Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

So is that it??

The issue that Roeder identified within the squad was a lack of leadership. Apart from Taylor (who is due to leave in a fortnight) we have a 18 year old striker, a 21 year old midfielder in the two key areas we really needed to strengthen. Evans and Pattison might be good players, but we have no margin for error and I don''t see a lot of leadership.

Another three players that stink of relegation snakepit... am sure you are not wrong... we will be down by Christmas... [:(]

I do wish you would cheer up a bit Smudger it is really so depressing to read your posts. You must be awful to live with.

I would have thought the problem with loan signings is how to blend them into a team. Maybe bring one new guy into a team but five! Its a bit like England isn''t it.

Everyone wants a quick fix these days. No one prepared to wait. For goodness sake Christmas is tomorrow how can you expect a manager (or a new Board for that matter) to correct the faults of the last two or three years that quickly.

I think GR should give up on trying to save the club from relegation this year and concentrate on promotion next year back to the Championship. Build a TEAM that will last.

My other team is Poland.... how many players can you name?

Exactly... Qualified as top of the group... ahead of Portugal...

This Wednesday he dropped Boruc/Smolarek/Kryznowek if you did know them... and played 8 under 24''s as we had already qualified.... still got a point in Serbia against their 1st 11...

Point is...

Its a team.... no superstars... a team... and one kid Zahorski (22) who made his debut was playing POLISH 4th division football till last April...

Trust Glen you numptys... its about the team those players make... not how big their names/egos are... or whether you have heard of them... its about what they do on the pitch... how they plug together to form a team... end of...

Judge it tomorrow...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

"Sorry, but who the bleedin'' heck were you expecting?  Besides, these players, at the very least, can''t be any worse than what we''ve already got, so be positive!"

Funny, that`s exactly what people were saying when we initially signed the current crop of rejects, freebies and cheapo`s. It`s a stuck record......

[/quote]

Then it''s in good company with all the other stuck records on here [:P]

Who were you expecting Mr Carrow [8-|][*]

Did you enjoy your holiday[H][ap][ip] Hope so but you seem even more Mr Angry[:@] since you got back[;)] Hope it didn''t [li][st]

[/quote]

Had a good one thanks Nutty, a week hiking in the Sierra de Grazalema near Jerez and perfect walking weather [:D]. Didn`t put me in the best of moods to come back to [st][li] i admit.....[um]

I didn`t expect any better than we got. The club has zero appeal to ambitious players and that is because it shows zero ambition. We are stuck in a negative downward spiral instigated by the board. Some of us warned what the likely outcome would be as it was happening but the same people who didn`t want to face up to it then are still spouting the same nonsense now and of course i am angry about it. This is because i am a passionate supporter of NCFC, not a spectator who likes to see a nice game of football in a cosy ground and i have no doubt that the likes of me are now a small minority.

As i have said before, apathetic City "supporters" will get exactly the kind of club they deserve. Enjoy.......

Glad you had a good time Mr Carrow[Y]

We don''t really know what we got yet do we? We didn''t get some of the big names bandied about on here, but then nobody else did, otherwise we could point to having missed out on them. So it''s possible we got the best available or it''s possible we got duds.

You are not alone in wanting a change of direction from the board and you are not alone in your passion for our team. Why do you assume that those of us who travel the country supporting our team are only spectators now, that''s insulting and if I reversed it and said that those staying away were merely glory hunters you would be the first to complain. I''m sure you are doing what you feel is right but then I''m sure I am too.

So maybe we should just agree that you are a passionate good time glory boy with the interests of the club at heart and in years to come fans like me will thankyou for your sacrifice of staying away and keeping your money in your pocket. Whereas I am a passionate spectator who travels the country supporting the team and spending my money, like you, on what I choose, and in years to come fans like you will thank me for continually spectating through all the disappointment.

Nice to chat again Mr Carrow [8-|][*]

Always a pleasure sir, never a chore[Y]

Fair enough Nutty, but you can`t get away from the fact that by continuing to attend you are tacitly supporting a board who`s "mistakes" and wrong priorities (which you largely seem to agree with) have created the mess we are now in. Of course a concerned supporter can still attend whilst making his criticisms and concerns known to the board and in that way help prevent history repeating itself again. It would also prevent them from coming across as a hypocrite [^o)]