Sign in to follow this  
T07

Get Crouch off

[quote user="T07"]Please....... forever.....
[/quote]

Take those cucumbers off your eyes and watch the game again. We are all annoyed at our pub team performance but Peter Crouch was probably the best of a poor bunch. Shoot Frank Carson, Wayne Bridge etc but not Crouchy. Oldest rule in the book is "play to the whistle" so why did our "defence" stand there with their arms raised whilst the Croatia striker walked round Willie Carson to make it 2.0?

Well I''ll have my 2 cents... I think Peter Crouch had an excellent game.

Unfortunately our game was so easy for Croatia to read, they knew England were going to ping it up to Crouch and all they had to do was sweep up the crumbs.

Considering all of the back 4 Croatia put out last night are very big strong lads I thought Crouch did extremely well to win as much of the ball as he did.

Obviously if McClaren had started someone alongside him it would have made things very different, even if it would have been a partnership with very little experience of playing together at least they would have grown into things a bit more as the game went on.

Peter Crouch didn''t let his country down, he played good football, scored a top quality goal and gave 110% for his country.

Anyone who questions whether he should play for his country again is on another planet.

[quote user="Vern "]

[quote user="T07"]Please....... forever.....
[/quote]

Take those cucumbers off your eyes and watch the game again. We are all annoyed at our pub team performance but Peter Crouch was probably the best of a poor bunch. Shoot Frank Carson, Wayne Bridge etc but not Crouchy. Oldest rule in the book is "play to the whistle" so why did our "defence" stand there with their arms raised whilst the Croatia striker walked round Willie Carson to make it 2.0?

[/quote]

keepers to blame as much as the defence.. he could of dealt with it... perhaps claimed the ball, then b***ocked his defenders.

jas :)

[quote user="T07"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

In my opinion the FA are a little like our board and tend to go for the yes men, so i think we should judge the whole shambles from the top to the bottom. But than again its never the fault of those in charge with you is it? Crouch done the job asked from him unlike the bigwigs. As for watching good football....funny how under OUR current lot we''ve gone from a respected passing football team to a complete shambles!

[/quote]

While I agree about the FA ( like me you''ll remember the public outcry against Ramsey en route to the World Cup Final eh Arthur?) I cant believe you really believe the Norwich board dictate playing style LOL

So Crouch was asked to nod the ball to their keeper again and again was he?
[/quote]

Well yes they do to an extent dictate playing style. Our scouts have clearly made big mistakes, our academy is not producing the goods and the Managers have been of a poor calibre in the main under the current board, all off whom are employed by the ones at the top. Far to many mistakes if you ask me. I know football has changed but if you look at clubs like Col Utd for example we really shouldn''t be in this current mess.

Was lucky enough to be there on the night and really surprised and how poor the back 5 were. Some players are so overated and they just believe all the hype in themselves. Would love to see how well they would get on abroad, except they wont go as they wont get paid as much, twats.

What a load of tripe. Have a look at his scoring record for England for a start. Its not his fault McClaren played 4-5-1 with him on his own or that the vastly over-rated Gerard stood just in front of the centre halves and lumped the ball 40 yards to him with neither him nor Lampard making any attempt to support.

As soon as we went 4-4-2 and he got a quality cross from Beckham he equalised! That would have been enough to take us through if the defence had been able to stop Croasia scoring less than three times! To blame Crouch is plain daft or blinkered. Which are you?

Gerrard & Lampard should have been getting forward to get on the end of the flick-ons.  How many times do they score bursting through the midfield for their own clubs, yet look like totally different (afraid or shackled) players when the pull on the England shirt?  You can''t blame Crouch for a)being tall & b)following team orders.

I thought Crouch was our best player. Alan Hansen thought Crouch was our best player. So did Mark lawrenson, Alan Shearer, Ian Wright... heck, just about everyone.

Basically, T07, that''ll be you discrediting every opinion you''ll give on here in future, then.