Sign in to follow this  
T07

Get Crouch off

I thought he wasnt the worst;  Lampard and Gerrard should simply never ever ever play in the same england tean again - both were passionless and technically shocking, totally stifling the game and leaving us over reliant on the long hoofed ball.

It was soo poor and nearly made me yearn for carrow road on sat!

[quote user="T07"]Please....... forever.....
[/quote]

Did you post this before his goal, or after ?  It was the formation, the dodgy back four that lacked pace, and the keepers'' howler that did for us, nobody tried harder than Crouch, but he wasn''t support by Lampard and Gerrard from midfield, or indeed from the wings, with the exception of Beckhams'' cross.

He was one of a few who came away with any creditability plus took his goal really well. [:@]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Lampard and Gerrard should simply never ever ever play in the same england tean again - both were passionless and technically shocking, totally stifling the game and leaving us over reliant on the long hoofed ball.

[/quote]

No ****, its so obvious its untrue but that utter useless pratt Mclaren STILL picks them together...  Who was worse, LUMPARD who hardly got a touch or Gerard who wasted every pass....

deadly serious. Whenever Crouch plays we start lumping the ball Worthington style. Pathetic. In the first half Crouch KNEW he had no striker playing alongside him yet time and time again he played balls, particularly off his head, straight through the middle to the keeper. He took his goal really well, though even Chris Brown would have buried that cross, fantastic pass.Nope, sorry, effort isn''t enough. I''d have tried just as hard last night but its no rerason to leave a player on the pitch.As for Carson, Bridge, SWP, Lampard, Gerrard and the pitch....... if thats the pinnacle of English football then perhaps people will accept once and for all we''re just not good enough.DisgracefulAt least its got rid of the Ginger.

[quote user="T07"]deadly serious. Whenever Crouch plays we start lumping the ball Worthington style. Pathetic. In the first half Crouch KNEW he had no striker playing alongside him yet time and time again he played balls, particularly off his head, straight through the middle to the keeper.[/quote]As Lawrenson said, Crouch was keeping his side of the bargain, the others weren''t. When you''re on your own up front and people hit balls to your head, what else can you do than flick it on? We''ve seen that so bloody often for Norwich, with Brown most often, and it''s not the big man''s fault. The difference with Crouch is that he does have a very good touch, and to say that Brown would have buried that cross is total crap - it was a very neat piece of football by Crouch, well beyond Brown''s capabilities. Crouch''s goal scoring record doesn''t lie, and the fact that it''s been agaist so-called second rate teams (as if England aren''t second rate) is no fault of Crouch''s - they''re the games he''s played in. The big thing about Crouch (and Owen and Heskey and Hargreaves and Richards) is that they don''t let their ego get in the way of their team, and that''s worth everything. Until we get a national manager prepared to play our best team rather than our "Best Players", we''ll never get anywhere. And the same applies closer to home.

[quote user="JC"]

You will be one of the people who claims Gary Docherty is a solid centre-back I suppose....

[/quote]Nope, total donkey. Better than Shack though

WHY! IF THE REST HAD SHOWN AS MUCH GUTS AS HIM WE WOULD HAVE DONE IT,ALSO WHY DID CARSON START A GAME THAT WAS SO VITAL. IF ONLY THE  F.A. HAD PICKED MARTIN ONEILL INSTEAD OF STEVE  M ,WELL WE WILL NEVER KNOW NOW!

[quote user="Old Boy"]When you''re on your own up front and people hit balls to your head, what else can you do than flick it on? [/quote]Er.....sideways or down !! Gerrard and Lampard were supporting and going nuts at hime everytime he flicked it through the channel. Also Cole and SWP were flanking him. Totally clueless.I cant argue about his goalscoring record - its inredible, but there''s more to football than results. Most of you wont get that of course. Most of you would rather watch long ball rubbish like last night as long as the result is right. Personally I''d rather watch football. Playing Crouch last night set out our intention to a blind man and they lapped it up. You think Hargreaves and Owen don''t have ego''s??? LOL  You picked two beauties there.......... However it was interesting to hear Keane basically making the same point as you (though his knowledge as to who the guilty partys may be is better than yours). There are ego problems throughout football..... thats why a good shout for next manager might well be Hughes. Rather that than boring old men behind the ball Jose

I think a truly talented striker would realise the situation and start trying to attempt to bring the ball down and hold it up, or at the very least advise the midfield and wingers that its all going wrong.  I feel often Crouch in the air just does enough to look OK himself but with little though or attention to the end result.  Also he lacks the ability to redirect the ball, which is something Dublin does well, and he does not have a good "radar" of where the other striker / joining midfielders are, this continued in the second half when he was playing as a two so no real  excuses. Equally Defoe seemed to have no idea where Crouch would knock it down, suggesting poor preparation for this tactic.  Bizarrely, when Crouch receives it below head height he often shows superb skills, as evidenced in the goal, just think players supplying him can''t realise that they should not always deliver to his head, as Beckham did.  So overall, despite him looking good and being highly involved, think he was only average at the specific role he was charged with. Overall was completely amazed to see England employing the same tactics that I remember us using away against Stoke in one of Crouch''s first games for us where everything (including throw ins in our own half!) was aimed at his head, maybe Worthington should apply for England the job...

[quote user="T07"][quote user="Old Boy"]When you''re on your own up front and people hit balls to your head, what else can you do than flick it on?
[/quote]

Er.....sideways or down !! Gerrard and Lampard were supporting and going nuts at hime everytime he flicked it through the channel. Also Cole and SWP were flanking him. Totally clueless.

I cant argue about his goalscoring record - its inredible, but there''s more to football than results. Most of you wont get that of course. Most of you would rather watch long ball rubbish like last night as long as the result is right.

Personally I''d rather watch football.

Playing Crouch last night set out our intention to a blind man and they lapped it up.

You think Hargreaves and Owen don''t have ego''s??? LOL  You picked two beauties there.......... However it was interesting to hear Keane basically making the same point as you (though his knowledge as to who the guilty partys may be is better than yours). There are ego problems throughout football..... thats why a good shout for next manager might well be Hughes. Rather that than boring old men behind the ball Jose

[/quote]

In my opinion the FA are a little like our board and tend to go for the yes men, so i think we should judge the whole shambles from the top to the bottom. But than again its never the fault of those in charge with you is it? Crouch done the job asked from him unlike the bigwigs. As for watching good football....funny how under OUR current lot we''ve gone from a respected passing football team to a complete shambles!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

In my opinion the FA are a little like our board and tend to go for the yes men, so i think we should judge the whole shambles from the top to the bottom. But than again its never the fault of those in charge with you is it? Crouch done the job asked from him unlike the bigwigs. As for watching good football....funny how under OUR current lot we''ve gone from a respected passing football team to a complete shambles!

[/quote]While I agree about the FA ( like me you''ll remember the public outcry against Ramsey en route to the World Cup Final eh Arthur?) I cant believe you really believe the Norwich board dictate playing style LOLSo Crouch was asked to nod the ball to their keeper again and again was he?

[quote user="muttley2"] IF ONLY THE  F.A. HAD PICKED MARTIN ONEILL INSTEAD OF STEVE  M ,WELL WE WILL NEVER KNOW NOW![/quote]Villa have tonight given the FA permission to speak to him......

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]

I think a truly talented striker would realise the situation and start trying to attempt to bring the ball down and hold it up, or at the very least advise the midfield and wingers that its all going wrong.  I feel often Crouch in the air just does enough to look OK himself but with little though or attention to the end result.  Also he lacks the ability to redirect the ball, which is something Dublin does well, and he does not have a good "radar" of where the other striker / joining midfielders are, this continued in the second half when he was playing as a two so no real  excuses.

[/quote]Completely agree. He has absolutely no idea of whats developing around him, not how to link people into the play. We play hoofball when Crouch is picked.... for that reason he should never grace an England shirt

But was that hoofball just down to the half-wits who just automatically boot the ball up to him as soon as they see him? He can only do so much to tell them "don''t do it you morons", if they continue to do it then what?

Crouch isn''t perfect or anything so don''t get me wrong but he was the best player of the night imo.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Big Rons Brain"]

I think a truly talented striker would realise the situation and start trying to attempt to bring the ball down and hold it up, or at the very least advise the midfield and wingers that its all going wrong.  I feel often Crouch in the air just does enough to look OK himself but with little though or attention to the end result.  Also he lacks the ability to redirect the ball, which is something Dublin does well, and he does not have a good "radar" of where the other striker / joining midfielders are, this continued in the second half when he was playing as a two so no real  excuses.

[/quote]

Completely agree. He has absolutely no idea of whats developing around him, not how to link people into the play. We play hoofball when Crouch is picked.... for that reason he should never grace an England shirt
[/quote]

Riddle me this, then.

Why do the Czech Republic not play hoofball to Jan Koller?