Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

Half time entertainment at home games?

Does anyone think that the half time entertainment at Carrow Road Suck.  no wonder most people head for the bars and refreshment areas to sample Delia''s pies.  That roll the ball through the hole thingy is stupid,  I always thought the crossbar challenge was quite good.  At least most people got close. One thing is for sure, We dont want the dancers back, they we awfull. So does anyone have any suggestions as to what City could do for half time????? I saw something in the Prem last season where a fan from home and away supporters dribbled the ball around some cones from the halfway line, then run onto goal to try and beat the club mascot.  i cant remember what they won but its better idea than what they have at the moment.  lets hear your thoughts and maybe we can rally norwich to get things happening. lol

Totally Agree,

It''s currently an embaressment.

The crossbar challenge isnt a bad idea.

How about a penalty shoot out between the sets of  fans?, or a Soccer Am Style game with realistic targets to put the ball in.

[quote user="Optimisticcanary"]Does anyone think that the half time entertainment at Carrow Road Suck.[/quote]

Sadly it''s been better than the actual match most games this season [;)]

[quote user="HUDDY "]

Totally Agree,

It''s currently an embaressment.

The crossbar challenge isnt a bad idea.

How about a penalty shoot out between the sets of  fans?, or a Soccer Am Style game with realistic targets to put the ball in.

[/quote]

How about a half-time "whip the fattest pie-eating supporters with a rolled up wet towel" competition....?   [pi]

The best thing they ever had was at home to Sunderland last season. It was that bloke who did the ball tricks and keepy ups. I think he was promotong a DVD.

I remember most of the city players that were suppose to be warming up just stopped and stared at him in amazement.

Half time entertainment is watching 2 x 17 year old school leavers and 1 x grey haired old dear trying to serve 5000 people pies and beers in 15 minutes.

least better than my wolves half time entertainment, we will have one supporter running through cones with a ball taking up whole of half time and we never get the bloody half time scores

its discrasful, all i want at half time is the half time scores

What percentage of the crowd actually watches the half time entertainment? If you are not using the facilities, queueing for a drink you might still be in your seat chatting to mates or texting those not at the game, does anyone really concentrate on the stuff going on on the pitch? Apart from the half time scores I can''t say I notice anything apart from the men sticking their forks into the goalmouth areas. They can be quite entertaining!

If the dancers were like the West Ham girls then I think everyone male would want them back!  Or how about the News of the World Girls at half time?  Other clubs do it and the Amercians have their cheerleaders so why not Norwich to join this leering male entertainment lark???

[quote user="Optimisticcanary"]Does anyone think that the half time entertainment at Carrow Road Suck.  no wonder most people head for the bars and refreshment areas to sample Delia''s pies.  That roll the ball through the hole thingy is stupid,  I always thought the crossbar challenge was quite good.  At least most people got close. One thing is for sure, We dont want the dancers back, they we awfull. So does anyone have any suggestions as to what City could do for half time????? I saw something in the Prem last season where a fan from home and away supporters dribbled the ball around some cones from the halfway line, then run onto goal to try and beat the club mascot.  i cant remember what they won but its better idea than what they have at the moment.  lets hear your thoughts and maybe we can rally norwich to get things happening. lol
[/quote]

I like the idea of the Cheerleader.  mind you what guy wouldnt.  Lol. Ok i agree not many do pay attention to what goes on at half time but there are stil over 24500 people in that stadium so someone must pay attention to it as well as the halftime scores. 

[quote user="The Great Escape Grumpy "]Delia after a few glasses of wine.[/quote]

Ha ha - nice one [:)]

There is a great article about the half time entertainment at Crystal Palace entitled "Kick Jesus Christ Out Of Football!" at:

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/4033/

A few quotes:

"The half-time challenge at Selhurst Park is a truly wretched affair. Entitled a ‘Game of Two Baths’, it consists of two fans trying to kick footballs into a couple of baths. Last season’s challenge, ‘On me shed son’, involved fans trying to chip balls into a shed."

‘During half-time at a Falmouth Town v St Ives match I went to in the 1980s, the entertainment consisted of eleven pirates fighting over an inflatable haddock for five minutes’

‘Just wish we could have cheerleaders over the age of 16 so one doesn’t feel like a perv for watching them!’

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="djc"]

How about a half-time "whip the fattest pie-eating supporters with a rolled up wet towel" competition....? 

[/quote]

I wonder who taught you that idea was a funny?  It''s not.

Moreover I wonder what your attitude is to boozers, druggies etc.

[/quote]

Totally agree Canary Nut..It would be much more funny with a Chamois Leather

How about a half-time "whip the fattest pie-eating supporters with a rolled up wet towel" competition....? 

[/quote]

[/quote]CanaryNutHere you are once again putting a damper on a bit of fun and a friendly discussion on a subject.  The guy was just having a laugh, thats all it was and if it offends you then just dont read it. please,  can you add something constructive to my threads,  thats all i ask and keep the friendly banter going.

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

I like the big screen idea

That could definately work

[/quote]I agree,  but hang it from the N&P stand, i sit in the barclay and wont be able to see it if it was in the crappy hotel corner.  lol

[/quote]

[/quote]

im a boozer and a druggie, what you got against me?

the ought to have some of the subs doing a skill skool like on soccer am

that would be great one sub from each team

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

The best thing they ever had was at home to Sunderland last season. It was that bloke who did the ball tricks and keepy ups. I think he was promotong a DVD.

I remember most of the city players that were suppose to be warming up just stopped and stared at him in amazement.

[/quote]

They had a guy doing the same at Stoke on Saturday...he was brilliant...not sure if it was the same one who was at Sunderland game.

I agree that more imagination could be put into half time, when the best that most are able to do is get to the loo and back, unless you go out early with the pie pirates, who spoil the last five minutes of the half, which irks me just as much as those that get back in their seats late and presumably the same individuals who leave early...I just cant stand up  with any good will for these annoying individuals.

Perhaps more refreshment should be available from pitchside...

Perhaps some local musicians  could be given a slot......in a search for another club anthem...a sort of Canary Eurovision

When Perth Glory was first formed in Western Australia the club was owned by an Italian although it was almost totally supported by Englishmen or first generation Australian/ English. The songs and chants were very much Liverpool vintage. Determined to change the culture the owner introduced Flag waving at half time ( an Italian "family" entertainment). The chant from the boys on the hill, quick as a flash, was "who''s the w**ker with the Flag" and the Flag wavers quickly disappeared along with the kite flyers (Chinese) who appeared another halftime.

The reason for half time originally was to change the rules of the game because the collages who first introduced football played according to their own rules so for example the home team would play by their rules for the first half and the away team by their rules for the second half.

Now there is an idea for half time. Two teams on the pitch playing 10 mins by none FA rules. Lets think that out. One Saturday play with wider goal posts; one Saturday with 15 players a side, another game with no offside rule, another with no goal keepers, another where the ball was kicked in from touch. Seems to me that there could be endless fun and amusment to watch!

What gets up my nose more than the paucity of the half time entertainment is the patronising g*t with the microphone who insists on trying to gee up the fans. Someone should shove his clipboard where the sun don''t shine!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]why not have a beer at half time instead of watching that crap?[/quote]

spot on - if the half time entertainment was pukka, then the club would lose out by punters staying in their seats, rather than quaffing pies and necking pints..........unless they played big money ''prize'' bingo for 15 mins!!!

the current one is so rubbish its unbelievable ...

curl it with the canaries was better ... as is crossbar challenge.

and wen we had that football freestyler was the best ....