Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Norwich and Norfolk - An Exercise In Boredom

Oh my God!!! This thread is becoming like a cruel addiction. I desperatley want it to end, but every time I see there has been a new post I can''t help but take a little peek.

Let''s just agree with all the comments made in the original post and that way "he" will never ever grace our Fine City ;-0)

fatman fat

ah don''t you relish the challenge though of educating old yankee?

so come on yankee, come on over and us lot will show you the finest city in the world, greatest football team, great pubs, lovely atmsophere, lovely blend of ancient and modern buildings, great shops - in fact the only negative thing i have to say about our city is the bus station is crap, but that is being replaced, so come on over yankee, i would be more than pleased to play host!!

Very generous of you gazza but my biggest fear that every one would want a piece of me and I don''t mean that in positive way. I might end up with an arm here, a leg there etc. I can get that kind of treatment in certain areas of New York City without the travel. I will add a hit to the PosterParty thread I started and see if we can get any interest. Not high so far given the number of posters that have now been identified. If I do come over I still have lots of family there so would likely stay with them.

yankee

let us all know when you are next visiting so we can take you into a genuine norwich pub - and even take in a game!!!

i think most of us jest when we insult each other on here - i cannot say i agree with most of your views on the game, but your posts are always entertaining and anyway if we all thought the same this board would be v boring

what do you do in NY city then and what part do you live in or do you live out in the sticks somewhere?

gazza, I am retired, living in the sticks in New Jersey. Actually northwest New Jersey is very pretty, hilly, filled with trees and lakes. With respect to your offer on a genuine Norwich pub, I''m glad to hear such pleasures still exist. I had thought they were a dying breed. Is it true that Norwich has more churches than pubs now? Surprising, given some of the venom that surfaces on this board on occasions. Even you, apparently, have the view of Norwich Cathedral. Good things must be rubbing off on you. Look how nice you are being towards me.

not a retired man of the church i trust yankee?

haven''t been to new jersey, sounds v nice - not much like norfolk then lol

we do really have some fantastic pubs here, right where i live i can see two of them, and there are about five within a ten minute walk, then you have the riverside complex with lots of bars, i tend to prefer an old fashioned pub myself, with real beer and food, the whole purpose of going to a pub for me is to talk, so any music on (if loud) spoils it for me, bloody hell i am getting old .............

as for the cathedral, yes i can see it as i type this, it is just across the river and sparkling in the morning sunshine (no i am not on something, don''t worry!), i am not a religious person, but it is a lovely place to look at - and as for being nice, of course i am nice, i am a norwich fan who lives where she wants to be, right near the ground et al, how could i be anything but?

more churches than pubs? no still more pubs - though a lot of the old ones are shut/transformed into theme bars or restaurants, but still enough watering holes for all of us

I noticed that no-one had posted on this thread today so on the theme of churches in Norwich which were mentioned in the last post I just wanted to say, AMEN.

P.S. 2153 views,not bad Yankee.