Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

McClaren sacked

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Oh well, every cloud....

The FA should now be on the phone to Jose.

[/quote]

"Many a true word spoken in jest...."

whats even more ridicoulous "mclaren will not be in charge for the remaining 33months of his contract" which joker gave him that should also take the sack, im guessing brian barwick

This may seem stupid but i see the England fiasco as very similar to NCFC''s, (hear me out).

Fulham V ncfc -we need a big result and fail

England v croatia - likewise

QPR (PG''S last match), Burnley at home (Worthingtons last match). Players are expected to put in a performance to save the manager, they dont, both men lose their jobs.

England V croatia - players dont put in effort mcClown loses job.

Grant has very short ''reign'' at ncfc - mcclown likewise.

At least Delia cant be blamed for England problems.... unfortunatly NCFC means more to me than England[:(]

Now I see the genius of Peter Grant- he must have had a feeling that England would miss out and needed to free himself up for the telephone call from the FA.................

Stuart Pearce or Martin O''Neil for me.

Any manager that can get the players out of their cosy millionare rock-star spoilt child bubble will get my vote. Not sure Mourinhio would do that...

They should be made to stay in wooden huts and do training on the white cliffs of Dover or something... like running around on mousehold heath... yeah.

It''s a pity we have such a bunch of incompetent clowns in charge of the FA. If you had asked the fans who they wanted to replace Eriksson, the name McClaren would have been on very few lips. I always give people a fair chance, but I somehow felt that the man with the dodgy quiff was always destined to fail. Bring on Martin O'' Neil.

jose Mourinho is working for the Portugese FA... why would he want to manage England?

It will be El Tel...why do u think he''s there?

jas :)

I`d go for Hiddink, he`s a proven top quality manager.........................It was amazing to see how totally useless England looked last night, they had no idea what so ever, and Croatia looked a very well organised team.......its so depressing every time I watch England because they have for many years looked second rate........................very very sad.

OTBC

[quote user="Feathers"]

Stuart Pearce

[/quote]

what exactly has he acheived in football management? Apart from be replaced at Man City by Sven who has taken them to 3rd place in the Prem at the moment.

TeamNatFromToRecord
GWLDWin %
Nottingham ForestFlag of EnglandDecember 20, 1996May 8, 19972377930.43
Manchester CityFlag of EnglandMarch 11, 2005May 14, 20079734432035.05
England Under-21[5]Flag of EnglandFebruary 1, 2007Present1151545.45

To help mclaren shape hopeless tactcis and suck the passion out of our football team?  El Tel is as fundamentally part of this problem as Barwick or McLaren and has rightly been sacked,  and imo is not a part of any english sides future. 

[quote user="Feathers"]

Stuart Pearce or Martin O''Neil for me.

Any manager that can get the players out of their cosy millionare rock-star spoilt child bubble will get my vote. Not sure Mourinhio would do that...

They should be made to stay in wooden huts and do training on the white cliffs of Dover or something... like running around on mousehold heath... yeah.

[/quote]

The only way to get them out of their cosy millionnaire lifestyle is to take away the millions.

jose mourinho - no question.allthough i dont believe the FA will go for him as they always never seem to go for the right person. If we dont get jose as manager (especially after he said he want it) it will be a joke ...

What is the difference between Lewis Hamilton and the FA?

Lewis Hamilton has still got his McLaren.

I am glad he has gone, but to be fair I think he was stupid to take it in the first place, he was so obviously a second choice after the very public Big Phil debacle, when he took it I did wonder where his pride had gone.

Is it any wonder that our national game is in ruins, just look at the ones who make the decisions. What amazes me is how these people flit from job to job at a very high level (ie Barwick) without having any experience to do the job.

The Decision Makers

Members of the Main Board are the non-executive directors of The FA.

Geoff Thompson (Chairman)
Brian Barwick (Chief Executive)
Dave Henson * 
Michael Game *
Phil Gartside^
David Gill ^ 
Roger Burden*
Sir Dave Richards ^
John Ward*
David Sheepshanks #
Brian Mawhinney #
Barry Bright (Vice Chairman) *

* National Game representative
^ Premier League representative
# Football League representative

The Chairman

Geoff Thompson is a football man who has served the game with integrity, humility and passion across continental Europe as well as in his home country for nearly 40 years.

After working in local football, he took on the twin roles of General Manager and Company Secretary of Doncaster Rovers, a club with a long history and deep-rooted support.

He was elected to The Council of The Football Association in 1979 and to its Executive Committee ten years later. Less than a decade later he was elected its Chairman.

His judicial background led him to chair countless disciplinary commissions where he earned a justifiable reputation for fairness and common sense. That reputation was further enhanced by his commitment to amateur, youth and women’s football.

As Chairman of The FA, he has been determined England should play a new and more visible role in the development of football across Europe and further afield. England’s International Development Programme, led by Geoff, is a recognition of its responsibilities to other nations.

His election as a UEFA Executive Member in 2000 was one of the proudest days of his life. Since then, as a Vice President of UEFA, he has dedicated himself to understanding the issues that affect all members of the European football family

Chief Executive

Brian was appointed Chief Executive of The FA in late 2004 and took up the role on January 31, 2005. Prior to The FA, Brian was ITV’s Controller of Sport for seven years.

Whilst at ITV, Brian headed television coverage of two FIFA World Cups in 1998 and 2002 plus the European Championships of 2000 and 2004. He led successful rights negotiations for these championships, UEFA Champions League, The Rugby World Cup, Formula One, The Boat Race, Super Bowl and Tour de France. Brian brought presenters Des Lynam and Gabby Logan to ITV and also launched Britain’s fastest growing digital channel, ITV2, in 1998.

Brian was born and educated in Liverpool, gaining a degree in Economics at Liverpool University. After a spell as a journalist, he joined the BBC’s sports department in 1979. During his 18-year career at the BBC he was editor of Match of the Day, Football Focus and Sportsnight. He oversaw major events including the FIFA World Cups of 1990 and 1994, the Barcelona and Atlanta Olympic Games, the Commonwealth Games plus the European and World Athletics Championships. He was responsible for BBC Television’s Sports Review Of The Year between 1991 and 1995.

As The FA’s Chief Executive, Brian is looking forward to bringing his lifelong love of football and his professional knowledge of the game to the post.