Sign in to follow this  
Farkes The Herald Angels

Roeder and Wilkinson

I cannot make many comment about what goes on on the pitch because I lnow ive other side of the world. But I read what Roeder has to say and it makes for impressive reading.

I like the fact that her refers to other sports and what leadership is all about. The Jonny Wilkinson references were a good example of this.

Football needs to learn a lot from other sports (as do other sports from football).

But, when you hear someone referring to excellence in leadership, to the need for understatment, in leading by example (in relation to Shackell) it makes you think that we have someone as our manger who takes the whole football pardigm into a new space.

He may not be the world''s most charismatic PR darling, but I like what he says. And I like the fact that he mixes his passion with intelligent points of view and the fact that he is looking at broader influences than the fairly limited ''role models'' of leading football mangers.

Ultimately he will, of course, be judged on how we perform. But, he seems to be someone who not only has a deep passion for doing things well, but for how everybody feels about how we perform. His comments about how the supporters, players and management feel about success and failure is evidence of this.

He is - at the core it seems - a club man and a team man and he cares about our club and already appears to have a deep sense of affection fot the club.

That doesn''t replace good tactics, good signings and a good commercial sense, but it sure helps to ensure that whatever decisions he makes related to these three areas are more likely to yield positive end results.

He is a quiet, unassuming man who cares deeply. That seems to me to be in synch with the basis of what has always made this club what it is. What makes people from Norforlk who they are.

Cause for guarded optimism

We often put the ball over the bar, rugby fashion.....................................[;)][:D]

OTBC

"He is - at the core it seems - a club man and a team man and he cares about our club and already appears to have a deep sense of affection fot the club.

That doesn''t replace good tactics, good signings and a good commercial sense, but it sure helps to ensure that whatever decisions he makes related to these three areas are more likely to yield positive end results.

He is a quiet, unassuming man who cares deeply. That seems to me to be in synch with the basis of what has always made this club what it is. What makes people from Norforlk who they are.

Cause for guarded optimism"

He certainly talks teh talk, but so did the last manager, unfortunatly Peter Grant never backed up anything he said in his actions. Glenn Roeder certainly seems to be doing the business at the moment.  Time will tell however as his long term record is extremely poor indeed.

I could hardly agree more with you Kevin. Right on the button for the most part.

What I love about him most are, I think,  his insightfulness and analytical powers.

And of course the ability he has to think on his feet and talk without using football cliches. This to me is pure bliss.

I do hope for our club and himself that he is successful.

I suspect that we have a man who will soon be ''bigger'' than the board - one hopes that they can reform themselves and deal with it because he has Prem written all over him.

I haven''t felt so nervously optimistic for a long while.

Well done Andrew Turner.

OTBC

Good post...

btw can you remember the save you made against Rodney Marsh when he played for QPR? It was Barclay end and the goal was at his mercy. I was right behind his shot. Not only did you dive to your right and save it but you caught it too...even Rodders had a wry smile on his face. Such moments are great memories made of...

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

"He is - at the core it seems - a club man and a team man and he cares about our club and already appears to have a deep sense of affection fot the club.

He certainly talks teh talk, but so did the last manager, unfortunatly Peter Grant never backed up anything he said in his actions. Glenn Roeder certainly seems to be doing the business at the moment.  Time will tell however as his long term record is extremely poor indeed.

[/quote]

CJF.

If you can''t distinguish the huge qualitative difference between Roeder''s talk and Grant''s talk then.......

Further, I would suggest that your characterisation of Roeder''s ''long term record'' is factually and comparatively incorrect - but feel free to promote it if you think that it will boost your fence-sitting.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

CJF.

If you can''t distinguish the huge qualitative difference between Roeder''s talk and Grant''s talk then.......

Further, I would suggest that your characterisation of Roeder''s ''long term record'' is factually and comparatively incorrect - but feel free to promote it if you think that it will boost your fence-sitting.

OTBC

[/quote]

Bly, this post is spot on in my opinion. Grant came in and talked, talked, talked, talked, shouted, shouted, shouted etc etc. It didn''t work.

Glen is calmly but firmly putting his point across. Show me a manager that hasn''t has a couple of bad seasons! It would be the mark of a brave man to say "he may have failed before, but I trust him".

Give it a go, CJF and don''t rely on Wikipedia to calculate if you should trust him or not.