Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Protest Postponed

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I totally agree with your decision Smudger, respect and well done.

Hopefully it will go ahead next time though, as we all know it must.

[/quote]

As stated above it has merely been postponed.  It will now take place on Tuesday December 4th prior to the Plymouth match and prior to the Sheff Utd game the following Saturday (regardless of whatever the results may be between now and then).

Those who think I have bottled it can think again... It is just a POSTPONEMENT in respect of Graham Paddon & his family, and also the many fans who would not wish to see anything taken away from their day.

It will not be called off again on December 4th FULL STOP mate.

If the ones saying that I don''t have the balls for it would like me to re-consider we could always put it on again???  (this last line is a joke by the way for those of you with a sense of humour bypass).

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

As stated above it has merely been postponed.  It will now take place on Tuesday December 4th prior to the Plymouth match and prior to the Sheff Utd game the following Saturday (regardless of whatever the results may be between now and then).

Those who think I have bottled it can think again... It is just a POSTPONEMENT in respect of Graham Paddon & his family, and also the many fans who would not wish to see anything taken away from their day.

It will not be called off again on December 4th FULL STOP mate.

If the ones saying that I don''t have the balls for it would like me to re-consider we could always put it on again???  (this last line is a joke by the way for those of you with a sense of humour bypass).

[/quote]While we''re in the business of congratulating you for your restraint, I''d like to thank you for only using caps lock for 3 words in the last post, the sign of a more reflective and calmer individual.I think your anger management is starting to show progress, well done ! [:)]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]Will you be there?

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Will you be there?
[/quote]

If I lived in Norfolk yes, I would most definitely be there.

Will you?

I don''t get this new found ''respect'' for smudger..

My level of "respect" for Smudger has more than doubled from what it was, due to his Protest Postponement actions.

[quote user="djc"]

My level of "respect" for Smudger has more than doubled from what it was, due to his Protest Postponement actions.

[/quote]

My level of respect is always higher for someone who actually DOES something. What action have YOU taken?

Or do I take it you''re happy with things at the club? So you''re either accepting of appalling standards, or just lazy. Perhaps both.

Great.

[quote user="waveneyblockc"][quote user="djc"]

[/quote]

My level of respect is always higher for someone who actually DOES something. What action have YOU taken?

Or do I take it you''re happy with things at the club? So you''re either accepting of appalling standards, or just lazy. Perhaps both.

Great.

[/quote]All that most of us can do waveney, is hope that Glenn Roeder earns our respect with some great results.  Fans can only have a limited effect.

[quote user="waveneyblockc"][quote user="djc"]

[/quote]

Great.

[/quote]

Hey waveneyblockc, you go do the maths!        two times zero equals ???

Whilst I appreciate that Smudger has changed his mind here there is nothing to congratulate or fete him for, unless he apologises for his comments of the 19/11/07 as below he deserves no respect.

This comment was possibly the most disrespectful thing ever, attempting to link the tribute of a player''s life to their own ends as "It''s what he would have wanted" - Sadly nobody knows one way or the other.

Perhaps if Smudger does wish to pay tribute to  "a true City great and stood for everything that has been good about NCFC over the last 30 years or so" then perhaps he will make that walk from the Murderers on Saturday and purchase a ticket to take part in the minutes applause. No one would mind if he did not stay to see the game, it would be his choice, after all it remains a free country.

Part of the "Call off the protests as a mark of respect" thread - page 2

"The proposed plans for Saturday 24th November will go ahead as planned...

Another vain attempt by those with no balls to put a halt to matters... and frnakly I find it disgusting that those of you out there would hind behind a City heros death to further your own agendas...

All protesters (if any at all) will also mark the Passing of Graham Paddon and pay our respects with a minutes silence... but don''t for one minute think that this is going to let those in the boardroom and the sheep who support them off the hook.

Surely Graham would want what is best for the future of NCFC as a football club right???"

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

Whilst I appreciate that Smudger has changed his mind here there is nothing to congratulate or fete him for, unless he apologises for his comments of the 19/11/07 as below he deserves no respect.

This comment was possibly the most disrespectful thing ever, attempting to link the tribute of a player''s life to their own ends as "It''s what he would have wanted" - Sadly nobody knows one way or the other.

Perhaps if Smudger does wish to pay tribute to  "a true City great and stood for everything that has been good about NCFC over the last 30 years or so" then perhaps he will make that walk from the Murderers on Saturday and purchase a ticket to take part in the minutes applause. No one would mind if he did not stay to see the game, it would be his choice, after all it remains a free country.

Part of the "Call off the protests as a mark of respect" thread - page 2

"The proposed plans for Saturday 24th November will go ahead as planned...

Another vain attempt by those with no balls to put a halt to matters... and frnakly I find it disgusting that those of you out there would hind behind a City heros death to further your own agendas...

All protesters (if any at all) will also mark the Passing of Graham Paddon and pay our respects with a minutes silence... but don''t for one minute think that this is going to let those in the boardroom and the sheep who support them off the hook.

Surely Graham would want what is best for the future of NCFC as a football club right???"

[/quote]

What?

Just because I think differntly to you?

Who is to say that Graham would not of supported a protest if he was still with us now?

Maybe I miscalled the situation initially, maybe I didn''t and it was the other side who have blown things up out of all proportion.

Fact is that I backed down because I would not wish to see ugly scenes on the day a City great is remembered.  I still believe that if Graham was here he could well of been in support of a demo also.

Are all those that have threatened those who would of possibly turned up for a protest just as guilty as those who may of attended then???

[quote user="lurd"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="lurd"]bottler![/quote]

Was this post meant to be a joke ? I hope so ( even if it is in poor taste ). If not it shows a lack of respect for one of City''s best ever players even if., as I suspect, you''re too young to have seen him play.

Many of us on here don''t agree with Smudger, who I doubt ever saw Graham play either, but we all agree that he''s done the right thing in postponing the protest.

Well done Smudger

[/quote]

I''m sure anyone with half a brain could see it was a joke, much like this thread.

[/quote]

Re : Half brains and jokes........I''m sure that anyone with half a brain doesn''t make '' jokes '' involving City heroes who have just passed away, do they ?

What?

Just because I think differently to you? No because you were and still are implying that you know best, and the rest of the world is incompetent.

Who is to say that Graham would not have supported a protest if he were still with us now? As I said, sadly Mr Paddon is no longer in this world to comment - I use the term correctly as sadly I did not know him personally, I do not know if you were a friend of his but if you were not please use a less familiar tone.

Maybe I initially miscalled the situation, maybe I didn''t and the other side who has blown things up out of all proportion. From this it appears that you still believe that you are an innocent party in this and claim that "it''s not me its the others" maybe it is because the press/police contacted you and advised you not to go ahead with the protest - the letter certainly was not written by you, because it has a syntax and grammar that is far beyond your normal pontifications (as with this post - I have corrected your spelling for you in this response). 

The fact is that I backed down because I would not wish to see ugly scenes on the day a city great is remembered.  I still believe that if Graham was here he too could well have been in support of a demo. Nothing to be applauded in this - you should have done so on Monday rather than accuse those of us with a genuine sense of shock of using the sad news to our own ends whilst simultaneously claiming an affinity for your views from the player. - You are entitled to your belief but please do not report it as fact. 

Are all those that have threatened the others who would have possibly turned up for a protest just as guilty then? Yes of course they are - but equally they too are simply expressing an opinion, an opinion that there should not be a protest on Saturday but respect should be given.

So - Would you answer my question please? - Where will you be at 3pm Saturday to give your minutes respect to a City Legend?

I hope my diligence in answering each of your points will allow you to extend me the courtesy of a reply, in English, to my simple question on your respect for a city legend.

Many thanks

Match and Ticket information can be obtained from - 0870 444 1902.

''I still believe that if Graham was here he could well of been in support of a demo also''Unless you knew him, you have no right to say that. Stop trying to use the passing of GP to your advantage.Have some respect.

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

What?

Just because I think differently to you? No because you were and still are implying that you know best, and the rest of the world is incompetent.

Who is to say that Graham would not have supported a protest if he were still with us now? As I said, sadly Mr Paddon is no longer in this world to comment - I use the term correctly as sadly I did not know him personally, I do not know if you were a friend of his but if you were not please use a less familiar tone.

Maybe I initially miscalled the situation, maybe I didn''t and the other side who has blown things up out of all proportion. From this it appears that you still believe that you are an innocent party in this and claim that "it''s not me its the others" maybe it is because the press/police contacted you and advised you not to go ahead with the protest - the letter certainly was not written by you, because it has a syntax and grammar that is far beyond your normal pontifications (as with this post - I have corrected your spelling for you in this response). 

The fact is that I backed down because I would not wish to see ugly scenes on the day a city great is remembered.  I still believe that if Graham was here he too could well have been in support of a demo. Nothing to be applauded in this - you should have done so on Monday rather than accuse those of us with a genuine sense of shock of using the sad news to our own ends whilst simultaneously claiming an affinity for your views from the player. - You are entitled to your belief but please do not report it as fact. 

Are all those that have threatened the others who would have possibly turned up for a protest just as guilty then? Yes of course they are - but equally they too are simply expressing an opinion, an opinion that there should not be a protest on Saturday but respect should be given.

So - Would you answer my question please? - Where will you be at 3pm Saturday to give your minutes respect to a City Legend?

I hope my diligence in answering each of your points will allow you to extend me the courtesy of a reply, in English, to my simple question on your respect for a city legend.

Many thanks

[/quote]

To answer your points...

Point 1:   I will use which ever tone I choose to use.

Point 2:   I have had no contact with the police and it has been myself that has contacted the press over this whole matter (not the other way around).  Also the letter was written by me... maybe in my busy schedule I have more time for constructing a well formed article that is going to the press for print (although obviously their proof readers may tidy things up a little).  It sure as hell beats the moderating on this message board where particular posters are targeted, with the final result being a post appearing that is very different gramatically to the post which they originally submitted.

Point 3:   The fact is that I backed down because I would not wish to see ugly scences on such a day, not because I knew that Graham was unhappy with those running the club also .  I still believe however that if Graham was still here perhaps he would of supported such a protest.  I don''t know the man personally but he was a winner.  Why should you think any different?  Do you know him personally?  Were you best of buddies?

Point 4:   I will be very near Carrow Road but not actually in it paying my respects in my own personal way.  Why should I be putting money in to the current boards pockets in order to say that I have paid my respects to Mr Paddon?

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]''I still believe that if Graham was here he could well of been in support of a demo also''

Unless you knew him, you have no right to say that.

Stop trying to use the passing of GP to your advantage.

Have some respect.
[/quote]

Just as those of you who say that he would not of wanted one have used it to your advantage hey???

Lets face it... you got what you wanted for the time being...

But it will still be going ahead prior to the Plymouth and Sheff Utd matches...

In the meantime I am sure that another two or three defeats will follow and our club will almost be relegated prior to the start of December.

Then all those who have supported the board and used any excuse going to halt prospective demos should take a good hard look at themselves.

Until then..... [:#]

Don''t think it''s so much that people have stated that GP would not have been happy with a protest, or even would have approved.  But for gods sake if that was my father that had passed, or my partner, being at the ground and then hearing chanting and booing, it would indeed be very upsetting.  I always try to put myself in other peoples shoes in these sorts of situations.  Grieving is hard enough for friends and family, as I know from first hand experience, of those that have passed, so cannot imagine how chanting etc would impact on that already deep grief.

No one will ever know how GP would feel because sadly he is no longer around to tell us, so unless you know him personally and were close to him as his family were, then no one has a right to say he would/or would not have approved.

Saturday will be a celebration of GP, his life, his acheivements and the fact that he was a very much admired player, not only for NCFC but other clubs too.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="sxcanaree"]

What?

Many thanks

[/quote]

To answer your points...

Point 1:   I will use which ever tone I choose to use.

Point 2:   I have had no contact with the police and it has been myself that has contacted the press over this whole matter (not the other way around).  Also the letter was written by me... maybe in my busy schedule I have more time for constructing a well formed article that is going to the press for print (although obviously their proof readers may tidy things up a little).  It sure as hell beats the moderating on this message board where particular posters are targeted, with the final result being a post appearing that is very different gramatically to the post which they originally submitted.

Point 3:   The fact is that I backed down because I would not wish to see ugly scences on such a day, not because I knew that Graham was unhappy with those running the club also .  I still believe however that if Graham was still here perhaps he would of supported such a protest.  I don''t know the man personally but he was a winner.  Why should you think any different?  Do you know him personally?  Were you best of buddies?

Point 4:   I will be very near Carrow Road but not actually in it paying my respects in my own personal way.  Why should I be putting money in to the current boards pockets in order to say that I have paid my respects to Mr Paddon?

[/quote]

As if to beautifully illustrate my point... yet more editing...  [;)]

ohh ahh they don''t like it up em!!!

Why sell half a story???

Maybe you would like to give me another break from this lovely PC friendly,tinternet world???

As a mark of respect to Mr Paddon, I will not be on here taking the pee out of my fellow fans after yet another woeful display and defeat tomorrow...  [;)] 

Smudger wrote:

My response:

I thought this post was rather more lucid than your usual drivel.

Obviously only the moderators and yourself know what your original post said, perhaps if it isn''t defamatory the moderators will post un edited so we can all laugh.

My comment on Mr Paddon was not concerning your beliefs but your disrespectful attitude. You state that you do not know him but still decide that this gives you the right to call him "Graham" this is disrespectful.

Hopefully your method of paying respect is not imoral, illegal or dangerous to health but knowing you as well as I do Mark I cannot be sure.

Smudger, the more you I realise what a self centred fool you are. In this post you have stated you backed down due to pressure from real supporters NOT because you could see anything wrong in what you were doing. This is the main reason I am annoyed with you and as for all these people with new found respect for you for God sake read Smudgers post''s digest what he writes, think about it, and then post. Prediction for Saturday Norwich 3 Coventry 1 OTBC

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

Smudger wrote:

My response:

I thought this post was rather more lucid than your usual drivel.

Obviously only the moderators and yourself know what your original post said, perhaps if it isn''t defamatory the moderators will post un edited so we can all laugh.

My comment on Mr Paddon was not concerning your beliefs but your disrespectful attitude. You state that you do not know him but still decide that this gives you the right to call him "Graham" this is disrespectful.

Hopefully your method of paying respect is not imoral, illegal or dangerous to health but knowing you as well as I do Mark I cannot be sure.

[/quote]

I said that I would not slag fellow City fans off today, so this will be my only post until tomorrow...

So is you calling me Mark not disrespectful Sxcanaree?  Because you don''t know me from Adam... maybe you should call me ''Mr Smith'' or by my user name on the ''Pink Un''?

Have I ever broken the law Sxcanaree, or is that just more inflamatory c**p used in defence of your ailing defence of our board???  [+o(]

I don''t see why you want to protest against delia and the board! If it wasnt for delia putting millions of HER OWN money into the club we would already be in league 1! So just grow up and SUPPORT the club not protest about anything you can think of to do with Norwich City Football Club!

[quote user="yella belly"]

I don''t see why you want to protest against delia and the board! If it wasnt for delia putting millions of HER OWN money into the club we would already be in league 1! So just grow up and SUPPORT the club not protest about anything you can think of to do with Norwich City Football Club!

[/quote]

Hah im not even going to bother with this one.....over to whoever wants to explain whats happened to this club and how it use to be....[:S]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="yella belly"]

[/quote]

Hah im not even going to bother with this one.....over to whoever wants to explain whats happened to this club and how it use to be....[:S]

[/quote]In Arthur''s world, we used to be a well run club that was always in profit and finished every season in the top five of the top division, rather than the provincial hopefuls always there for the taking by local businessmen that attract little if no interest from ''outsiders'' that we actually are.Whatever pills you''re taking, can we all have some?