Sign in to follow this  
Freeza

Last nights game standard "more Prem than Championship"

"The standard of the match was more Premier League than Championship — and the crowd loved it.

Cureton somehow put the ball over the Plymouth bar from six yards out, but Huckerby, who always looked dangerous in a roving role, made the game safe for Norwich from an 87th-minute penalty."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=499757&in_page_id=1779

That''s quite a big compliment to both teams from a National reporter! Anybody who was there agree?

Must disagree with this.  The approach play from both sides was patchy, with possession too easily surrendered in the middle of the park. Too much head tennis too.  Our defence dealt well with Plymouth until the corner at the end, but tended to hoof the ball into row Z rather than look for a pass, which I suppose is fair enough when there''s a green shirt bearing down on you.  Too often we relied upon long kicks from Marshall  up the pitch, which invariably ended up with a green shirt.  When we were attacking, a number of players (Huckerby, Croft, Otsemobor) were guilty of running with their head down for the by-line when Evans or Cureton were free for a ball played square to them.  So, no, not Premiership standard,  you could argue that the pace was there at times, but not the fluidity of passing or retaining of possession. However, last nights game was a vast improvement on what has gone before.

Hilarious.

Hang on, I''ve just had a thought. That stuff the Mail prints about black lesbian asylum-seekers bringing down house prices and diluting our national identity - maybe that''s not true either.

[quote user="David Freezer"]

"The standard of the match was more Premier League than Championship — and the crowd loved it.

Cureton somehow put the ball over the Plymouth bar from six yards out, but Huckerby, who always looked dangerous in a roving role, made the game safe for Norwich from an 87th-minute penalty."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=499757&in_page_id=1779

That''s quite a big compliment to both teams from a National reporter! Anybody who was there agree?

[/quote]Sorry, but you''ve got the wrong idea if you''re looking to the national press for a view on any team outside the top half of the premiership, let alone outside of the premier league. And that applies double when talking about the Daily Mail!Local reports give you the best view as shown by the following from the pinkun report:"The early promise began to fade somewhat, with head tennis far too often the order of the evening." Most of our own people (players, manager) conceded we didn''t play great so how the match could be mistaken for a premiership encounter is beyond me. I doubt there was even anyone there from that hideous middle-england facist rag (sorry, that paper just does things to me!)

The Wail obviously just made that "match report" up off the top of their heads. Their sports reportage is rubbish, just like 99.9% of the rest of the rag. I would have said anybody just landed from Mars, would have had great difficulty distinguishing that match from non-league football at times last night.

Do you reckon there was anyone from the Mail actually there? A lot of the time National Papers just make it up - I think Darren Huckerby scored a header in one of them the other week

The paper itself said the score was two nil. Which really peed me off as I had done a Norwich 2-0 / Bristol 2-0 double which would have netted me £90. [:''(]

I think the words "Blue Square" were missed out of the final version from what I have heard.

Or as the dear old Pink Un itself put it in the report on here:

"As a spectacle it was up there with the best that Sunday league football could offer, neither side able to bring any fluidity to their play, with agricultural the best way to describe some of the passing".

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="we8wba"]should it meant of said more championship than league 1?[/quote]Other way round
[/quote]

I would say its all about the 3pts, but then im moaning about my team winning 1-0 n being cack every game

but in your situation im sure you would love the next 10games to end 2-1 to you n you be cack

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Hilarious.

Hang on, I''ve just had a thought. That stuff the Mail prints about black lesbian asylum-seekers bringing down house prices and diluting our national identity - maybe that''s not true either.

[/quote]

No, that''s true.

I should know, I work for a black lesbian asylum seekers house price focus group [;)].

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Must disagree with this.  The approach

play from both sides was patchy, with possession too easily surrendered

in the middle of the park. Too much head tennis too.  ...tended to

hoof the ball into row Z rather than look for a pass...  Too often

we relied upon long kicks... When we were attacking, a number of

players... were guilty of running with their head down for the by-line..[/quote]

I agree with Blah, not Prem standard at all... England Internationals, however.......... [:P]

[quote]

I agree with Blah, not Prem standard at all... England Internationals, however.........[/quote]Funny that, that''s what the bloke sat next to me said.  Just before he stuck his head in his hands the 15th time as the ball ballooned over the heads of the Plymouth midfield.  He was really keen on playing the ball on the floor, I mean really really keen, to the point that I thought I might need to call for medical attention.

[/quote]

Pissed[B][B][B][B]

[/quote]you wanna see prem standard football,  then watch the big 4 go head to head in 10 days time on sky sports. Man utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. Although our game is a huge improvement, it is far from prem standard. and until we can afford to pay 50k a week at least for players it never will be. theres no doubt that we will push for the prem in maybe 2-3 years time and hopefully stay there.  maybe then we can say we are premiership.  and i would love to see us do man utd 2-0 again. that was fantastic.

The Wail obviously just made that "match report" up off the top of their heads. Their sports reportage is rubbish, just like 99.9% of the rest of the rag. I would have said anybody just landed from Mars, would have had great difficulty distinguishing that match from non-league football at times last night.

Spot on - poor game great result.