Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ben

Are the board in the right?

Ok firstly please note i was very anti board till last night untill i started thinking about it. Look at it this way.

We got relegated with:

Crystal Palace and Southampton

Both of whome are in serious financial trouble (i mean worse than norwich)

We will find out in January wheter or not if it has paid of at all  by the spending and selling done then. IE if we have to sell players and not but such as the other two then it was never any benefit however if we can spend then surely we r better of than the other 2.

Now if the board sold up we would be in an even better position but isnt this the same for every team in the league?

Of course it is it is just that some people dont realise this and think because we are not top of the Premier League we need to protest and unsettle everyone.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

4 words

Look at the table.

[/quote]

Ummmmmmmmmm yeah we are bottom...

But look on the bright side oh Alex... We are going to win the league... Things start from today or last Saturday...

We are going to spend £2million to £5million in the transfer window and clinch the league title with a 10-0 victory at Hillsborough on the last day of the season...

Altogether now... "Always look on the bright side of life!!!"  [;)]

No they have not be right Ben.

It is blatently clear for everyone to see in the last few games, and since the appointment of Roeder, an experienced Manager, with his own back room staff, and the introduction of some decent loan signings, that investment in the team brings results on the pitch. Simple really and its no coincidence. You get what you pay for and you deserve what you get if you are not prepared to pay.

Until the appointment of Roeder the board have been incompetently "hoping" (and how many times have we heard them trot out that word) that they could get away with spending the minimum on the more riskier football side of things whilst investing as much money they had available into "safer" infrastructure developments - and they haven''t got away with it - they got exacly what they deserved a team at the bottom of the championship heading for relegation.

We are now in a position through this incompetence (and yes it is incompetence) that they are going to have to spend more money on getting the club out of this hole than they would have if they had consistently invested over the past 4 years. January will be a very telling time for this board, will the Turners step up to the mark, will the board throw footballing prudence out of the window an invest in the team, or will we let all the loan players go back and try to struggle on to the end of the season and "hope" we stay up ???

All questions i''m really looking forward to getting an answer to.

Of course if we had Smudger and his clan as Chairman and Directors we would be top of the Premiership, playing in a stadium which holds 95000 people, have Â£200m in the bank, John Terry, Cristiano Ronaldo, Steven Gerrard etc in our starting line up and would be regularly winning the Champions League.

It is shame our board cannot achieve all that good old Smudger would but at least they are trying.

[quote user="The Judge"]

It is blatently clear for everyone to see in the last few games, and since the appointment of Roeder, an experienced Manager, with his own back room staff, and the introduction of some decent loan signings, that investment in the team brings results on the pitch. Simple really and its no coincidence. You get what you pay for and you deserve what you get if you are not prepared to pay.

Until the appointment of Roeder the board have been incompetently "hoping" (and how many times have we heard them trot out that word) that they could get away with spending the minimum on the more riskier football side of things whilst investing as much money they had available into "safer" infrastructure developments - and they haven''t got away with it - they got exacly what they deserved a team at the bottom of the championship heading for relegation.

We are now in a position through this incompetence (and yes it is incompetence) that they are going to have to spend more money on getting the club out of this hole than they would have if they had consistently invested over the past 4 years. January will be a very telling time for this board, will the Turners step up to the mark, will the board throw footballing prudence out of the window an invest in the team, or will we let all the loan players go back and try to struggle on to the end of the season and "hope" we stay up ???

[/quote]

Absolute rubbish.

You can easily spend, say, £5 million on players & watch it go straight down the toilet. Life has taught me the opposite to "you always get what you pay for", sometimes you do, but if you''re relying on a high price as a guarantee of quality then you''re in for a lot of disappointment. Your own research & evaluation is the best way.

Look at the millions the top clubs have wasted on players; it doesn''t matter to them, they can write it off. Not so NCFC.

Anyway, this whole argument doesn''t make sense; if they are obsessed with penny-pinching, why not just promote Duffy? Has Glenn spent millions? But the team looks vastly improved''

The mistake they made was in appointing the wrong manager last time.I had reservations about Grant at the time, but didn''t know enough about him to make a valid judgement; like most people, I wanted to give him a chance. Hindsight is a wonderful gift. Glenn looks like the real deal, but we won''t know for certain for a while yet.

[quote user="The Judge"]

[/quote]

Excellent post

[quote user="The Judge"]

[/quote]

Well Said.

Football is a thankless risky business with inherently more failures than successes. Undoubtedly wrong decisions have been made wrong with the benefit of hindsight. However, it is a lot easier to sit here and pontificate than it is to put one''s own cash in the business, invest time and make decisions. Clearly they recognise that the previous manager was a mistake and have gone for a very different manager this time. Similarly, they have clearly recognised that the current squad was not good enough and have made money available to strenghen the squad. Successful business people like the directors make mistakes because mistakes are inevitable if you are willing to take risks in an uncertain world. The key is to recognise the mistakes and take action which does seem to be happening. I have a feeling that the directors are putting in more of their own money, however it is not for me to say how others should spend their money.

Spot on Judge. I hope that the events of the first part of this season have been the kick up the proverbial that this Board of Incompetence needed. I''m sure somewhere in my business life I''ve come across a saying about people in business who rely on ''hope'' as their only tool with a link from that to certain failure but I can''t find it. And I know it''s early days but hasn''t Roeder shown up Worthy and Grant for the incompetent buffoons they were from Worthy''s last two years onwards and all of Grant''s reign. Nothing complicated - a simple and consistent system, competent players brought in to play in their correct position with tactics and a game plan they can understand, like for like substitutions made when needed and well-motivated from kick-off. Simple really isn''t it!

i am not certain what the comparison with Crystal Palace and Southampton is about,all 3 have under-achieved since relagation,it is an excercise in comparitive failiure.

The teams we should be looking at are the six teams that have been subsequently been relegated,two of whom have been repromoted,three of whom are chasing automatic promotion and one of whom is 3points of the playoffs.

These are the teams we should be looking at and trying to emulate,not be wringing our hands and making excuses about how tricksy it is to get out of this league.and hoping that if we end the season on a level of mid table mediocrity with two other perenial underachievers.

It is now nothing more than a historical footnote that Crystal Palace and Southampton,got relegated the same season as us. It has no bearing on either our league standing or their finances.