Sign in to follow this  
SouthamptonCanary

England not going to Euro is a good thing.......

Firstly let me start by saying that I am as gutted as everyone else about England failing to qualify for the Euro Championship but I want to try have a look at a positive side to this failure.

For years now the England team has not performed to the standard that is exspected considering the players we have.  We have struggled to qualify for every major tournament as far back as i can remember and when we are there it has just been a comedy of errors which eventually leads to us getting knocked out earlier than we expect.  Lets face it, if we had of qualified last night it would have papered of the cracks of what a bad team we are.

I look back to Euro96 when we didn''t have to qualify and Venables had a series of friendly match''s where there was no presure to perform and he was able to experiment with different players and formations.  This lead to a very success Euro96 where we played the best football i''ve ever seen us play.  I think this is now our chance to take advantage of this disappointment and bring in a new manager who wants to bring in fresh faces to the england team and with fresh ideas.  He can play a bunch of friendly match''s and gel a team together without the presure of having to qualify for a Euro or World Cup campaign

We now have an opportunity to make us a force in football again

What does everyone think?

Have to say i was thinking the same thing while watching. That if we draw this and get through, nothing will change. At least now we can have a clear out. Only thing is, it should start with BARWICK.

.....The England future cant get any worse...so I guess it will get better, and all these 2-4 year periods of waiting since 1966 makes me wonder if we will ever win anything in OUR lifetime pffffffffffffff......its 41 years since we won anything.........................City have more chance of promotion than England winning a championship...........hahahaha

OTBC