Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

So is that it??

Martin Taylor, Mo Camara, Pattison and Evans?

So where are these big names to keep us in this league?

I had not really heard of any of them till there arrival, although I dont question there ability I would not imagine large wages being paid here! Yet more Prudence from our pathetic board. They constantly bring in cheap options and evrybody says great signing well done! Because they are cheap they tend to turn out no better than we have got.

I expected some proven names to walk us out of this disaster but No we have got more average prudence!! Pathetic.

I sure hope I am eating my words later today but I very much doubt I will be?

With England out I am now resigned to the worst season ever in football. Relegation and non qualification!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]

With England out I am now resigned to the worst season ever in football. Relegation and non qualification!

[/quote]

You aint the only one[:(]

Hopefully the boys in yella and green will turn it around.

I remember Mo Camara playing for Wolves, was really good, hopefully not lost pace and ability being a few years older.

I think we must wait until Jan for the bigger names Snakepit, there''s not a lot the manager can do on a very restricted loan deal. He''s said the players we have at present won''t keep us up, so I am sure he''s doing all he can to bring in better ones. Although, like you, I still question the board''s ambition, they are at least allowing Roeder to bring in some loan signings. But until we see them play we can''t really judge them can we?

Martin Taylor, Mo Camara, Pattison and Evans?

So where are these big names to keep us in this league?

I had not really heard of any of them till there arrival

[/quote]

Just what standard of player do you expect to attract to a team bottom of the league?  Taylor is a solid and experienced campaigner at this level; Camara was lauded as someone we should have gone after on this board when he left Celtic (indeed the failure to get him was given as evidence of a lack of ambition then); Pattison has a few first team starts in the Prem (although worryingly a friend of mine who has a season ticket at Newcastle says he is defo not up to regular first team standard); and as for Evans....have you seen the way another Man City kid Ishmail Miller is playing at WBA?

Just because you havent heard of them does not make them bad players - and if you havent heard of the first two you dont really know that much about football frankly.  Why not wait until we see them in action?  Afterall they cant be any worse than some of what we have already and at least we are now getting people in which up until recently we were led to believe was impossible.

These are realistic options for a club in our position (if only that were not true).

Fuzzy, Pboro,

As I stated "I do not doubt their ability" What I am saying is we desperately need a character such as Lee hendrie that can totally run a game alone. We are that bad!!

I do not play champ manager and no these players are not exactly well known! They cannot get in there teams one of which is Derby who are hardly a stable Prem team. They are yet to be judged but I expected more given the seriousness of our crisis such as a Lee Hendrie!

We don`t have a very good record with loans in recent years and when every single one of them came in people were posting positive things about them and chastising people for not being patient. The current influx are not in any way inspiring and look to be of a similar level to the flops of recent seasons. Obviously i hope they work out, but they hardly fill anyone with desperately needed confidence do they?

Fuzzy, Pboro,

As I stated "I do not doubt their ability" What I am saying is we desperately need a character such as Lee hendrie that can totally run a game alone. We are that bad!!

[/quote]

I think we should continue this after the Coventry game.

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"][quote user="Snakepit boys"]

Fuzzy, Pboro,

[/quote]

I think we should continue this after the Coventry game.

[/quote]

An excellent suggestion [:)]

Fuzzy, Pboro,

I do not play champ manager and no these players are not exactly well known! They cannot get in there teams one of which is Derby who are hardly a stable Prem team. They are yet to be judged but I expected more given the seriousness of our crisis such as a Lee Hendrie!

[/quote]

Bottom of the championship.. We are hardly an attractive club right now. Unfortuanetly if Roeder had not sorted any loans then he would get all sorts of stick. Im pretty happy with Taylor and Smith (Based on his QPR form), And the others I havent seen play yet.

I''m with you on this, Snakepit boys. When I saw Archant''s newspaper advertising sign with the headline screaming: "Hatrick Hero signs for City" outside a newsagents this morning, I stupidly became a little bit excited for a moment. I should have known better than to trust Archant''s hyperbole. I then went into the shop and picked up a copy of the EDP only to find it was yet another player I had never heard of before. Oh dear!

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]

I''m with you on this, Snakepit boys. When I saw Archant''s newspaper advertising sign with the headline screaming: "Hatrick Hero signs for City" outside a newsagents this morning, I stupidly became a little bit excited for a moment. I should have known better than to trust Archant''s hyperbole. I then went into the shop and picked up a copy of the EDP only to find it was yet another player I had never heard of before. Oh dear!

[/quote]

In all seriousness, can you give any examples of the sort of high profile Premiership players going out on loan to other struggling Championships sides who you think we are missing out on?  I dont find myself looking at the back pages of the paper and thinking "omg, why didn''t we get him" right now.  I wish we were getting bigger names in, but if they arent out there in the first place wanting to come....

Must agree with you though the headline was misleading if not exactly inaccurate, but hell - you gotta sell papers!

"Sorry, but who the bleedin'' heck were you expecting?  Besides, these players, at the very least, can''t be any worse than what we''ve already got, so be positive!"

Funny, that`s exactly what people were saying when we initially signed the current crop of rejects, freebies and cheapo`s. It`s a stuck record......

Only one person raised peoples expectations as to the quality of the players who would be joining and that was Roeder , maybe he should have kept quiet untill he had the players in the bag . As for the people brought in , well they all look very ordinary to me but as usual they have been greeted with mass hysteria by the gullible Norwich City fans (much like all Peter Grants were ) .Only time will tell , if they win games they are the improvement we need , continue losing and its just more money down the drain .

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

"Sorry, but who the bleedin'' heck were you expecting?  Besides, these players, at the very least, can''t be any worse than what we''ve already got, so be positive!"

Funny, that`s exactly what people were saying when we initially signed the current crop of rejects, freebies and cheapo`s. It`s a stuck record......

[/quote]

Then it''s in good company with all the other stuck records on here [:P]

Who were you expecting Mr Carrow [8-|][*]

Did you enjoy your holiday[H][ap][ip] Hope so but you seem even more Mr Angry[:@] since you got back[;)] Hope it didn''t [li][st]

a Burnley fan i know on another Board says that Camara will be a good player as long as he hasnt lost any pace.. if he''s slowed down then he might aswell pack up and go home as he is a bit "head down and go" like another left sided player we could name....

I hope they all do well for us...

Taylors off soon isnt he?

jas :)

why am i not shocked at all that everybody is disapointed with who we have got...oh yeh because everybody was stupid enough to think Nugent would come here now, or anichebie, or martins, the list goes on ...see the reality. not bad signings. players who play in poitions we are weak of at the minute. wasnt expecting any better.

Had you ever heard of Ishmael Miller? Was Ryan Shawcross a well known name? The Martin kid for Plymouth?

Unless you watched all the Youth Cups etc, no. Miller appears to be excellent- Shawcross I think got the player of the month award for the Championship- Martin was the Plymouth talking point after our last game.

However, this has an adverse effect on some players. Look at Chris Brown....

Well some people will never be happy. I am very pleased with the players he has brought in and to judge them before they have even got started is typical of the fans at the moment.

Or watching them play before building them up . dont forget most on here thought Grants signings were going to get us promoted this season . Confused [*-)]

Why do we need big names? i believe we had eleven of them playing at Wembley last night where did that get us?

what we need is teamwork, i think Roy Keane summed it up today when he said "good player''s don''t make a good team". i think Roeder will turn it around.

[quote user="The Drop"]Or watching them play before building them up . dont forget most on here thought Grants signings were going to get us promoted this season . Confused [*-)][/quote]

Of course! It obviously cuts both ways. All of which makes this thread a bit pointless doesn''t it. It''ll be more worthwhile after Saturday methinks. [:)]