Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Protest Postponed

[quote user="yella belly"]

I don''t see why you want to protest against delia and the board! If it wasnt for delia putting millions of HER OWN money into the club we would already be in league 1! So just grow up and SUPPORT the club not protest about anything you can think of to do with Norwich City Football Club!

[/quote]Delia DID NOT save us. the legendary Geoffrey Watling did. and in his will, he wrote off all money that the club owed him, can you see your precious Delia having that clause in her will? No, so you think she''ll sell all her shares for nothing do you? NO, so how exactly is she going to lose out? How is it that shes put millions in with no hope of return? oh wait, she hasn''t....Millions of her own money - THAT SHE''LL GET BACK when she finally sells up and gets the hell out.....If it wasn''t for her throwing the club''s money at the hotel and her restaurant, then we might still be in the PREMIER LEAGUE!!!I will always support the club and don''t support the protests, but i respect their reasons for it. They are supporting the club by wanting what''s best for NCFC and not letting the cook get away with prudence without ambition. 14years ago we were 3rd in the premier league, a year later we were beating Bayern Munich at the Olympic Stadium. Now we are languishing in the lower reaches of the second tier of English football. 3years ago we were back in the Prem. We may be small and provincial, but we have more supporters than most of this division, and some of the prem.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="yella belly"]

I don''t see why you want to protest against delia and the board! If it wasnt for delia putting millions of HER OWN money into the club we would already be in league 1! So just grow up and SUPPORT the club not protest about anything you can think of to do with Norwich City Football Club!

[/quote]

Delia DID NOT save us. the legendary Geoffrey Watling did. and in his will, he wrote off all money that the club owed him, can you see your precious Delia having that clause in her will? No, so you think she''ll sell all her shares for nothing do you? NO, so how exactly is she going to lose out? How is it that shes put millions in with no hope of return? oh wait, she hasn''t....

Millions of her own money - THAT SHE''LL GET BACK when she finally sells up and gets the hell out.....

If it wasn''t for her throwing the club''s money at the hotel and her restaurant, then we might still be in the PREMIER LEAGUE!!!

I will always support the club and don''t support the protests, but i respect their reasons for it. They are supporting the club by wanting what''s best for NCFC and not letting the cook get away with prudence without ambition. 14years ago we were 3rd in the premier league, a year later we were beating Bayern Munich at the Olympic Stadium. Now we are languishing in the lower reaches of the second tier of English football. 3years ago we were back in the Prem. We may be small and provincial, but we have more supporters than most of this division, and some of the prem.
[/quote]

The amusing thing is that neither of you are completely correct.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="yella belly"]

[/quote]

Delia DID NOT save us. the legendary Geoffrey Watling did. and in his will, he wrote off all money that the club owed him, can you see your precious Delia having that clause in her will? No, so you think she''ll sell all her shares for nothing do you? NO, so how exactly is she going to lose out? How is it that shes put millions in with no hope of return? oh wait, she hasn''t....

Millions of her own money - THAT SHE''LL GET BACK when she finally sells up and gets the hell out.....

If it wasn''t for her throwing the club''s money at the hotel and her restaurant, then we might still be in the PREMIER LEAGUE!!!

I will always support the club and don''t support the protests, but i respect their reasons for it. They are supporting the club by wanting what''s best for NCFC and not letting the cook get away with prudence without ambition. 14years ago we were 3rd in the premier league, a year later we were beating Bayern Munich at the Olympic Stadium. Now we are languishing in the lower reaches of the second tier of English football. 3years ago we were back in the Prem. We may be small and provincial, but we have more supporters than most of this division, and some of the prem.
[/quote]

The amusing thing is that neither of you are completely correct.

[/quote]

I prefer to believe Squitty........because he finds it amusing.

I said that I would not slag fellow City fans off today, so this will be my only post until tomorrow...another promise broken - if I say I won''t do something I don''t do it - obviously this doesn''t apply to you does it Marky Baby.

So is you calling me Mark not disrespectful Sxcanaree?  Because you don''t know me from Adam... maybe you should call me ''Mr Smith'' or by my user name on the ''Pink Un''? Of course it is disrespectful my darling but then as I know you so well having read nearly all of your posts I feel that we can be intimate, don''t you agree? - Hey I''ll even let you call me Sx-ee (you must stop hanging round with that Adam though he is such a naughty boy).

Have I ever broken the law Sxcanaree, or is that just more inflamatory c**p used in defence of your ailing defence of our board???  I don''t know if you have ever broken the law my darling Mark but if you have I forgive you, you simply wanted to remember Graham Paddon in your own way, close to Carrow Road and I was worried that your emotions might cause you to do something wrong, after all there is a Railway Station, a river and several dangerous roads in that area so I was showing my concern for your well being -

I don''t think that you will have found me defending the board so the post must just be inflamatory c**p and you''ve found me out I''ll be round later to give you your prize.

By the way if you want to try to "slag me off" you need to try much harder than that (by the way I''m not a fan I''m a supporter).

Sx-ee[U]

Finnaly sxcaneree, well said. Good Point well made

SMUDGER! Get what your saying straight, you diddnt cancell the protest in respect cause you clearly dont have any, you cancelled cause 1) you knew you would be only one of a few bothering to go and 2) it probably was''nt safe for you to do so!

Paddon was a ledgend and it is NOT your place to say what he would or would not have wanted!

And finnaly why do you lay into the mods, thats there job for god sake! Its what there paid to do. Unlike you who seems to sit on here all day long for free!

[quote user="Canary Ben002"]

SMUDGER! Get what your saying straight, you diddnt cancell the protest in respect cause you clearly dont have any, you cancelled cause 1) you knew you would be only one of a few bothering to go and 2) it probably was''nt safe for you to do so!

Paddon was a ledgend and it is NOT your place to say what he would or would not have wanted!

And finnaly why do you lay into the mods, thats there job for god sake! Its what there paid to do. Unlike you who seems to sit on here all day long for free!

[/quote]

If the post below is true then Mark engineered the whole thing!

http://www.wrathofthebarclay.co.uk/interactive/board/message.php?pid=718202

Be afraid people, be very afraid!

[/quote]

Keep living in your tinternet dreamworld...

[/quote]

Keep living in your tinternet dreamworld...

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

I said that I would not slag fellow City fans off today, so this will be my only post until tomorrow...another promise broken - if I say I won''t do something I don''t do it - obviously this doesn''t apply to you does it Marky Baby.

So is you calling me Mark not disrespectful Sxcanaree?  Because you don''t know me from Adam... maybe you should call me ''Mr Smith'' or by my user name on the ''Pink Un''? Of course it is disrespectful my darling but then as I know you so well having read nearly all of your posts I feel that we can be intimate, don''t you agree? - Hey I''ll even let you call me Sx-ee (you must stop hanging round with that Adam though he is such a naughty boy).

Have I ever broken the law Sxcanaree, or is that just more inflamatory c**p used in defence of your ailing defence of our board???  I don''t know if you have ever broken the law my darling Mark but if you have I forgive you, you simply wanted to remember Graham Paddon in your own way, close to Carrow Road and I was worried that your emotions might cause you to do something wrong, after all there is a Railway Station, a river and several dangerous roads in that area so I was showing my concern for your well being -

I don''t think that you will have found me defending the board so the post must just be inflamatory c**p and you''ve found me out I''ll be round later to give you your prize.

By the way if you want to try to "slag me off" you need to try much harder than that (by the way I''m not a fan I''m a supporter).

Sx-ee[U]

[/quote]

So are you a mod ''Not Very'', or do you just get them to help you fight your battles for you???

Maybe you could ask them for the other half of the post... it was very well written and did not have any insults in it (I promise)... just a few more awkward questions that they would not wish to answer.

There, there... sorry if I shattered your illusions of your pure little tinternet world... [;)]

[/quote]

oh and I certainly don''t have any respect for you and almost wish that a protest had of gone ahead this Saturday.

Come and say what you have to say when it does go ahead on December 4th.

Mark Smith of Greyfriars Road wrote:

So are you a mod ''Not Very'', or do you just get them to help you fight your battles for you???

Maybe you could ask them for the other half of the post... it was very well written and did not have any insults in it (I promise)... just a few more awkward questions that they would not wish to answer.

There, there... sorry if I shattered your illusions of your pure little tinternet world...

SxCanaree (SX-ee to my best buddy Mark) replies:

Marky baby it was obviously way past your bedtime when you wrote this reply as you quote something I have not said ''Not Very'' and ask whether I rode a Scooter and was a fan of the Who and the Jam (i.e. a mod), both of which you know to be true...I''m pretty sure most Mods are pacifists now so battling days are over.

I have asked for the Moderators (or to use your favourite word for any opposition "them") to publish unedited - but as only Archant and you know the editing perhaps they may wish to make a comment - your criticism seems to make it through so "they" are entitled to a right of reply.

Marky darling if you do wish to have your posts published unedited you can always return to the Wrath of the Barclay site, but naturally you will not as your true alleigance has been revealed on there several times in the past.

As ever love to Adam.

Sx-ee[U]

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

Mark Smith of Greyfriars Road wrote:

There, there... sorry if I shattered your illusions of your pure little tinternet world...

SxCanaree (SX-ee to my best buddy Mark) replies:

Marky baby it was obviously way past your bedtime when you wrote this reply as you quote something I have not said ''Not Very'' and ask whether I rode a Scooter and was a fan of the Who and the Jam (i.e. a mod), both of which you know to be true...I''m pretty sure most Mods are pacifists now so battling days are over.

I have asked for the Moderators (or to use your favourite word for any opposition "them") to publish unedited - but as only Archant and you know the editing perhaps they may wish to make a comment - your criticism seems to make it through so "they" are entitled to a right of reply.

Marky darling if you do wish to have your posts published unedited you can always return to the Wrath of the Barclay site, but naturally you will not as your true alleigance has been revealed on there several times in the past.

As ever love to Adam.

Sx-ee[U]

[/quote]

I wasn''t quoting anything... I was just referring to your first two names... Not (first name), Very (second name) and Sx-ee (your Sir name) darling...  [U]

Wrath of the Barclay???  Pah... I wouldn''t dirty my hands with it.... [+o(]

[quote user="cityangel"]WOTB don''t like you either Smudger [:)][/quote]

That`s probably about the biggest compliment anyone could give him.......

Theres an interesting letter from the Norwich fans Trust in todays EDP which mentions Smudger and his planned protests and then goes on to talk about if they can accumalate more shares we could get a fan on the board.

Any chance of someone (one of "them" perhaps) copying and pasting it here for those of us who are too far away to pop into Barry Bridges newsagents to pick up a copy?

Either adding to this thread or another would be good.

Ta muchly.[:D]

Mr Smith (City protest delayed – EDP Nov 23) should consider cancellation rather than postponement.

It is not surprising that many Norwich Supporters are dissatisfied with the way the current Board of Directors appears to have allowed our Football Club to slide into the current crisis.

The much vaunted "Togetherness" that was so evident during the promotion and Premiership campaigns has been erased by subsequent serious self confessed mistakes from the Board and despite the Board’s much welcomed willingness to publicly face up to the fans there remains scepticism that they have the ability to turn things around. .

Despite this, the fans continue to will the team to succeed as was evidenced at the Ipswich match when we found ourselves 2-0 down at half time. It seemed that the 20,000 plus fans spurred the team on to an honourable draw. This passion for our Club goes deep and Norwich City Football Club is privileged to have such a loyal and tolerant set of supporters.

Whether or not the new management team can avoid relegation to the third tier of English football remains to be seen but we must give them our wholehearted support as any other approach will ensure disaster when next May comes.

Demonstrations against the Board are not the answer, supporter involvement on the Board is.

Norwich City Supporters Trust (www.ncst.org.uk) www. Ncst.org.uk currently holds over £23,000 worth of shares in the Football Club which is more than some of the current Board of Directors at Carrow Road. The objective of the Trust is to secure sufficient shares to have reached a point where the Club would have difficulty in arguing against a place on the Football Club Board for a democratically elected fans representative. This can best be achieved through the democracy that the Supporters Trust provides.

If we consider that there are currently nearly 20,000 season ticket holders and probably another 30,000 who do not regularly attend Carrow Rd but have a serious interest in the Club, at £10 or £5 membership there is the potential to raise up to £1/2 M for share purchase on behalf of the fans.

Mike  Reynolds

Norwich City Supporters Trust

c/o 8 St Philips Road

Norwich

Are you still going to protest against the board before xmas?I think if you do, ( which i think is piontless) you should leave it till at least untill we know how much finacial backing reoder will be getting .Dont you?

Nothing will come of Smudgers Notest...It''s hardly going to be Arthur Scargill and a mob in 4 figures is it? ;)

[quote user="Alex"]

Nothing will come of Smudgers Notest...It''s hardly going to be Arthur Scargill and a mob in 4 figures is it? ;)

[/quote]

There will not be any cancellations...

It is the small minded nature of people like yourself that has seen our club slide to the position it finds itself in today.

Given another transfer window to decieve the fans and balls things up then Div 1 will beckon.

Sure Roeder is having a little honeymoon period but so did Grant.. it is only cold hard cash being spent that will alter our fate... more false promises from the board will only signal one certain outcome.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

There will not be any cancellations...You''ll cut a lonely figure.

It is the small minded nature of people like yourself that has seen our club slide to the position it finds itself in today. I do apologise ha!

Given another transfer window to decieve the fans and balls things up then Div 1 will beckon. All to look forward to.

Sure Roeder is having a little honeymoon period but so did Grant. Prove it[/quote]

[quote]

Sure Roeder is having a little honeymoon period but so did Grant. Prove it

[/quote]

He won four and drew one of his first six games and I distinctly remember everyone saying how much better we were playing.

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

Sure Roeder is having a little honeymoon period but so did Grant. Prove it[/quote]

[/quote]

Roeder & Co will PROVE IT for me...  I will just sit back and tell you that I told you so...  [;)]

Now that will make a nice pleasant change won''t it???  [:P]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Roeder & Co will PROVE IT for me...  I will just sit back and tell you that I told you so...  [;)]

Now that will make a nice pleasant change won''t it???  [:P]

[/quote]

What, just like last season when we were relegated?!!!!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote]

Sure Roeder is having a little honeymoon period. Prove it

[/quote]

He won four and drew one of his first six games and I distinctly remember everyone saying how much better we were playing.

[/quote]

Don''t think you got what i mean''t there Graham, have edited it to make it clearer [;)]

In all seriousness, wouldn''t you be better off waiting until after the January transfer window? At least then you will be able to judge properly what the board are up to.At the moment it seems pointless, because they have obviously spent good money on the loan signings and employed a highly respected manager. They are saying they''ve learned from their mistakes and the evidence of the last few weeks suggests (only suggests, mind) that that might be true. But the test will be the transfer window - whether we''re left with the squad Grant bequeathed us or whether every effort is made to keep improving the squad. If you protested now, what would it be about? ''Down with how bad things have been in the past, even though things look like they''re getting better''.You may as well have an anti-Chase protest.Any protest now would be counter-productive, seems naive and rather fuels the suggestion that this is all about the protester, not the protest.

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t think you got what i mean''t there Graham, have edited it to make it clearer [;)]

[/quote]

What I meant was that Grant had a good start when he took over and Roeder''s having the same effect. It doesn''t mean it will last - it didn''t with Grant - it could do, it''s encouraging but I think we shouldn''t get too carried away just yet.

Or have I misunderstood you again?

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="SPat"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I totally agree with your decision Smudger, respect and well done.

Hopefully it will go ahead next time though, as we all know it must.

[/quote]Will you be there?[/quote]

If I lived in Norfolk yes, I would most definitely be there.

Will you?

[/quote]

No, because as stated many times, I don''t agree with a protest at this time.

You however, have constantly moaned about everything, egged the

protesters on and yet when it comes to it, surprise suprise, you won''t

be there, like so many of the other keyboard warriers. As for being too

far away, total cop out. Either put up or shut up.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What I meant was that Grant had a good start when he took over and Roeder''s having the same effect. It doesn''t mean it will last - it didn''t with Grant - it could do, it''s encouraging but I think we shouldn''t get too carried away just yet.

Or have I misunderstood you again?

[/quote]

I''m not getting carried away. And am certainly not saying we are out of the woods, but am cautiously optimistic. But knowing what i know about Smudger on here, it was obvious he was stating that it''s a cert we''ll go back to poor results before long, hence ''honeymoon period''. I''m simply saying prove it''s only a honeymoon period, because he can obviously see into the future* and with such a special talent it''s nice of him to confirm we''re going to fall off the rails again very shortly...is that ok for you Graham?.

*Like last season when we got relegated to Div 2...He got that right didn''t he? ;)