Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfaithful

Wembley roof??

I''m not blaming the weather for Wednesday night but can someone please explain to me why the roof was not closed on Wednesday?i''ve heard it costs about £10K every time it''s closed and opened?  i also heard that the roof is not to keep the rain out but angled to stop the sun coming in at certain angles during the summer?!?! I''m confused

i think im right in saying the roof is not actually designed to cover the whole pitch like the one @ the millenium stadium is, its designed manually to cover the stands and to do with some 21st century idea about letting more sun in like you pointed out,

so yeah, the roof cant close cause wembley doesnt have one, which i find very strange

The roof cannot be closed to cover the pitch; only adjusted to keep shadows off the pitch apparently. Seems totally pointless - don''t ask what happened at the FA Cup final!

I didn''t realise this about the roof not covering the whole pitch, surely this is ridiculous I wonder if the media know this. £800 million on a stadium that holds marginally more seats than the old Wembley.

As far as I can remember, the roof is designed to cover 3/4 of the pitch.

A lot of good that did...