Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

Half time entertainment at home games?

[quote user="Optimisticcanary"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="djc"]

How about a half-time "whip the fattest pie-eating supporters with a rolled up wet towel" competition....? 

[/quote]

I wonder who taught you that idea was a funny?  It''s not.

Moreover I wonder what your attitude is to boozers, druggies etc.

[/quote]

CanaryNut

Here you are once again putting a damper on a bit of fun and a friendly discussion on a subject.  The guy was just having a laugh, thats all it was and if it offends you then just dont read it. please,  can you add something constructive to my threads,  thats all i ask and keep the friendly banter going.
[/quote]

Shame on you Optimistic Canary for thinking  its funny because its posted on a bb, some people think bullying is acceptable and a good laugh when it actually occurs, it is not, hence my reaction to even if its just a suggestion on a bb.  

As for who started the thread, I hadn''t noticed until you mentioned it Optimistic Canary. My response to any thread is driven by the words within a post and not who started the thread. Who started a thread is irrelavnt, so you can get off your high horse Optimistic Canary.

IMO, they should get the sub goalie out there and have people take penalties against him. It would at least give them some penalty saving experience ;)Anything better than the dross currently suplied.

Yet another poor half time display.  2 guys trying to stick a ball through a hole barely big enough.  and OMG one of them did it. lmao.  even the guys with the Mic''s Dave Watson and Gary Stevens had nothing to say apart from the safety messages. and a few dedications. it sucks,  we need something and soon. cos its gonns get bloody cold in the barclay and we want entertainment other than the footy. hehe

Why not have naked mud wrestling (ladies that is) in the centre circle. I would renew my season ticket even if we are relegated!

[quote user="stozza"]

Why not have naked mud wrestling (ladies that is) in the centre circle. I would renew my season ticket even if we are relegated!

[/quote]I feel sure ricky knight would be able to arrange this but not to be seen as sexist I think you would have to have both men and women performing.

I don''t think seeing a nude ricky covered in mud would encourage season ticket sales though.

I mean, he don''t look too sharp in that leotard.    [:D]

Agree 100% optimistic, the whole kicking the ball through the hole thing is rubbish. I cant even see whats happening from where I sit in the snake pit. Whoever thought this up ought to be hung from the cross bar and shots taken at him from the penalty spot, would provide much better entertainment, particularly if it happened to be Mr. Doomcasters idea.  

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

Agree 100% optimistic, the whole kicking the ball through the hole thing is rubbish. I cant even see whats happening from where I sit in the snake pit. Whoever thought this up ought to be hung from the cross bar and shots taken at him from the penalty spot, would provide much better entertainment, particularly if it happened to be Mr. Doomcasters idea.  

[/quote]

Actually, even if it isn''t his idea, let''s do it anyway. It''ll be great fun.

I think we should have Wiz hexing our opponents for the forthcoming week at half time in the centre circle. What do you say Wiz? Could the groundstaff replicate Lowestoft woods for the spells to work?

Sod the half time entertainment. I hear there was a good scuffle between a Plymouth director and a City fan during the first half on Tuesday.

Apparently the Plymouth director was slating City saying they were the worst side he had ever seen and that we are dirty.

After half time the Plymouth director apologised unreservedly.

[quote user="Vern "]

Sod the half time entertainment. I hear there was a good scuffle between a Plymouth director and a City fan during the first half on Tuesday.

Apparently the Plymouth director was slating City saying they were the worst side he had ever seen and that we are dirty.

[/quote]

I wonder if the scuffle was caught on the grounds CCTV. ?

at wolves we had raf people come in and wrestle, like showing how to protect yourself etc... it was pretty brutal n very funny

anyone remember that leeds utd half time the once?

some fat singer with cheerleaders, everytime the singer came on the screen they was like boooo then cheerleaders horayy booo, hoorayyy etc... now that would be fun

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="Vern "]

[/quote]

I wonder if the scuffle was caught on the grounds CCTV. ?

[/quote]

I know a steward had to break them up so maybe. Hush Hush....Lets brush that one under the carpet.

The Visiting Director''s and their associate''s, reside in the ''dark side'' of the City Stand Director''s Box. Something caught my attention from where I sit/snooze/sleep and cat-nap in the City Stand......and it was a big chappie in a dark coat - going pointy, pointy, fingery digit - directed at someone outside the Director''s box......And that was it......I then returned to my knitting.[|-)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

worst Mascot has to be the city "gent" at Bradford... if anyone deserves a smack in the face its him!

jas :)

[/quote]

best has to be the coventry mascot, he comes and does headstands and front flips.

i liked it the once when wolfie had fight with the 3pigs at bristol c

it was great it was a fight let alone who there characters are on top - absolute quality

To repeat my post on one of the polls:

Put Doncaster in goal, and let the fans have a free kick from the edge of the area

5 points for a goal

10 points if you hit him

Public Humiliation if you miss or he saves.

3 chances

Dont try and curl one around him though, I hear hes quite good when it comes to spin...

Recently i attended a NFL game in Florida and due to american footballs masses of stopages they have plenty of competitions to kill the spare time. soi have adapted them to the better beautiful form of football.

here a just a few ideas/examples:

Start at the N&P you have to take a throw in, from where that lands, you have to take a drop kick, then from where that lands you have to shoot into the goal infront of the Barclay.

nothing beats good old fireworks display or something simple like that. there was a brilliant one at the american footbal where fireworks were going off on the pitch and on the floodlights so you were inside the display as it was pretty spectacular and all to the who as well.

Crossbar challege. cant beat it.

at the NFL you had various competitions/quizes during the stopages and if you won, you wou win something silly like a free car wash, but not just for you, but for everyone in your section (or block) all they had to do was take there ticket to the place where th offer was and then they would recieve the prize.

these are just a few ideas i can think of right now.

Cheers CanaryColt

Ladies and Gentlemen,  The crossbar challenge is back.  thank god they ditched that roll the ball rubbish and i hope they keep this half time entertainment going.   But this time we have a twist.  theres Points for hitting the bar, Skimming the bar, and even hitting the post.  now thats much much better.  all we need now is the cheerleaders and half time will never be the same again.

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

How about Captain Canary and Wolfie having a wrestle during half time of the City v Wolves game?

[/quote]Great idea,  if we make Captain Canary sneeze and cough they might think hes got bird flu.  lmao

[quote user="Optimisticcanary"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

How about Captain Canary and Wolfie having a wrestle during half time of the City v Wolves game?

[/quote]

Great idea,  if we make Captain Canary sneeze and cough they might think hes got bird flu.  lmao
[/quote]

LOL !