Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Tuesdays game is massive

I know all games are important when you are in our current situation but looking at the league table (just a short glance is enough) Tuesday nights game with Blackpool is massive in our quest for survival.

Once you get past Scunthorpe (17th -20pts) I can''t see any of the other teams falling in to the relegation mire. This leaves 3 from 8 looking at relegation. we are 8pts away from Scunthorpe and with our goal difference thats 3 wins!

Cardiff, QPR and Palace will probably have financial backing if required to help their causes (hopefully so will we) and I would expect them to improve once the games come thick and fast due to the size of squads. ( again I would hope we fall into this catogary)

This leave Preston, Colchester and Blackpool with Scunthorpe I think catching Preston (even with the manager impact) is on the cards.This will obviously not be enough to give us survival

Colchester seem to be a little bit in free fall but have always relied on their home form so may recover but again have a small budget and a small squad which may hinder them over Christmas. Leaving us 3rd from bottom?

Blackpool are the ones though they have a game in hand and are 4 points ahead (and outside the relegation zone) if we can get 3 pts on Tuesday we will be only 1 point behind and with the confidence coming back to the team. If we lose then it''s 7pts and a game in hand.

I feel that we need to be outside the relgation zone before the Loanees are returned (if that''s what is going to happen?) to then push on for the commfort of mid table, this may also attract other players?

So as you can see IMO Tuesday is a must win game. Am I panicing or correct Your thoughts?

It''s also massive in terms of being an away game we should win, yet our away form is so terribly poor that it''s hard to see it being a straightforward victory.  If Roeder can get even a point away from home, it would be a start.  Most of our points will come at home, but we must put some away points on the board if we''re going to get even close to climbing out of this mess.

(Slightly off topic) - it''s also massive in terms of seeing how Roeder sees Huckerby.  Luxury item, or essential?  It''ll be hard to change yesterday''s side, but hard to leave him out.Problem being, how to fit Huckerby back into the team?  He''s the one creative spark we need and if we can get him playing, it''ll be great.  But how does he fit into a 4-4-2?  Or do we play 4-5-1 and block up the midfield, usingHuckerby      Pattison    Russell    Fotheringham    CroftIf we do, I can''t see Cureton playing up front on his own.  Tricky.

Huckerby      Pattison    Russell    Fotheringham    Croft

Leaving no place for Chadwick, No thanks Hux on the bench(if he really must come back in) keep "the TEAM" together. which means all in it together.

But you see, Huckerby was the creative spark. Now Pattison and Fotheringham are in, they''ve shown an amazing aptitude for the passing side of things. Is he destined for a quiet exit?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Relax, I''ve sorted it.[;)][/quote]

Glad to see your magical talents back on form yesterday Wizard, it had appeared the power of your wand was wilting recently...Do your hexes travel all the way to the North West though?

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Huckerby      Pattison    Russell    Fotheringham    CroftLeaving no place for Chadwick, No thanks Hux on the bench(if he really must come back in) keep "the TEAM" together. which means all in it together.[/quote]I do tend to agree, and arguably midfield width is more important at home than away.I think it will be interesting to see what Roeder does, as this will be a big indication of where Huckerby''s future lies.  The rumours of a move to the USA are already doing the rounds.

Good post, it''s certainly a game we can''t afford to let Blackpool win. Despite their position, Blackpool haven''t lost at home yet this season and we haven''t won away, so I''d settle for a point.

The best type of problem for the manager is asking himself who to play, in other words not just playing people because they all thats available. With Hucks back soon...that opens a can of sardines for midfield starts, great news for Roeder...it''ll just make the midfield work twice as hard as was shown by Russell this weekend who must have woken up and smelt the beans by having his best game of the season. I''d keep Hucks for sure, maybe use him sparingly..sub maybe...keep him free of injuries and red cards and bring him on when the oppo looking tired. If he starts setting the game alight like we all know he can...then who''s the winners?