Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free Bet This Weekend.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]

My nap is Gillingham to beat Port Vale, Vale are bottom and nearly lost to a non league side in F.A. Cup last week while Gillingham have fared better under Mark Stimson than they did at start of season.

By the way ardee feel free to pencil me in for picking duty sometime in the future and good luck to lapp in it up this week.

[/quote]

Yep thanks'' "norfolkchance1" I have you noted you are on the list well done you lovely old boy.[Y] arrdee.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]

My nap is Gillingham to beat Port Vale, Vale are bottom and nearly lost to a non league side in F.A. Cup last week while Gillingham have fared better under Mark Stimson than they did at start of season.

By the way ardee feel free to pencil me in for picking duty sometime in the future and good luck to lapp in it up this week.

[/quote]''''Lappinitup'''' wrote.......

''''Having had four winners on the bounce (and not one selected Crying [:''(] ), I was going for a dead cert this week (Hatton to beat Mayweather) until arrdee told me it had to be footy Sad [:(] so......

Gillingham v Port Vale.  Home win.

Good luck to my namesake. (still trying to work out why you didn''t try an original name of you own but feel honoured that you choose mine to emulate''''   Wink [;)]

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhh !!

First someone copies my username then someone else copies my selection.

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhhhh !!

Is it.......

The price of fame.......

Or is it.......

Hero worship.......

Or

Am I being stalked ??

mmmmmmm??   [*-)]

hey ardee, lap in it up...is that me? i know theres one other with a similar name to myself, just so theres no confusion! cheers if it is, im more than happy to take the reigns for next week!

My nap for this week, Bayern Munich to win at home, 2:30pm ko. around 1-6. Dead cert.

Ive just realised, if that is me...i didnt see that post until just now...! having read through im going to go with...

MAN UTD vs Derby

CHELSEA vs Sunderland

BAYERN MUNICH vs Duisberg

ALDERSHOT vs Stafford Rangers

DUNDEE vs Stirling Albion

MK DONS vs Acc Stanley

CELTIC vs St Mirren

How does that sound everyone? what are the odds? probably not that long, but itd be nice to start with a win! http://www.pinkun.com/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif

Sorry if its a bit late.

Lappin

It''s 1am and the board was updated at 23:40 with no sign of ''Lap in it up''. If you post during the night my friend please accept my apologies for sticking my awe in.

As requested Arrdee this is what I would do from  the excellent suggestions we have had this week.

Manchester United  (Fellas & Gorleston ''Gentleman'' Jim)

Celtic  (We8WBA)

Everton  (Blahx3)

Chelsea  (Mine)

Dundee  (7Rew)

Aldershot  (Leeds & Yankee)

These are well short odds! I reckon if we get the very best odds from Dixmar we may get close to £45 if they all manage to win.

Arrdee - Please ignore this post in Lap in it up appears over night.

Yep you lovely old pickers the bet is on , I feel so proud this morning that what i wanted to achieve i have with the Free Bet . I wanted unity and togetherness from you pickers each looking after each other , caring for each other , fellow pickers helping fellow pickers , safeguarding the Free Bet .You all saw how Nutty moved in he wasn''t going to let the Free Bet go down the pan . Now you can all see why i have dropped the whole Free Bet in to his lap if anything untoward happens to arrdee .Rest assured you are in safe hands with the talented one .

The confusion was probably my fault for not making it more clear it was "lap in it up"s turn . all''s well that ends well.

The teams are ,

Man utd-------------1-8

Chelsea--------------1-5

Bayern Munich-------1-6

Aldershot-------------1-3

M.K. Dons-----------8-15

Celtic-----------------1-6.

Which will win the Academy another £27 57p which is all very good , you must say we are in with a great chance , so thanks "lap in" well done sir and as always kasmet .arrdee.

"Yankee" 1st&2nd. 

dont know how the old bayern got on but celtic was bit of a shocker, they only failed to win in the league once at home which was a draw before today

nothing you could of done better lappin it up - just wasnt to be your day

[quote user="Lappin it up"]Sorry about the lateness of my picks guys, been very distracted with uni presentations this week! Did i get them in on time?[/quote]

Yep It was tough luck this week "Lappin it" Who would have thought that Celtic and Bayern would only draw? That''s the banana skin "Yankee" was talking about, the hard thing to do is avoid them , there always seem one for the bookmaker .

Good shout "Blah" I like the look of that system you have ,keep them coming please, you lovely old boy .

Now D Devon D you know its your turn next , so get you head into those Sunday papers and look for some clues , we will try and help you all we can .Now Devon did your selection win ? Or have you the item of your wife''s clothing on your head ? If you have for goodness sake don''t let we8wba see you he will die laughing [Y] arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd

It was unlucky Lappin it up! We didn''t see the banana skin coming with Celtic.

But it''s been a good week really for the ''Free Bet Fred''. There''s good input from loads of the pickers, we have a new tool to help us avoid the banana skins from Blahx3 and a lot of interest in joining Arrdees rota to do the final selections. And of course our young Wolves friend is turning into a real star on here [Y]

Arrdee, I think DDD can still dress conventionally this week as that game was postponed [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It was unlucky Lappin it up! We didn''t see the banana skin coming with Celtic.

But it''s been a good week really for the ''Free Bet Fred''. There''s good input from loads of the pickers, we have a new tool to help us avoid the banana skins from Blahx3 and a lot of interest in joining Arrdees rota to do the final selections. And of course our young Wolves friend is turning into a real star on here [Y]

Arrdee, I think DDD can still dress conventionally this week as that game was postponed [;)]

[/quote]

Yep could not agree more Nutty . That boy is turning into a real star [*] in fact we all love him to bits , I know I do, I have never known anyone like him , And I will tell you what,he is putting a lot of these so called City fans to shame. The "No I don''t look at that sort of thing " brigade , Well I will tell you now the Free Bet pages are for fans that can''t get to the games , the fans who are less fortunate than yourselves who perhaps can''t afford to go ,those that have health problems , those that live far away .These fans feel that they are supporting their beloved club by just making a selection on the Free Bet page, for some that''s all they can give but i will tell you now I would prefer one of those to 20 thousand "no i don''t look at that sort of thing" brigade  . In fact no I don''t want those regular posters who don''t care if we are trying to help our Academy . Those with thousands of postings after their names , are they frightened of having their pride pricked if they pick a loser ? well it doesn''t  work like that there is no finger pointing on the Free Bet thread , but that''s not for you No No No , you stick to your prawn rolls and "have you tried the divine chutney" "darling look out of the window and see if all those supporter people have gone" so you "No I don''t look at that sort of thing " brigade you stick with your own kind .I know who I want to be with ,real City supporters. arrdee. 

I would like to know why Dundee didn''t make the final cut despite making both Lappin it up and NN final picks?  they won you know.Stirling Albion look like a good team to bet on ...  2 in a row, losses that is.

[quote user="7rew"]I would like to know why Dundee didn''t make the final cut despite making both Lappin it up and NN final picks?  they won you know.

Stirling Albion look like a good team to bet on ...  2 in a row, losses that is.
[/quote]

Yep 7rew I have just twigged Lappin  picked 7 my mistake [:$], I am afraid I getting to old for this , good job on your part another 2 out of 2 in the Scottish . What is it with you and the Scottish ? you seem to know them like the back of your hand , keep them coming you lovely old boy . I will try and get them on [:$]  good job in the end they didn''t count..arrdee.

I didn''t noitice Dundee didn''t make it to Dixmar until 7rew pointed it out. I bet the confusion was because there were 7 matches in the final selections. Knowing Arrdee I expect he is worrying about it now and we can''t have that can we Pink Un Pickers? There''s no blame on the ''Free Bet Fred'' It''s just City fans (and a yam yam! [;)] ) trying to do a bit of good for the club.

Back to winning ways next week? ...... Not ''arf [Y]

Stay bright pickers [H]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I didn''t noitice Dundee didn''t make it to Dixmar until 7rew pointed it out. I bet the confusion was because there were 7 matches in the final selections. Knowing Arrdee I expect he is worrying about it now and we can''t have that can we Pink Un Pickers? There''s no blame on the ''Free Bet Fred'' It''s just City fans (and a yam yam! [;)] ) trying to do a bit of good for the club.

Back to winning ways next week? ...... Not ''arf [Y]

Stay bright pickers [H]

[/quote]Can''t have arrdee worrying nutty, his name is Ray and he''s a ray of sunshine on this thread. You''re both doing a fine job. I think I speak for all Pink Un Pickers when I say this thread adds a bit of spice to our Saturday afternoons and any money raised helps the club so keep up the good work !!

ardee and this thread is the reason i stick around here as the thread is good, and intresting to see what others predict as well

keep up the good work, im sure you''ll get few requests to close it now ive said that hehe

[quote user="we8wba"]

ardee and this thread is the reason i stick around here as the thread is good, and intresting to see what others predict as well

keep up the good work, im sure you''ll get few requests to close it now ive said that hehe

[/quote]

Thank you all you lovely old boys for your support ,Nutty , Lapp , we8wba , but I feel I must step down because I made an unforgivable mistake by missing a selection . I know there was a lot of confusion of who was picking this week with the the two pickers with the Identical names but I checked through the previous week and found I made reference to who was making the final selections on three occasions , but that is not an excuse , I should have risen above that . I know I was desperate in the end to get something on because I was so worried there was not going to be a free bet . But the bottom line was I made a mistake And I am so sorry . I missed a selection I know it didn''t matter as it turned out but it could well have done This is why I feel I have failed you , You can''t have someone missing selections . If you pickers feel you would rather have some one you can rely on I will understand and I wont inflict my self upon you any more . I now intend to turn the whole Free Bet over to Nutty Nigel  As I have told you many times before you could not be in safer hands than the talented one . Thanks for all your support you have given me over the year , just wish it could have turned out better , heartbroken .Ray

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Thank you all you lovely old boys for your support ,Nutty , Lapp , we8wba , but I feel I must step down because I made an unforgivable mistake by missing a selection . I know there was a lot of confusion of who was picking this week with the the two pickers with the Identical names but I checked through the previous week and found I made reference to who was making the final selections on three occasions , but that is not an excuse , I should have risen above that . I know I was desperate in the end to get something on because I was so worried there was not going to be a free bet . But the bottom line was I made a mistake And I am so sorry . I missed a selection I know it didn''t matter as it turned out but it could well have done This is why I feel I have failed you , You can''t have someone missing selections . If you pickers feel you would rather have some one you can rely on I will understand and I wont inflict my self upon you any more . I now intend to turn the whole Free Bet over to Nutty Nigel  As I have told you many times before you could not be in safer hands than the talented one . Thanks for all your support you have given me over the year , just wish it could have turned out better , heartbroken .Ray

[/quote]

Now you always taught me that there is no blame on the ''Free Bet Fred'' Arrdee. All of us pickers have always and will always rely on you to take care of the thread for us. Theres no way Nutty Nigel can take the whole thing over, we are a team and between us we attack on two fronts. Anyway, if I took over I can imagine the pickers all changing the words to an old song in the same way someone else did years ago. It would go something like......

[8]Black is black 
We all want Arrdee back
It''s gray, it''s gray
Since he went away, Ooh-Ooh
What can I do
''Cause I-I-I-I-I''m not a blue

If I had my way
He''d be back today
But he don''t intend
To do the free bet again,
What can I do

Nutty''s cack
We all want Arrdee back
It''s gray, it''s gray
Since he went away, Ooh-Ooh
What can I do

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All the imaginable circumstances for making a mistake were in place here last week.

Most people young or old , Ray, Nutty Yankee or especially myself,would surely have been liable to the same slip up.

With due respects to Nutty,I do not feel anybody could equal or surpass your handling of this unique little venture Ray. I would not wish to be part of it if you stand down.

Equally heartbroken Jim

Arrdee. Four pages, fifty posts, 850 hits, Two wins in the last four weeks. You''ve done what you set out to do. You''ve got this thread into the premiership but your job is only just started. You have to keep it there !!

So, no more talk of leaving just because of one own goal (the team was already beaten on the day). You''re already being talked of as manager of the season so onwards and upwards.

LETS BE HAVIN'' YOU !!   [:D]

you have done a great job ardee, and if you do give up then nutty seems the perfect apprentice learning from the master. we would all like you to stay but if you do leave thank you for the good times ardee :''-(

and maybe you can join us pickers in future weeks!!!

The free bet thread without ardee is like a rant by cluck without mention of sheep and apologists. Don''t step down, it wouldn''t be the same and surely you are the best man for the job!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Ardee can not leave. Ardee i am counting on your wisdom to pick me one of the selections for our winning bet this weekend.

The Free Bet This Weekend thread without Ardee would be like having Chocolate body paint with no Hottie to lick it off.

Arrdee, you are the sweetest of all the sweets in the biscuit tin.  I''m going to say one word, and you''ll understand.Chesterfield.Nuff Said ? [:)]

Now you lovely old pickers ,I am over whelmed with your support on here but also with all those e-mails and P M i am still wading through them . But if i could say to the Picker who said in his own words " Ray if you don''t keep doing the Free Bet thread I shall come over to that Butchers shop and give you a bloody good hiding " I will quickly say I will be putting the Free Bet thread on tomorrow as usual , just in case he is about  set out on his mission to use arrdee as a punchbag .

There are so many among the E - Mails that are not even Pickers that want me to continue which I don''t understand .

Of course Nutty knew he would get me with that song , I thought I was going to feel like Arto when I saw a song coming on but you used my biggest success when Ron Davis left us . When we shook the rafters all match , and this little boy went home black and blue from having all his mates slapping him on the back .

I do feel I let you lovely old pickers down with the mistake I made , In fact it broke  my heart because I would never do anything against you lovely City supporters you are all so important to me So it seems you are stuck with me  mistakes and all ,but rest assured I won''t be making that mistake again believe me . So thanks again to all you kind people out there . arrdee 

[quote user="arrdee"]

Now you lovely old pickers ,I am over whelmed with your support on here but also with all those e-mails and P M i am still wading through them . But if i could say to the Picker who said in his own words " Ray if you don''t keep doing the Free Bet thread I shall come over to that Butchers shop and give you a bloody good hiding " I will quickly say I will be putting the Free Bet thread on tomorrow as usual , just in case he is about  set out on his mission to use arrdee as a punchbag .

There are so many among the E - Mails that are not even Pickers that want me to continue which I don''t understand .

Of course Nutty knew he would get me with that song , I thought I was going to feel like Arto when I saw a song coming on but you used my biggest success when Ron Davis left us . When we shook the rafters all match , and this little boy went home black and blue from having all his mates slapping him on the back .

I do feel I let you lovely old pickers down with the mistake I made , In fact it broke  my heart because I would never do anything against you lovely City supporters you are all so important to me So it seems you are stuck with me  mistakes and all ,but rest assured I won''t be making that mistake again believe me . So thanks again to all you kind people out there . arrdee 

[/quote]

You''ve got to stay and carry on the good work Ray.

But can you explain about you and Ron Davies and you having your mates slapping you on the back. Ron Davies was my hero.