Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Murray off to Hibs?

www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=364348

Hibs have been linked with a move for ex Captain Ian Murray in one of this morning''s tabloids.

According to the report,
Murray has failed to settle at Norwich City after his move south from Rangers in the summer.

The player has struggled with illness and injury since suffering from reactive arthritis in October 2006.

He has also struggled with illness since moving to Championship side
Norwich City in August.

Apparently
Norwich would not be difficult to deal with and John Collins seems to be interested in bringing the former captain back to Easter Road.

loool i love this bit:-"Murray

has been capped 6 times for Scotland and was also the Scotland U21

captain with a bright future ahead of him, until he signed for

Rangers………"
Hilarious, so because he moved to Rangers from Hibs, his bright future ended. Clearly a Hibs fan writing that report!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=364348

Hibs have been linked with a move for ex Captain Ian Murray in one of this morning''s tabloids.

According to the report,
Murray has failed to settle at Norwich City after his move south from Rangers in the summer.

The player has struggled with illness and injury since suffering from reactive arthritis in October 2006.

He has also struggled with illness since moving to Championship side
Norwich City in August.

Apparently
Norwich would not be difficult to deal with and John Collins seems to be interested in bringing the former captain back to Easter Road.

[/quote]don''t need him ,goodbye

i agree you dont need him

but amazes me how 3months ago murray n strikhava were both hailed as brilliant players who could take you to the next level

looks like roeder at the moment is using loans sensibly mind you

I feel a bit sorry for Murray as he looks an OK centre half but has been used at left back and left mid where he is very poor.

Clearly, he must be better than he has shown in his limited opportunties as his 6 caps show.

Having said that if we can get a small fee of £100K or so for him then this will be enough to sign Camara or Patterson (both out of contract end of season) in Jan.

We''re fighting relegation -- I''d rather sustain the numbers in the squad and hold on to him.

But preferably he should only ever be fielded as a centre-back.

murray was ok at centre back - just awful elsewhere.  also concerned he lacked a champs engine.  probably best for him and city if he went - taylor is a must for me.  hope we can keep him until jan at least. mo - whata debut - slotted in like he''d always played here - must be a good sign of a good player and worth keeping.

if he can replaced sell!!! if not hold him to him incase of injuries/suspension... no loss if he does go

Take that clown Marshall with him!

jas :)

Murray hailed by who? Why are you here anyway? 

[quote user="we8wba"]

i agree you dont need him

but amazes me how 3months ago murray n strikhava were both hailed as brilliant players who could take you to the next level

looks like roeder at the moment is using loans sensibly mind you

[/quote]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]murray was ok at centre back - just awful elsewhere.  also concerned he lacked a champs engine. 

probably best for him and city if he went - taylor is a must for me.  hope we can keep him until jan at least.

mo - whata debut - slotted in like he''d always played here - must be a good sign of a good player and worth keeping.
[/quote]

we''ve had drury for so long i didn''t realise a left back could play so well!

He has been terrible when not playing at centre back,  where he has been adequate,  or good squad cover.   With Taylor here we dont need Murray,  but if Tiny returns we are back where we started with just Dion as cover for centre back after shax and Doc;  that simply is not good enough.   He can only go if we sign taylor

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

He has been terrible when not playing at centre back,  where he has been adequate,  or good squad cover.   With Taylor here we dont need Murray,  but if Tiny returns we are back where we started with just Dion as cover for centre back after shax and Doc;  that simply is not good enough.   He can only go if we sign taylor

[/quote]

I''d much rather Murray stayed put to be honest. I reckon that even if we did extend Taylor''s loan, we''d still need him as quality cover which I believe he is. He seems very calm and assured in that position.

Dion in my opinion is better as a starter alongside Curo right now.

[quote user="Barnzy"]Another one of Grants misfits, bloody useless, get rid asap.[/quote]

Well that''s constructive!!

I agree that he shouldn''t be played left back but I haven''t seen him at midfield so can''t comment. However, when he has played centre back I feel he ''s looked at least ''adequate'' and probably better than that. He tackles and passes better than Shacks and doesn''t have that infuriating habit of rugby tackling any player who goes past him (Doc) so why not look to partner him with Taylor??    

I think Murray is getting a bad slating here, we could do far worse at centre back especially as the chances of us being able to afford to sign Taylor must be remote in the extreme!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

It''s ridiculous isn''t it? We get a temporary solution in at CB who does well and suddenly everything''s great and we can start offloading players! When tiny goes back, we will need Murray available at CB.