Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

There's never anything on the BBC...

""Earlier this year the Evening News reported how Delia''s expertise helped the Canaries'' land recognition as the third best club in Europe for its food in a survey of 1,000 fans.
Only Arsenal and Barcelona were thought to serve up better grub.""

"

OH DEAR OH DEAR.........what a shame that Citys "Grub" comes before our football............................

OTBC

In PR terms this may not be Delia''s finest moment.  The outcome of this programme (whatever you think of her stewardship of the club) will be to yet further reinforce the stereotype that the only thing about little old Norwich is the catering.  The way things are on the pitch this season I think she would have been better served paying more attention to football matters.

I''m actually cringing at the thought of this TV show.If it isn''t done ''properly'', it could quite easily make us look a laughing stock.

Should be interesting viewing. I''m actually quite pleased, series like Big Ron Manager, and in particular Football Diaries (about 2 years ago on BBC, was a fantastic insight into many different sides of football) have always made me wonder what happens at CR. We might now find out...

[quote user="MK Canary"]I''m actually cringing at the thought of this TV show.If it isn''t done ''properly'', it could quite easily make us look a laughing stock.[/quote]You''re not the only one dreading the thought of this.I can imagine the Ipsh*t supporters already =/

It annoys me as it plays up to the idea that Delia Smith = Norwich City.  Using the club for some more publicity yet again, keeping the "little Norwich City" view alive and well.  I''d be okay with it if it includes her hissy fit at the AGM, but I fear the BBC will treat her with the admiration they used to accord the Queen Mother.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]It annoys me as it plays up to the idea that Delia Smith = Norwich City.  Using the club for some more publicity yet again, keeping the "little Norwich City" view alive and well.  I''d be okay with it if it includes her hissy fit at the AGM, but I fear the BBC will treat her with the admiration they used to accord the Queen Mother.
[/quote] Indeed, the AGM transmitted to the entire nation would certainly fill the vacant sit com slot on a Friday evening.