Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Protest Postponed

[quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]

Norwich City Supporters Trust (www.ncst.org.uk) www. Ncst.org.uk currently holds over £23,000 worth of shares in the Football Club which is more than some of the current Board of Directors at Carrow Road 

[/quote]

im not 100% certain on these things but as they own more shares then certain board members doesnt that Effectively mean they own more of a percentage of the club than these board members? and therefore should be on the board in place of them?

jas :)

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote]

Sure Roeder is having a little honeymoon period. Prove it

[/quote]

He won four and drew one of his first six games and I distinctly remember everyone saying how much better we were playing.

[/quote]

Don''t think you got what i mean''t there Graham, have edited it to make it clearer [;)]

[/quote]

What I meant was that Grant had a good start when he took over and Roeder''s having the same effect. It doesn''t mean it will last - it didn''t with Grant - it could do, it''s encouraging but I think we shouldn''t get too carried away just yet.

Or have I misunderstood you again?

[/quote]

I''m not getting carried away. And am certainly not saying we are out of the woods, but am cautiously optimistic. But knowing what i know about Smudger on here, it was obvious he was stating that it''s a cert we''ll go back to poor results before long, hence ''honeymoon period''. I''m simply saying prove it''s only a honeymoon period, because he can obviously see into the future* and with such a special talent it''s nice of him to confirm we''re going to fall off the rails again very shortly...is that ok for you Graham?.

*Like last season when we got relegated to Div 2...He got that right didn''t he? ;) 

[/quote]

Okay, I think my brain is working now, I''ve got it [;)]

I come on this message board to hear the views of our fellow supporters about the Club which we love. So we are bottom of the league, well, yes, football has ups and down''s like life! Am I the only fan who is enjoying this season much more than the sterile predictable one we had in the Prem? I for one am not in less bit interested if ''smegma'' or ''chick'' or whoever are ''protesting''. I am not for or against. I could not give a flying ----. But carry on with the interesting constructive views about the club, the players, etc etc, As for the Board, lets hear who you want in their place, their credentials, and their Strategy, plan of action.   

[quote user="corbs"]I come on this message board to hear the views of our fellow supporters about the Club which we love. So we are bottom of the league, well, yes, football has ups and down''s like life! Am I the only fan who is enjoying this season much more than the sterile predictable one we had in the Prem? I for one am not in less bit interested if ''smegma'' or ''chick'' or whoever are ''protesting''. I am not for or against. I could not give a flying ----. But carry on with the interesting constructive views about the club, the players, etc etc, As for the Board, lets hear who you want in their place, their credentials, and their Strategy, plan of action.   [/quote]

So will the sheep still be bleating when we are bottom at Christmas and come January when yet again peanuts are given to our manager to perform miracles with a struggling understrength squad?

Protest prior to Plymouth game is still going ahead as planned...

6:30pm meet at ''The Murderers'' to walk down to the ground at 7pm.

The Gardeners Arms P.H. (The Murderers)

2/8, Timber Hill, Norwich, NR1 3LB

http:/www.themurderers.co.uk

I am also looking for somebody to meet me on the night and take the lead in organising future protests against the board starting prior to the Sheff Utd game next Saturday (as due to unforseen circumstances I will now be unavailable on Saturdays for the foreseeable future).

If anybody would like to help pick up the lead in organising these protests then please e:mail me on sparkyms74@hotmail.com

Regards,

Mark Smith

PS...

After being extremely busy with y new business etc I have not had chance to pick up my mail in my hotmail account.

I have done so today and believe that Radio Broadland have tried to be in contact to publicise that this protest may be going ahead.

I have called and left a message for them to contact me this evening and told them that I ma definetely prepared to lead a protest against the board this coming Tuesday.

Smudger, you run your business and we will go on supporting our team. The club needs loyal support and that''s what it will get.

Your protest will come to nothing. Why are you not available on Saturdays for something you believe in? Had second thoughts maybe.

The board are not blame free - let''s wait to see what happens in January. Should they not give Glenn Roeder sufficient funds and he should leave, then the protests will happen, should you be there or not. We at last have a manager who can turn this around and get our club back to somewhere near it''s best. Why don''t you try supporting it?

Mark Smith wrote on 27/11/07 "There will be no cancellations"

Mark Smith writes today 1/12/07

I am also looking for somebody to meet me on the night and take the lead in organising future protests against the board starting prior to the Sheff Utd game next Saturday (as due to unforseen circumstances I will now be unavailable on Saturdays for the foreseeable future).

My response:

Chick Chick Chick Chicken, Lay a little egg for me, Chick Chick, Chick chick Chiken Lay a little egg for me....

OTBC 

Sorry Smudger but you''re all mouth and trousers, you say you''re doing all these protests and then all of a sudden you''re not available to do them on Saturdays and want someone else to take them over.

I honestly can''t believe that anyone in their right mind will turn up on Tuesday never mind Saturdays, we''ll all be too busy supporting our new manager and our revived team.

Ring the radio stations, write to the press but you know as well as we know that you''re going to look a right pillock.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sorry Smudger but you''re all mouth and trousers, you say you''re doing all these protests and then all of a sudden you''re not available to do them on Saturdays and want someone else to take them over.

I honestly can''t believe that anyone in their right mind will turn up on Tuesday never mind Saturdays, we''ll all be too busy supporting our new manager and our revived team.

Ring the radio stations, write to the press but you know as well as we know that you''re going to look a right pillock.

[/quote]

Well cityangel, that might be an improvement for Smudger.

Seeing the thread on Smudger makes me wonder where Cluck has gone. I haven''t seen Rudolph Hucker lately either. Perhaps they are on vacation.

Strange that they disappear at the same time isn''t it ? [:D]

Ha. at last it''s been proved, It''s official Smudger is a bottler. We have had weeks and weeks of Smudger spitting venom at anybody who disagrees with his rantings (rather like his Marxist eutopia). ''I can protest any day you like as long as its not Saturdays bit like a vicar saying I can preach any day of the week except Sundays, PLEASE!. Well at least we know that this stupid protest will now be put to bed, and we will not have to take Smudger rantings seriously any more, Yippee

I''m not surprised that he has bottled it. He only wrote to the paper to publisise his painfully badly organised protest after continued pressure from Arthur and has really only ever been interested in the effect of his posts. Now he knows that his protest is going to predictably fall flat on its face he wants out before he looks even more of a one man band who couldn''t run a whelk stall than he does already.

Why don''t you just stay in the pub Smudger? After all thats where you spend your Saturday afternoons now isn''t it - and no doubt will continue to do so if the truth were known. 

perhaps someone should contact the club about this and let smudger march onto the pitch. it would solve any half time entertainment issues.

[quote user="Polar1990"]perhaps someone should contact the club about this and let smudger march onto the pitch. it would solve any half time entertainment issues.[/quote]I think Morrisons would have a late run on close-to-sell-by-expired veg if that were to occur.

It does really Jas, you have opened a huge can of worms. Shares are as follows, in total as there are two types, ordinary and b preference. Figures below taken from latest accounts:

Munby has 244 in total

Delia and Michael have 100 each individually and 330,334 more between them.

Mr Foulger has 20,600 shares

Doncaster has 104 shares

The Turners have 100 each and 5,000 between them.

So the Supporters Trust should, morally perhaps be offered a seat on the board. Why have they not been asked, or have they asked the board?

Maybe someone can help with this?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Polar1990"]perhaps someone should contact the club about this and let smudger march onto the pitch. it would solve any half time entertainment issues.[/quote]I think Morrisons would have a late run on close-to-sell-by-expired veg if that were to occur.[/quote]

Blah, are you saying that Morrisons are sponsoring the game tomorrow night with a BOGOF special offer?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]It does really Jas, you have opened a huge can of worms. Shares are as follows, in total as there are two types, ordinary and b preference. Figures below taken from latest accounts:

Munby has 244 in total Delia and Michael have 100 each individually and 330,334 more between them. Mr Foulger has 20,600 shares Doncaster has 104 shares The Turners have 100 each and 5,000 between them. So the Supporters Trust should, morally perhaps be offered a seat on the board. Why have they not been asked, or have they asked the board? Maybe someone can help with this?[/quote]

When people haven''t realised that B Preference shareholders don''t have the same voting rights as Ordinary shareholders then it makes me think about what skills could a member of the Supporters Trust bring to the NCFC. board. The current board members all bring skills of running businesses (of various types) , most can lend the club money (e.g., Turners £2m, Foulger £180k, Delia & MWJ have lent money in the past) and Mumby brings his PR skills to the table. Its not all about the size of your ordinary shareholding, can the Supporters Trust lend the club say £1m.?

[quote] Its not all about the size of your ordinary shareholding, can the Supporters Trust lend the club say £1m.?[/quote]Currently, it can''t.  But - if 10,000 fans clubbed together 100 pounds each, every season, in exchange for a seat on the board, then it could. 100 pounds is less than 20% of the cost of a season ticket.  It''s all down to whether there is the will and the ability within the support base ( a 1.8 million pound share issue suggests there is) to raise this kind of money, and how much the people running the trust are willing to promote their agenda within the press.  If myfootballclub.co.uk can raise 700k for Ebbfleet, and possibly more in seasons to come, then I see no reason why Norwich fans couldn''t do something similar on a yearly or bi-annual basis.  I am fairly certain that there are people within the clubs'' fan-base, and who are regular season-ticket holders, who could and would be happy to offer their expertise given the chance.

How do you know what skills or not abound within their organisation. So the board members all run businesses, so do many of us. I have some ordinary shares so can vote; as do some people of my acquaintance, amongst those are many business people who would be more than capable of holding discussions with the current board members.

Also, there are currently some members on the board who haven''t loaned anything, and are in fact paid to sit on it. Munby''s PR skills? Please!!

Yes agreed Blah and I would be happy to give up £100 for such a cause. I think the fanbase is widely underestimated. We are not all budding business tycoons, true, but some of us have more than enough to contribute to help our club.

Here is one for you Smudge, not raining on your parade or anything, but making sure you area aware of this bit of law, sad I know, but doing the job I do, I know about this. Anyway, here it is, you do need to do this or you could find yourself in trouble, albeit minor one, but nerveless trouble.

Written Notice of public processions.

Any proposal to hold a public procession intending to:

(a)    Demonstrate support or opposition the views or actions of any person; or

(b)   Publicise a cause or campaign, or

(c)    Mark or commemorate an event

Requires a written notice delivered to a police station:

(i)                  In the area where it starts, or

(ii)                If it starts in Scotland, the first area it enters in England, stating

(1)   Date

(2)   Time

(3)   Route, and

(4)   Organiser’s name and address.

The notice may be delivered by hand or post.

By hand not less than 6 clear days, or as soon as practicable.

By post not less than 6 clear days by recorded delivery (S.7 of the interpretation Act 1978 under which a document sent by post is deemed to have been served at the point of posting does not apply)

S.11 (7) PUBLIC ORDER ACT 1986.

If you done this, then well done, although I don’t agree with this, but if you have not, then beware of it.

Biggle