Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Danny Mills ??

What do all of you think about Danny Mills coming back to Norwich? If he didn''t demand mega-high wages, should we pursue?

Whilst he is a determined player I do feel that his disciplinary record is not what Worthy wants and would be very surprised if we signed him. Worthy needs players that are going to stay on the pitch as we would need all the players we can get to help our cause next season. Also it does seem to appear from the story on the Pink Un that his wages are a hell of a stumbling block for Middlesborough so dont know what sort of fee he is commanding. I say lets play it safe and leave him alone.

No way, his wage demand would be massive and if Middlesborough are not prepared to meet his demands then I''m sure we cannot afford him.

i would not buy him with necter points,let alone dosh.most over rated player in this division.

It would be very frustrated to see if Marc Edworthy didn''t have a chance to prove himself in Premiership again! Mills was traditional had a rough and aggressive affairs with fellow Premiership forward and I am afraid his once or twice lose the temper will increase our numbers of red-card...

was playing for england and isn''t now that made me come to the conclusion that...

he is a hasbeen!! no one wants him and he thinks that norwich are desperate to sign him.

get stuffed! we will not pay soo much money for a arrogant old man! i say that we show him how to be proud of being premiership and stuff him and go into the premiership fighting!!

i think he''s on silly money at leeds so no wonder he''d be happy to play for them for another season even if it is in "the championship". if he does move he''ll have to take a massive cut in wages wherever he goes - no one will pay him what he''s on at leeds. he''s the sort of player we need, experienced and tough but only at the right price.

I am very suprised at some people''s negative attitude on Danny Mills coming bck home!!

After all he is a local lad and a very good player.

I would love for him to come back.

I don''t want him back for many reasons.
Wages
He ain''t all that.
Too dirty.
Thought he was too good for Norwich before.
He''ll still be looking to move to the first team that comes knocking.
Hes a Sprowston boy - I was a Thorpe boy. We hated Sprowston! ;)

Herb

Worthy always works on the basis of "is the player better than what we have" I am doubtfull if Danny Mills is in that category so on that basis + his wage demands i think we will leave well alone.

Don''t want him, simple as that...

I''m with XXL16, let''s sing the praises of Edworthy, with a cracking season behind him and every chance to have another one now - the Culverhouse for the new millenium!!

Honestly I didn''t watch how Danny played for Norwich before, but in the Premiership when he played for Leeds and Boro, some of his TOO aggressive performance didn''t please the football fans. Perhaps he had to control his temper well before we should sign him back...

would love him back..simple..great player, would obvioulsy add to the squad in terms of quality and has bags of experiance, england etc.but wages will of course be a problem.

I would love him to come back, and I cant believe some of the negative comments on here regarding him.

He was unfairly treated when here before in my opinion, and as for saying "thought he was too good for Norwich" that is just ridiculous.

He was heckled unnecessarily in my view, and was often picked on for no apparent reason. This was back in the dark old days of Carrow Road atmosphere however, when it was not as positive as it has been in recent times.

He has got a temper, but Worthington can cope with that, and one thing that Worthington does look for in players is hard work, positive attitude and commitment. Mills has those qualities in abundance.

If a deal can be negotiated, then he would be a great signing.

Im in the sign him up camp.

IF he is prepared to fit into the current wage structure on a long term deal (hes 27 so a 4 year deal on less than £8k a week is reasonable) then sign him up. If he is not prepared to take a huge cut in wages or will not stay for longer than a year then he is not for us. NW might be able to calm his disciplinary problems too. He should be a more stable character as he is at "home" amongst his family and friends.

It would be great to go into the Premiership with at last England international from Norfolk in our side. If he will take a drop in wages to return then he will do a job.

There''s a long list of negatives:

High wages
The guy is a prat (alegedlly)
Poor discipline
Over-rated
Edworthy is better
Disloyal

One positive would be:

......er, can''t think of one.

He would be a useful addition to the squad. suspect that Edworthy may not be the one under threat as Mills can play in the centre and is getting to an age where he must consider doing that more and more.
However, all agents and players like to make out that there are loads of clubs in for them as it strengthens their bargaining hand when the serious talking starts. We are probably no more than a pawn in a larger game Mills is playing as I don''t think he is quite ready for a massive pay cut yet. Would be amazed if he signs.

Little point wasting time thinking about it.

Unaffordable for us.

There''ll be others that can in the mid/lower reaches of the Premiership - Everton, Bolton, Blackburn for starters.

End of story!

Had possibly the worst game i have ever seen a Norwich player have playing at Wolves under Mike Walker a few years ago when we lost 5-0 at Molineux in the dark days. I cant see he is any great improvement on what we already have. Would his head fit through the dressing room door anyway???