would be the only other two to come close. By the way, what was your opinion regarding Muscat as a player in general, and the tackle on Bellamy in particular?

ps - You actually think Robson is a good Manager? - BARCLAY_BOY

read two of your fellow fans views and read your last comment to me, then reply

i also like to state i think roeder start is promising for you guys, he seems found right club, n given plenty of time all should come good, i wasnt disputing the orignal post

im disputing norwich fans saying he is a saint, god etc.. when he been in charge 7games is it? and you won 3games, well i know your position that is good, but norwich do have at least top half team when you compare it to likes ipswich, hull, barnsley, plymouth etc.. who all up there, you have better squad

so 3games win out 7 is on par really, i would put it in catergory of average - good performance for you. i wouldnt get carried away etc.. obviosuly enthuaism is good, but to say he best manager in league well cor blimey

[/quote]

You know, you sound to me just like Peter Grant. Full of disjointed chat and misdirected energy - coupled with a penchant for getting up the wrong people''s peoples noses. I bet you wave your arms a lot when you''re conversing.

Are you by any chance one of Peter''s long lost cousins?

OTBC

Agree with your thrust we8wba,  the sainthood of roeder is as premature and inappropriate as that of delia.  But its the detail that undermines you.   The roll-call of ''better'' managers is weak to say the least, with all of them, like roeder,  having had limited real success - thats why they are all managers in the champs rather than the prem. 

Burley is the one class act in that list with proven ability at more than one club;  Boothroyd looks like the real deal and sadly Magilton looks like he could also do well in the long run.  

Beyond that it falls apart.  McCarthy sits in a group with pardew, Dowie etc who seem to have had their period of success and are unable to replciate it,  Robson for City would leave me to abandon my season ticket in protest and Pulis and Holloway are effective at a certain style that would not succeed a level up. 

All I can comment on roeder is that he is having an effect;  fingers crossed he continues that.

we8wba,

I welcome many of your posts and usually enjoy reading them but you have gone down in my estimation hugely with your support for that scum and his tackle on Bellamy. Reminded me of why we all hate your team, thanks!  

Ok We8wba i don`t post often but here are some facts for you.

Since the reduction in teams ( only 38 games instead of 42) . The 42 points West Ham went down with is a record, usually 40 is more than enough to stay up.  Previously Norwich held that record relegated with 49 points in 1985 due to cheating Evertonians, still hate them to this day.

He took West Ham from 2nd bottom when he took over, finished 7th the following season.

Took over at Newcastle when 2nd bottom and finished 6th.

On the subject of Bryan Robsons great escape, lets look at the facts - Southampton were at home to Man utd, Palace had a tricky away game at rivals Charlton, we were away at Fulham. Wba were home to Portsmouth ! Who fielded an understrength side then under the leadership of Alain Perrin, Who was sacked !!  Hardly a great manager and an overrated player.

Enjoy those facts We8wba, put them in your pipe and smoke them !!!!

So far, I''m impressed by Roeder.  Everything he has written or been quoted as saying has been a welcome dose of common sense, and I think he''s helping to heal what was a sick club.  Clark and Stephenson are good appointments too.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

we8wba, I think you have to understand that from a Norwich fans point of view GR is one of the best managers in the league because at this moment in time he is the best manager for our club and our team.  Other managers in this league are also very good but maybe not good for Norwich.  Since GR has come in he has changed the place in a short period of time and lifted the spirts of the players, fans and the whole club.  Under Grant things were so so bad that to turn things around so quickly can''t be underestimated.

I think your point is valid to a point but you could also look at it another way and say what have these managers you mentioned really achieved? With the exseption of Burley none have managered in europe and none have finished higher the Glenn in the Premership if they have even managed at the highest level and the ones that have, have also relegated teams so i don''t see your point. 

Dowie - Relegated palace and did a bad job at Charlton (although not given enough time)

McCartney - Awful manager, got the lowest ever Premership points total when relegating Sunderland 

Robson - Another bad manager, relegated middlesborough after spending millions and millions, lucky to keep wba up one season before relegating them

Migilton - Doing a good job but not tested yet, no experience and we aren''t even half way through the season

Pulis - Boring hoof ball football, it just isn''t the Norwich way

Mowbray - Very average, had the best team on paper last year and failed to get promoted

Bothroyd - Good manager (came from Norwich) but still got relegated and unactrative football

Pardew - I don''t like him but can''t argu with gettin WHU to FA cup final and 8th in the prem? Still relegated Charlton though

Burley - SCUM 

Holloway - Unproven, Unactractive football.  Funny guy not sure about great manager

Jones - I think even you know that your wrong saying he is better than GR

Ok so we are going a bit over the top about Glenn but he is a good manager and his credentials are as good as, if not better than any other manager in this league.  We haven''t had much to shout about for last couple of years so just let us enjoy this while it lasts.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!

OTBC

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]

Ok We8wba i don`t post often but here are some facts for you.

Since the reduction in teams ( only 38 games instead of 42) . The 42 points West Ham went down with is a record, usually 40 is more than enough to stay up.  Previously Norwich held that record relegated with 49 points in 1985 due to cheating Evertonians, still hate them to this day.

He took West Ham from 2nd bottom when he took over, finished 7th the following season.

Took over at Newcastle when 2nd bottom and finished 6th.

On the subject of Bryan Robsons great escape, lets look at the facts - Southampton were at home to Man utd, Palace had a tricky away game at rivals Charlton, we were away at Fulham. Wba were home to Portsmouth ! Who fielded an understrength side then under the leadership of Alain Perrin, Who was sacked !!  Hardly a great manager and an overrated player.

Enjoy those facts We8wba, put them in your pipe and smoke them !!!!

[/quote]

good post, i for one respect your post as you put your thoughts and feelings together without just moaning at me

i agree on whu, but brooking in charge for last 3games picked up 7pts vs birmingham, chelsea and mancity so that means when roeder left they had 35pts correct???

bolton picked up 5pts in last 3games of season

bolton stayed up on 44pts whu down on 42pts so if we rewind 3games the standings were

bolton 39pts       whu    35pts            with whu having considerably worse gd - basically adding an additiontal 1pt to bolton

so they needed to gain 5pts on bolton with only 9available, thats not win 5pts gain 5pts

its fair to say whu were pretty much not garunteed but pretty much relegated

whu had only won 4games since the new year in the league

As for west brom, i dont rate robson, but he is the only bloke to keep team in prem on xmas/boxing day who were bottom, credit has to be done for that surely

as for roeder on newcastle they wasnt 2nd bottom they were 15th, he took over at about march time if i recall, and newcastle have never been in a relegation battle, n im sure they would have been if they were 2nd bottom, yes he did good job at newcastle, but what did he do after?

BY WAY IM NOT DISPUTING THE FACT THAT HE ISNT GOOD MANAGER, OR NOT DOIGN GOOD JOB, I WAS JUST RESPONDING TO PEOPLE SAYING HE IS THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE

What gives you the right to say '' i was glad he did it '' you are an absolute idiot we8wba what gives you the right to be critical about NCFC on NC fans wesbite? Molineux is a dump (admittedly ive never been there but it doesnt appear to have any atmosphere) and is full of chavy idiots like you.

and how many of those have been in the premiership managing west ham and newcastle????  none of them, so i thinks its pretty ludicrous really, u say they are winnable games for norwich, but over the last 2 months we would have lost those types of games...so personally i have to disagree with u mate.  im sure most on here would back me up on that, quality manager, time for his players, and good contacts..not sayin the other managers dont have that, but no on par with the rodent.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

the guy says h THINKS Roeder is best manager in the league...

so if i said i thought it would rain tommorow we8 and it didnt would that make it a hilarious joke? the guys entitled to his opinion of Roeder.

jas :)