Sign in to follow this  
Dexx

Team Ratings ?

Marshall - 7 - Assured display kicking and catching wise. Nearly let a late consolation in for Coventry but crucially slowed play down in the last 10 minutes when the game was getting pretty hectic.

Otsemobor - 6 - Some good blocks and slide tackles as well as providing some width down the right when Chadwick would cut inside, however, his defensive positioning is still questionable.

Taylor - 7 - Looks like the commanding centre back we need with tackles, distribution, heading and positioning all good. Bit slow at times but we should definately keep him until the end of the season.

Shackell - 6 - Some important tackles but often wasteful in possession which often created more pressure on our defence.

Camara - 7 - Solid debut and much better option than Lappin at left back, good going forward and provided an outlet in the 10 mins. Keep until the end of the season.

Chadwick - 8 - Was constantly a threat to the Coventry defence with his runs in behind as well as skill on the ball. Perfect outlet to have on your team when Hucks isnt available and looking to be one of our better players.

Fotheringham - 9 - Chases and harries. Unlike every other midfielder we have someone he can dictate and change the pace of a game. His passing was superb and really controlled the game and often most of the attacking moves came through him.

Russell - 9 - MOM - Another superb game for the '' new Holt'' and wins the ball well and today also looked reasonably assured on the ball with a few tricks before playing it short or switching play.

Pattison - 8 - Solid game and looks a good passer on the ball as well while also trackng back and making tackles. Not an out and out winger but provided the two goals with superb crosses on what looks like a good left foot.

Dublin - 7 - Good game, provides an outlet with his aerial threat as well as a defensive and attacking prowess at corners and set pieces

Cureton - 6 - Not one of his better games and was very quiet while often getting caught offside, however was a clinical finish to end the contest whilst also fashioning two more chances by himself

Subs: Croft - 7 - Some great runs and released the pressure in the final minutes well, also made a great break for Curetons goal

Brown - 6 - Little time to impress but made a few challenges to break up Coventry attacks.

Marshall 6 - Assured apart from a late moment of madness, maybe our luck is changing!

Otsemebor 6 - One or two iffy moments but also one or two very good bits of covering.

Camara 6 - Solid

Taylor 6 - Struggled a bit at times with both Kyle & Adebola.

Shackell 6 - Same as Taylor.

Fozzie 8 - Man of the match. Finally, a City midfielder who can pass the ball. Also brought some urgency to the team.

Russell 7 - Another decent game from Rusty who chased, harried and was generally everywhere.

Chadwick 7 - Roeder seems to be getting the best out of him. Took his goal very well.

Patterson 7 - Bit of a mixed bag, gave the ball away in bad areas on a couple of occasions but did create both goals.

Dublin 6 - Worked his socks off but got no protection at all from that idiot Durso!

Cureton 6 - Scored, had a couple of other chances but was offside at least 6 times.

Croft 7 - Another decent cameo from Crofty, involved in the second goal.

Overall a decent performance considering we had 2 points and 5 goals from the previous 11 games! A clean sheet is welcome too.

Marshall - 7 - was safe, expet for the bit where they hit the post

Otsemobor - 7 - i though his best defensive preformance, but wasnt quite as good upfront

Taylor - 7 - very good headers, had two big men to deal with, played well with shacks.

Shackell - 7 -  not very good passes/clerences, but won some good balls, against some hard strikers

Camara - 7 - better than lappin, not as good as drury in defence but good debut

Chadwick - 7 - sorry to say this, but as much as he tries, he didnt overally impress me, he ran on the ball, but only in space, he passes accuratley, but only when he wasnt under pressure, about as good as hughes

Fotheringham - 9 - He was there whenever one of our players got the ball, as an opotion, he passed bery accuratley, sat back and let rusty attack, won a few balls, and chased well MOM

Russell - 8 - very good chasing, and on the ball, got to attack more and showed how good he really is :D

Pattison - 8 - 2 assists, but needs to settle a bit, still a very good game happy he is hear, lets buy him :D

Dublin - 7 - got fouled, but won whatevr he could, he also did a couple of clever back heels what a cheeky monkey :D

Cureton - 6 - not too good, ok goal, could have scored oone or two more, offside too much

Subs: Croft - 7 - alright, only one good run acroos the pitch to pass to patty

Brown - 6 - still dont like him ,never will even if he scorees a hatrick every game

Marshall - 8 - made some creaking saves

Otsemobor - 7 - He''s a crecking rightback very fast aswell.

Taylor - 7 - I hope we can keep him till the end of the season.

Shackell - 7 - played ok

Camara - 8 - solid performence today keep him till the end of the season.

Chadwick - 8 - better then croft i say but not as fast as croft.

Fotheringham - 9 - same as russell

Russell - 9 - superb today got his foot in to everthing all over the place KEEP IT UP RUSTY

Pattison - 8 - He different player to huckerby but i about as good as he is.

Dublin - 7 - played well but should have bin takin of early.

Cureton - 7 - caught offside to many times but great goal

Subs: Croft - 6 - didn''t really see him.

Brown - 5 - didn''t have another time to do anything.

Marshall - 6, ALMOST cost us the win! if that Coventry player had taken a touch instead of commiting himself when he took it past Marshall he''d of bought him down.. also nearly dropped it in his own net.. still a flapper, still not confidence inspriing.. reckon he''s going to get found out soon.

Otsemobor - 6 - still looks like a winger being played out of position but his first touch was sharp today.

Taylor - 7 -Assured at the back.. doubt we will get him for longer but a premiership quality defender and a joy to watch.

Shackell - 6 - needs to concentrate far better and look for a pass instead of a punt.

Camara - 8- worked very hard with a great cross! if he can keep this up get him here permanently!

Chadwick - 7, nicely taken goal but drifted out of the game a little..

Fotheringham - 7 good showing... good to see him back and a hard worker.

Russell - 8- MOTM- good player! i like Rusty and good to see him back to his old self, broke play up and kept his passing simple.

Pattison - 6, hist 1st touch is so good that his second touch is a header! looked good with the balkl at his feet but cant see the "he''s the next huckerby" comments! he failed to beat anyone when dribbling but is an intelligent passer.

Dublin - 7 good effort, think the legs were feeling it towards the end

Cureton - 5! Shocking performance! yes he scored but he almost hit the bar with it! think he was coming off till then and didnt contribute anything at all!

Subs: Croft - 6 - not long enough to contribute

Brown - 6. not long enough to contribute but did miss a header and a tackle in his 4 minutes on the pitch! lol!

jas :)

they all played well bar 1 or 2, but Pattison and Fozzy were in a class of their own, thank god we now have 2 players willing to work hard. I''m still hoping to see Evans in action and i think against Blackpool would be an ideal time to test him out.

Coventry were poor and it was a midfield stalemate game but once we took the lead we never looked like losing it.  2 good goals and commanding at the back;  confidence building and something to move forward on.  Is that what a win feels like!

Marshall  -  6 solid yet flaky at the same time - clean sheet must be a relief

Otsemobor - 6 still so much to worry about

Taylor - 7 in command against a physical pair and lead to early sub of Kyle

Shax - 6 secure without being commanding.

Comara 6 - Solid at left back again - at last.  Did that bloke behind me really say we didnt need him because we had fozzy and lappin to cover drury????

Chadwick - 7 Cool finish and showed why he should continue to start ahead of Croft.  Did drift infield too often for my liking.

Fozzy 7 MOTM - tireless - but crucially wanted the ball and to be at the centre of things;  transformed the midfield.  Still ring rusty and not everything came off but will only improve

Rusty - 6 so much endeavour for so little output;  one to move when hux fit again?

Pattison - 7  Was even worse for chadwick for drifiting infield,  especially in the first half;  touches of class with his crossing whcih lead to both goals;   prepared to tackle so really looking forward to seeing him in the middle with Fozzy on Tuesday.

Dublin - 5 Can he please concentrate on his own game rather then everyone elses?  So busy trying to organise forgot he was there to be a target man;  won little in the air (cureton 1v1 apart), link up play was poor and only real chance from corner was well off target.  I am glad he is enjoying it but the fact he closed his eyes when challenging the keeper and was then so slow getting out that the ball went in off his backside was for his disallowed goal summed up a performance that was not enough Dion Dublin and too much dean coney - with awareness not amusement he could have got back onside and had a simple tap in - fortunately it was not costly.  

Cureton - 5  Will someone remind him of the offside rule;  its getting ludicrous;   finally remembered how to hit the target after two good chances - poor effort when 1v1 against the keeper.     

We won the midfield today and that was the difference. With a midfield performance like that we will no longer make teams like bristol city and ipswich look good. We made an average Coventry look poor. The goals were good if not spectacular but a win is a win and now we need to get these performances coming in week after week.

Marshall  -  7 - Merely because some of his saves were excellent. He made too many boo boo''s this week and we were lucky that they didn''t cost us. His kicking is woeful again. Luckily it didn''t hurt as much as other games as our midfield typically won the second ball but against better teams this could put us on the back foot.

Otsemobor - 6 - He is great going forward but defensively he is shaky. He was lucky chadders had a good defensive game today and that he was playing against an even smaller version of mc veigh.

Taylor - 8 - Towering performance at the back. He commands the defence well and we need this guy in permenatently. His leadership will see us with more clean sheets. He had to work hard today, a really on form adebola gave him a run around but never threatened. Once he got onto Kyle it was goodnight for him. Good stuff.

Shax - 6 - Looked uneasy against the brute of kyle but his pace and positioning helped him as the game got on and more stretched. He coped well today against two quality strikers.

Comara 6 - Alrite if not spectacular on his debut. Defensively he didn''t have much to do and didn''t give much away but didn''t get forward too much till right near the end, although he put some lovely whipped crosses in.

Chadwick - 7 - Good solid performance. I still feel that croft should start over him at home. His bad tendencies come out too often: too defensive and drfiting in to the centre far too often. Away from home is where he''ll best be suited but took his goal well and did a lot of work.

Fozzy - 8 MOTD - Superb and the key today. He made the difference. He commanded the midfield and put the ball where we needed it. Didn''t shy away from the tackles either and combined today with rusty saw us dominate all the play.

Rusty - 7 - He huffs and puffs and gets all the dirty work done. His tackling and running today should not be underestimated. His runs created space out wide and up-front and too often this guys contribution is over-looked. You need 2 players to win you a midfield battle and this guy played a big part.

Pattison - 8 - Wow! A left winger who finally gets the ball in the box. Great stuff. Couldn''t find any faults really, he got back well, tackled, made runs, passes and crosses. His set-pieces were good. Lappin who?

Dublin - 6 - When you have nothing you can do then it''s hard to look good. Every decision was against him. He was fouled constantly and he had to run 30 yards for every kick from a poor marshall. This guy is after all 39 and it took it''s toll on him. I''d rather have seen marshall realise he just can''t get the ball to him and worked about the team getting the ball lower to him. He works hard for the team and makes space and does everything that brown doesn''t do when brown just charges round the field like an idiot.

Cureton - 6 - Again not much you can do when every offside goes against you. At least two of the first half decisions were wrong. I do think the linesman see a yellow shirt past the line of defence with the ball and think "oooo pretty colours... offside". I feel sorry for him because even when he was checking his runs he was offside. He scored and did some great channel runs. Hopefully some of the bad decisions will stop flying his way.

Subs:

Croft - 6 - Great runs

Brown - N/A - Not enough time

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Coventry were poor and it was a midfield stalemate game but once we took the lead we never looked like losing it.  2 good goals and commanding at the back;  confidence building and something to move forward on.  Is that what a win feels like!

Comara 6 - Solid at left back again - at last.  Did that bloke behind me really say we didnt need him because we had fozzy and lappin to cover drury????

Chadwick - 7 Cool finish and showed why he should continue to start ahead of Croft.  Did drift infield too often for my liking.

Fozzy 7 MOTM - tireless - but crucially wanted the ball and to be at the centre of things;  transformed the midfield.  Still ring rusty and not everything came off but will only improve

Rusty - 6 so much endeavour for so little output;  one to move when hux fit again?

Pattison - 7  Was even worse for chadwick for drifiting infield,  especially in the first half;  touches of class with his crossing whcih lead to both goals;   prepared to tackle so really looking forward to seeing him in the middle with Fozzy on Tuesday.

Dublin - 5 Can he please concentrate on his own game rather then everyone elses?  So busy trying to organise forgot he was there to be a target man;  won little in the air (cureton 1v1 apart), link up play was poor and only real chance from corner was well off target.  I am glad he is enjoying it but the fact he closed his eyes when challenging the keeper and was then so slow getting out that the ball went in off his backside was for his disallowed goal summed up a performance that was not enough Dion Dublin and too much dean coney - with awareness not amusement he could have got back onside and had a simple tap in - fortunately it was not costly.  

Cureton - 5  Will someone remind him of the offside rule;  its getting ludicrous;   finally remembered how to hit the target after two good chances - poor effort when 1v1 against the keeper.     

[/quote]

You serious about Rusty Zipper?? He deserved his Man of the Match, I thought it was his best performance since coming back to City. He made many tackles, came away with the ball when often surrounded by two or three opponents and made strong forward runs that we haven''t seen since the early Holt days. If you really want him replaced by Huckerby then it''s relegation I''m afraid as our midfiled (Fozzy apart) would be non existent. Russell has been unfairly slagged off by many fans this season when he''s worked his socks off usually having to do two mans work because his partner has been woeful!

BUT, I do agree with you about DD, I thought he was way below his best yesterday. I know you have slated Cureton since he too returned to City and I do agree he was only average yesterday. He created two good openings for himself only to shot wildly and his goal was just a knock in but then again that it was good strikers are all about being in the right place at the right time.

Zipper, there is a difference between the wide players we have. Chadwick, Lappin, Pattison- they are all wide midfielders. This means they work back, forward, support the central players.

Huckerby, Croft- these are wingers. They support the forward line as much as possible. They dont really do defending.

So now, we have two game plans- one more long term, for a graft-type game, the other for putting pressure on teams.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Subs: Croft - 6 - not long enough to contribute

[/quote]Apart from making the second goal with a run from his own half, a 1-2 with Dublin and pass out to Pattison who supplied the cross for Cureton.You do talk rubbish sometimes, Jas.

Dont understand why so many people are giving dublin 7 and cureton 5. Fare enough cureton didnt have a avery good game but it was dublins job to feed cureton and he didnt do that yesterday! I do like dublin as a player but not really was a striker as a center half. I wana see what the new boy Evans plays like with cureton!!! Dont get me wrong though DUBLIN 100% ledgend!!

[quote user="city boy 4 life"]Dont understand why so many people are giving dublin 7 and cureton 5. Fare enough cureton didnt have a avery good game but it was dublins job to feed cureton and he didnt do that yesterday! I do like dublin as a player but not really was a striker as a center half. I wana see what the new boy Evans plays like with cureton!!! Dont get me wrong though DUBLIN 100% ledgend!![/quote]

Cureton was the worst City player on the pitch. a few nice touches from deep, but missed two gilt-edged opportunities.

I''d have given Taylor MOTM. If we hadn''t have had him at the heart of the defence against two bruisers we would have lost comfortably.

Russell had his best destructive game in a long while - he was up for a battle, gave his all and actually put tackles in for the first time in along while.   However as fozzy showed you can do that and then also both want the ball from your centre backs and then pass it to a fellow player.  

At his best Holt did all three and help make us a champions side;   Rusty at last was committed and effective in breaking play up but a footballer has to do more than just effort,  otherwise we would have a team of 11 Andy Hughes. 

I agree that Hux is not a wide left player;  but based on Sats performance I am not sure Pattison is either - he was very keen to come inside;  unusually so did Chadwick on Sat which at times left us with a very mis-shapen and narrow midfield leving us with no options when one was needed so good moves broke down trying to break through a packed middle.

With his tough tackling,  good touch and ability to pass I can see him doing everything Rusty did and the bits extra I am looking for.   We should stick with a solid 4-4-2 (the shape and dedicated midfielders) was key to our success on sat but should we play without our best footballer in Hux,  perhaps lappin on the left an hux up front with Dublin/Brown/Evans as an alternative?

i didn''t go but i have been told about the game by friend and this is what i gather:

marshall 6 - done his job although he had a couple of slips near the end

otsemobor 6 - done his work going forward but still lacks the defensive qualities we really need (edworthy)

taylor 7 - another solid performance from tiny

shackell 6 - seems to relish playing with taylor but still looks very shakey at the back, is his time running out as a starter??

camara 7 - good debut, looked comfortable at the back and going forward

chadwick 7 - a real threat now with a run in the side, proved that he is much better than croft

russell 7/8 - a real trier and worker, gives everything he has to the team and credit to him for that, a bit like hughes but with more quality

fotheringham 7 - never rated him or liked him but by the sounds of things had a very good game and can clearly pass the ball, but last season he couldn''t, a breath of fresh air and like having a new player

pattison 7/8 - set up two goals and is providing healthy compeition for midfield places along with croft, huckerby, brellier and smith

dublin 6 - a big threat and causes problems up there but de zeeuw had the measure of him i think

cureton 6 - did nothing really all game and then popped up with a goal

overall performance 7/10- a workman like performance from all concerned, the opposition weren''t great but we did the job and beat the team in front of us, can we go on from here and get on a run, (away from home!!!)

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]

Marshall - 7 - was safe, expet for the bit where they hit the post

Otsemobor - 7 - i though his best defensive preformance, but wasnt quite as good upfront

Taylor - 7 - very good headers, had two big men to deal with, played well with shacks.

Shackell - 7 -  not very good passes/clerences, but won some good balls, against some hard strikers

Camara - 7 - better than lappin, not as good as drury in defence but good debut

Chadwick - 7 - sorry to say this, but as much as he tries, he didnt overally impress me, he ran on the ball, but only in space, he passes accuratley, but only when he wasnt under pressure, about as good as hughes

Fotheringham - 9 - He was there whenever one of our players got the ball, as an opotion, he passed bery accuratley, sat back and let rusty attack, won a few balls, and chased well MOM

Russell - 8 - very good chasing, and on the ball, got to attack more and showed how good he really is :D

Pattison - 8 - 2 assists, but needs to settle a bit, still a very good game happy he is hear, lets buy him :D

Dublin - 7 - got fouled, but won whatevr he could, he also did a couple of clever back heels what a cheeky monkey :D

Cureton - 6 - not too good, ok goal, could have scored oone or two more, offside too much

Subs: Croft - 7 - alright, only one good run acroos the pitch to pass to patty

Brown - 6 - still dont like him ,never will even if he scorees a hatrick every game

[/quote]

WHAT ARE YOU ON?

How could you come out and say that?

Daftest comment i''ve read this season![:^)]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Agree with all this especially Cureton but I think Russell had a good game 7/10

Found these player ratings on the TimesOnline and I think they''re fair enough:

Norwich City: Marshall 7, Otsemobor 7, Shackell 7, Taylor 7, Camara 6, Pattison 7, Russell 8 (STARMAN), Fotheringham 7, Chadwick 7, Dublin 6, Cureton 6.

They didn''t score neither of the subs, so I will:

Croft (on for Chadwick, 72 mins) - 6. Contributed nicely for the goal.

Brown (on for Dublin, 89 mins) - not enough time to really assess, sorry!