Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

The Vocal Support

I appreciate that vocal support at Carrow Road has suffered somewhat since being all-seated, but ffs, I was at the match last night - we score in the first couple of minutes and...........................relative silence accept for the odd round of ''On The Ball City''

I''m in the old south stand (now wrongly called the Jarrold Stand) and the atmosphere is absolute sh**e -- I tried my utmost to get these dormant sets of families singing, but to no avail - they just looked at me with disdain as though I was some kind of nutter.

You lads in the Barclay are doing a job, but please tell me that isn''t your best? Sing some different songs other than OTBC ffs! Make ''em louder & meaner - and ffs use your imaginations!!

26,000!! There might as well be half that in the stadium for the lack of atmosphere being created. 

I normally sit in the lower Barclay but had to move to the Jarrold to get my son a ticket, I sat right up against the mesh near the Plymouth fans and all I could hear was green and white barmy army practically all night, even when the Barclay did sing I could hardly hear them from there, and trying to get the Jarrold singing is an impossibility, apart from a few chav types that were giving it large to the away fans most of them behaved like they were at the pictures. Our supporters really are a passionless bunch of muppets sometimes.

why not just have the barclay challenge the other supporters in the ground to out sing them, bit of inter stand banter.

To be fair shyster vocal support on midweek games always seems to be a bit muted than saturday afternoon games.If you were at the Coventry game the vocal support was spot on, and I think the Snakepit and Barclay were the 12th man for that game.When you get a good amount of away fans this always gets a two way banter going.OK so maybe city fans are not the most loudest around but believe me when we get going we rock Carrow Road.We could do with a bit more vocals from other certain parts of the ground though , we will be singing loud and clear in the Snakepit on saturday OTBC. 

Most of the time I''m in the Jarrold (South) Stand and I have to agree that the atmosphere is dire sometimes. Songs and chants die so quickly because so few fans join in. Even OTBC doesn''t get many people going. And then if you do anything more than shout "Wonderful goal there. Bravo chaps, bravo" you''re looked at like some kind of headcase suffering with turrets. What do these people expect fans to say or do at football matches?

I''m considering putting my name down for a season ticket in the hope of getting into the Barclay (so few tickets come up for general sale there). I take it theres a waiting list or has it cleared alittle now?

Last night was funny however. There were two blokes sitting right behind me giving the linesman hell (are you on here?) and I was laughing my balls off all game at there comments. Cheers for that, at least there are a few who help break the silence and monotony of the Jarrold Stand.

[quote user="snakepiter"]To be fair shyster vocal support on midweek games always seems to be a bit muted than saturday afternoon games.If you were at the Coventry game the vocal support was spot on, and I think the Snakepit and Barclay were the 12th man for that game.When you get a good amount of away fans this always gets a two way banter going.OK so maybe city fans are not the most loudest around but believe me when we get going we rock Carrow Road.We could do with a bit more vocals from other certain parts of the ground though , we will be singing loud and clear in the Snakepit on saturday OTBC. [/quote]

What? 12th man for the Coventry game? i was sat in the Jarrold just over from the away support and Carrow road was dead till we got the first goal all i could hear were the Coventry fans singing "one graham paddon" and "dowie give us a wave" and most of all "can you hear the norwich sing / can you tell that your at home".After the goal came a couple of rounds of OTBC and Y''army then quiet till the second goal (hardly a 12th man). Only then did carrow road seem to get going, nothing close to what i remember having not been to a home game in a couple of years.

[quote user="shyster"]

I appreciate that vocal support at Carrow Road has suffered somewhat since being all-seated, but ffs, I was at the match last night - we score in the first couple of minutes and...........................relative silence accept for the odd round of ''On The Ball City''

I''m in the old south stand (now wrongly called the Jarrold Stand) and the atmosphere is absolute sh**e -- I tried my utmost to get these dormant sets of families singing, but to no avail - they just looked at me with disdain as though I was some kind of nutter.

You lads in the Barclay are doing a job, but please tell me that isn''t your best? Sing some different songs other than OTBC ffs! Make ''em louder & meaner - and ffs use your imaginations!!

26,000!! There might as well be half that in the stadium for the lack of atmosphere being created. 

[/quote]

Maybe it was because we were out played for the next 42 minutes. Now don''t get me wrong it was a excellent battling 3 points in the end and in the second half we kept the fairly quiet but first half the goal was all we did.

Funny isn''t it, from my position in the back row of the Lower Barclay at the edge of E block we are singing most of the time, yet the rest of the ground can''t hear us. The manager can though, and the players, or are they being polite?

I was in the South Stand for a while (kids were young and it was cheaper) and on one occasion I was asked to leave by a steward for standing up and encouraging the players. I knew then it was time to go to the Barclay and damn the expense.

No, the atmosphere isn''t wall to wall sound all the game, and it''s not likely to be around the whole ground. We have many fans who go to the game and never sing, never. It''s not their nature.

I thought at first the South Stand would become louder when it first opened, people I knew moved there from the Barclay to try to encourage it, as some did for the Snakepit ten years ago. It''s not made enough difference. I don''t know why, when we score you can see the whole ground singing and waving their arms around, but for the rest of the match it''s silence. We can hear the Snakepit and the Upper Barclay, but nothing else, except a few OTBC from the South Stand nearest the away fans.

River End, I have been told there is singing in there, can you hear the Barclay? I guess not.

Paint Me Yellow - there are seats in the Barclay, you may not get one in your preferred spot, but they are for sale, what until movers day and go and find out. I was offered three different seats including my present one this year (after a six year wait for this location) and there have been a few people who have gone for one reason or another, some seats are kept for hat trick members (the ticket office have told me this). So be prepared for a queue in the summer, but you never know. There is NO waiting list now and there are STs available, they are advertising them now, but where the tickets are I don''t know. Good luck!!

i agree that the vocal supprt although is good, isnt what it could be or has been in the past.  think back to the time we won the championship. ok ok we had something to sing about.  but so what. Worthington was god and evryone loved him back then until it went wrong and so did the vocal support. I sit in the upper barclay over towards the away supprters end.  theres a group of guys up there that try and rouse a sing song or 2 but to no avail.  but when OTBC starts from the snake pit, it does filter across the barclay.  Can anyone remember the days when the Snakepit sang, Barclay give us a song, Barclay barclay give us a song, and the reply was snake pit give us a song etc etc,  the it was south stand. and back?  it was a sing out battle all match,  then every one gave the  away fans abuse. now thats vocal support.  can i also point out that there is a distinct lack of players names being sung at the games too.  it wasnt until Hucks took the pen that it started again, then cureton went off and he got a song and Dion came on.  we need more of that. heres another idea,  BRING BACK THE MEXICAN WAVES.  that was a damn good laugh.  lets lobby dave watson and gary stevens to put it over the mics to get one going with the rendition of OTBC before kick off.  and show the dirty northern b****rds what we are about,  hehehehe

I think you''ll find the longer the Coventry game went on, the more songs we were singing (E I E I E I O.....for the first time in god knows how long!!)    Lets not forget that when that game kicked off, we hadnt won since September and I think alot of fans were waiting for Norwich to get them going rather then the other way around ( which is fair considering they had been p1ss poor all season, despite good support)

Tuesday night, well aren''t all midweek games like that.  People have been at work all day, rushed around after leaving work to get home and eat and then get to the game.  I thought it was a typical midweek atmosphere. Plus I think the crowd would have sung more if Plymouth fans had been more vocal, cant beat some good banter with the away fans.

I had a touch of man flu on tuesday so didnt join in as much as normal. 

I do think that Saturdays atmosphere will be v.good.  Sheff Utd will bring a decent lot and we can all sing ''Theres only one Carlos Tevez, One Carlos Tevez''. 

Canary Nut wrote the following post at 06/12/2007 2:33 PM:

Sing up the N&P (River) End!

Is anybody awake in the G.W. (City) stand.

Is anybody ALIVE in the G.W. ?

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

[/quote]

The G.W. (City) stand is also known as the Morgue stand.

Come on Delia, its about time you gave the occupants of the Morgue stand, a Lets be havin ya!

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

[/quote]I think I saw something move in there the other night but I couldn''t be sure.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

Is anybody awake in the G.W. (City) stand? 

[/quote]

I''m awake........till the footy starts.[|-)]

I assume that those who don''t reside in the ''ZZzzity Stand'' on match-days, are actually aware of the regulations concerning locality to the ''Queen Bee'' and her entourage of followers. Nobody! (I repeat) Nobody! In her glowing proximity is allowed to sing; due to the heavily enforced football supporting ''Caste'' system in and around the Regal Directorship Box. 

When Delia is in Royal residence, we are only allowed to hear her vocal screeching and rendition of, "On the Ball City" Therefore, any subservient or great unwashed ''oik'' who audaciously dare sing over the ''City Savoury'' whilst she is holding court - and exercising her  vocal chords.....Is immediately singled out by "Darth Donkster''s" ''Eventguard'' foot-soldiers and evicted from the stadium........allegedly.

Hope that helps.......and explains the silence.[:#]

"NOBODY OUTSHINGS THE BESHTEST $HITTY SHUPPORTER!".....from Stowmarket.[:|]

Mello, we can all unite here and appoint you as the lucky person to go and tell Delia to warm up the occupants of the City Stand up and give us some noise!!

We all know you are there for the biscuits (and obviously to be close to Delia)....now there is an added bonus.

We will "deal" with Mr Donc in the Barclay.....game on!