Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Vince

Norwich v Coventry - match thread

Norwich City: Marshall, Otsemobor, Taylor, Shackell (c), Camara, Chadwick, Russell, Fotheringham, Pattison, Dublin, Cureton.Subs: Arnold, Croft, Brown, Doherty, Evans.Coventry City: Konstentopoulos, De Zeeuw, Hall, Hughes, Doyle (c), Adebola, Kyle, Osbourne, McNamee, Tabb, Turner.Subs: Marshall, Ward, Andrews, Cairo, Gray.

Back at Chelsea come Jan 1st.  Never seen him play but I guess he is one of those who Roeder suggested wern''t big enough for the battle.

We haven''t taken the lead in a game since September 15th when Strihavka scored the second half winner against Palace, oh dear!

More than 2 months!

It''s time to start setting some good records, come on City!!!

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Why on earth didn''t Roeder take Dublin off when we were 2-0 up? Especially with a game on Tuesday, and now he''s injured![/quote]2-0 isn''t exactly game over is it, especially for a team bottom of the league!

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Why on earth didn''t Roeder take Dublin off when we were 2-0 up? Especially with a game on Tuesday, and now he''s injured!
[/quote]

My opinion is that Roeder was sticking by Dublin. He wasn''t having his best game for us but Roeder showed he had faith in him by keeping him on. Shame about the injury but a good decision by the manager.

Just  back from the match, what a change they belived in themselves today,they are on the way back if i were a manager of any of the clubs down in the bottom half i would sit up and take notice because they are not going down without a fight now and i dont belive glen and co will let them get back into those dark days, i know one swallow does not make a summer but i sat there today and you could feel the passion not only from the players but also from the fans a good all round display from everybody. THE GREAT ESCAPE IS ON!!!!!!

good Performance today.. Patterson and big Mo did well.. Camara has a decent Cross on him and i think it will be useful during his time here.

Defence needs to learn to not drop so deep especially when we have a lead.

David Marshall got lucky Twice today! if the Coventry player had taken a touch instead of sliding in Marshall would of taken his ankles and given away a penalty, probably of been sent off.. he also ALMOST dropped it into his own net in Injury time.... again not inspiring me with confidence, i do feel he is a weak link.

Good shwoign for rusty today who deserved the MOTM he ran the midfield and broke play up very well when needed....

Cureton not so good, he scored but had a shocker i thought.

still 3 points but a hell of a long way to go... heres to 3 more tuesday.

jas :)

Cureton may not have played that well but the job of the striker is to score...and he did...so no one can knock him today. Pattison is such a good player, never knew he was this good. Sign him permanent Roeder before someone else claims him !!!

Lets not get carried away, Pattison was adequate.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]Cureton may not have played that well but the job of the striker is to score...and he did...so no one can knock him today. Pattison is such a good player, never knew he was this good. Sign him permanent Roeder before someone else claims him !!![/quote]

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

I''m glad Roeder has stuck with Shackell as captain, and he organised the back line pretty well today I thought.

[/quote]I didn''t see the game but heard the exact opposite. Taylor was screaming at him to move up - he kept dropping too deep? Bad choice for captain - players need to respect the captains decisions - would you respect a kid after 15 years of playing? Me neither.

Lets break this down:

Job of strikers- Score. Job of CF- Knock down, flick on.

Job of Wingers- Support the forward line.

Job of wide midfielders- Make the forward line''s job easier

Job of central midfielders- support the other positions as much as possible

Full backs- Support the wide play and the CBs where needed

Centre halfs- Make the goalkeepers job easier

Goalkeeper- Stop the ball going in the goal

Thats the basic idea of every position. We had no proper wingers yesterday until Croft came on- Pattison and Chad were wide midfielders. Curetons is a striker- he scored. Marshall (just about- that save backwards onto his own post was either sheer confident brilliance or utter Scottish madness) kept the ball out, and everyone did what they had to.

pattison was adequate??? name one player this season who has performed anywhere near as good as Pattison did, maybe Chads but thats about it. I doubt we''d have won this match had Pattison been missing. No, he''s the sort of player that has been missing this season and once other clubs sit up...he''ll be shipped out to them if Mr Roeder is slow off the mark in working out a deal for him.