Sign in to follow this  
Mr Gradgrind

Ticket Office - What is going on?

Phoned up this week in morning 9.30am for additional ticket for Sat match.  On hold for 10 minutes despite being no 3 in the queue.

Don''t they want the business?  Do they only have one person in the ticket office at that time?  Perhaps people are enquiring about returning season tickets as per earlier thread.

Not only that BUT the recorded message told me that as of 9.15am that morning there were 500 tickets left for the Ipswich match on 4 November!!  What a way to run a business.

having done call center work its quite obvious you have little idear of how it works...

you can only answer the calls as fast as customer will let you.

there could be 100 people answering calls but you could still be number 3 in the que! it is only representative of the number of calls not yet answered. if those 100 advisors are all stuck on calls for 10 minutes because the customers have lots of questions, or are angry, or have many things to sort out then tough luck! do you really think they sit there and just let the phone ring all day?

jas :)

It''s just been going plain downhill since they changed the number to an 08700 from the old 01603. They just wanna make money out of the fans and don''t care about customer service. I would say it''s easier for me to just drive down there (40/45 minute drive) but the service in the office itself is a joke.

I bought 2 tickets for saturdays match last week, they still have not arrived. Will have to go into the ticket office to get re prints. Not for the first time this season.

[quote user="Mr Gradgrind"]

Phoned up this week in morning 9.30am for additional ticket for Sat match.  On hold for 10 minutes despite being no 3 in the queue.

Don''t they want the business?  Do they only have one person in the ticket office at that time?  Perhaps people are enquiring about returning season tickets as per earlier thread.

Not only that BUT the recorded message told me that as of 9.15am that morning there were 500 tickets left for the Ipswich match on 4 November!!  What a way to run a business.

[/quote]

Its about time they gave us the option to purchase tickets via a secure server

[/quote]

Its about time they gave us the option to purchase tickets via a secure server

That assumes there is only one person in the call centre answering calls.  ~

Having been a customer who calls various call centres of businesses, generally it is considered to unreasonable to wait 10 minutes.

If I do have to wait then why should I be listening to a message that says "as of 9.15am TODAY there are 500 tickets left for Ipswich match on 4 November" some 3 weeks ago. 

Presumably this is the sort of call centre you worked in.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife"]Its about time they gave us the option to purchase tickets via a secure server[/quote][quote user="FilletTheFishWife"]Its about time they gave us the option to purchase tickets via a secure server[/quote]You''d only end up buying twice as many as you needed. [:)]

The box office is appalling. The website is never up to date either. As a marketing professional I have pointed out my concerns to The Don. I suggest everyone else who has a problem wth the shoddy service complains to Donny or we will forever have to put up with bad service.

On and off the pitch the club is currently a joke.

I really hope that Glenn can get us out of this mess.

That assumes there is only one person in the call centre answering calls.  ~

Having been a customer who calls various call centres of businesses, generally it is considered to unreasonable to wait 10 minutes.

If I do have to wait then why should I be listening to a message that says "as of 9.15am TODAY there are 500 tickets left for Ipswich match on 4 November" some 3 weeks ago. 

Presumably this is the sort of call centre you worked in.

[/quote]

cant comment on the scum tickets fiasco.. that is poor of the club.. as for not waiting 10 minutes... i take it u have never called BT then.

jas :)

Pah.Only if the underlying application was badly written would it allow you to submit an order more than once, blah. Mind you, taking one look at the official Canaries (PTV) website, I see your point...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="FilletTheFishWife"]Its about time they gave us the option to purchase tickets via a secure server[/quote]

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife"]Its about time they gave us the option to purchase tickets via a secure server[/quote]

You''d only end up buying twice as many as you needed. [:)]

[/quote]

Ha ha ha blah blah blah

Yeah! I went to the ticket office once, and they''d ran out of haddock......I had to settle for a load of old codswallop......

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]

The box office is appalling. The website is never up to date either. As a marketing professional I have pointed out my concerns to The Don. I suggest everyone else who has a problem wth the shoddy service complains to Donny or we will forever have to put up with bad service.

On and off the pitch the club is currently a joke.

I really hope that Glenn can get us out of this mess.

[/quote]

I''m not sure if he can. Is he trained to answer phones?[:)]

[/quote]

Last time I listened to the recorded ticket info....probably early October they still had pre season friendly tickets available...however the delay in answering is probably due to explaining the countless permutations that you can currently get discounted tickets for forthcoming matches.....

Like....If you buy the entire block H, Jarrold Stand for the last five games of the season you can get tickets to all the reserve fixtures for free for the next 5 seasons...and other such value options

You really get the feel that NCFC is trying to squeeze the last drops of available money from the fan base at the moment...perhaps they have picked up the ''iceberg'' on the radar, which should make contact about April 2008.