Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Protest Postponed

Sent: 21 November 2007 17:53
To: ''Kelley, Peter''
Subject: RE: Protest Postponed
Importance: High

Copy of letter sent by e:mail to the EDP letters and Sportsdesk this evening (hot off the press)...

A copy has also been sent to the Evening News.

Please note... that this is not a cancellation but only a postponement...

Hi Pete,

As discussed, could you please put something like the following in Friday’s EDP?

Protest Postponed

In light of recent events we would like to postpone any plans that have been put in place for a protest against NCFC’s board of directors until Tuesday 4th December.

Graham Paddon was a true City great and stood for everything that has been good about NCFC over the last 30 years or so. 

He played with his heart on his sleeve at a time when our boardroom was determined to bring in quality players from other clubs in an attempt to allow us to challenge the big boys with attacking football that was beautiful to watch.

We would never wish for our dispute with those currently in power at Carrow Road to detract from such a great mans send off and would certainly not want to witness any ugly scenes on HIS DAY.

Therefore after careful consideration we have decided to put the protests on hold until the next home match against Plymouth on December 4th and will follow that up with another protest on the following Saturday prior to the Sheffield Utd game.  The meeting point for both protests remain at ‘The Murderers’ (either inside or outside) meeting at 6:30pm for the midweek game and at 1:30pm for the Sheff Utd game (further details will be given nearer the time).

Hopefully this will mean that those who are unhappy with the board are allowed to have their say during the following weeks and that fans who are of a different opinion will allow those who are unhappy to have their say?

Once again I would like to pay my condolences to Graham and his family, our thoughts are with them at this time.

Regards,

Mark Smith

Greyfriars Road, Norwich

Spot on Smudger.  Although I don''t necessarily agree with your viewpoint I think you have done the right thing.  I would also defend your right to protest being a protester of old!

I have to say I just about never agree with anything you do Smudger, but I have to applaud you with this decision. Well done.

Why are you all saying well done to Smudger, he has not suddenly found compassion, he was pushed in to a corner and had no real choice but to cancel. He is still a joke, rude to real supporters and hates anyone who doesn''t agree with him.

[quote user="lurd"]bottler![/quote]

Was this post meant to be a joke ? I hope so ( even if it is in poor taste ). If not it shows a lack of respect for one of City''s best ever players even if., as I suspect, you''re too young to have seen him play.

Many of us on here don''t agree with Smudger, who I doubt ever saw Graham play either, but we all agree that he''s done the right thing in postponing the protest.

Well done Smudger

A mark of respect and a get out of jail card all rolled into one then.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Sent: 21 November 2007 17:53
To: ''Kelley, Peter''
Subject: RE: Protest Postponed
Importance: High

Copy of letter sent by e:mail to the EDP letters and Sportsdesk this evening (hot off the press)...

A copy has also been sent to the Evening News.

Please note... that this is not a cancellation but only a postponement...

Hi Pete,

As discussed, could you please put something like the following in Friday’s EDP?

Protest Postponed

In light of recent events we would like to postpone any plans that have been put in place for a protest against NCFC’s board of directors until Tuesday 4th December.

Graham Paddon was a true City great and stood for everything that has been good about NCFC over the last 30 years or so. 

He played with his heart on his sleeve at a time when our boardroom was determined to bring in quality players from other clubs in an attempt to allow us to challenge the big boys with attacking football that was beautiful to watch.

We would never wish for our dispute with those currently in power at Carrow Road to detract from such a great mans send off and would certainly not want to witness any ugly scenes on HIS DAY.

Therefore after careful consideration we have decided to put the protests on hold until the next home match against Plymouth on December 4th and will follow that up with another protest on the following Saturday prior to the Sheffield Utd game.  The meeting point for both protests remain at ‘The Murderers’ (either inside or outside) meeting at 6:30pm for the midweek game and at 1:30pm for the Sheff Utd game (further details will be given nearer the time).

Hopefully this will mean that those who are unhappy with the board are allowed to have their say during the following weeks and that fans who are of a different opinion will allow those who are unhappy to have their say?

Once again I would like to pay my condolences to Graham and his family, our thoughts are with them at this time.

Regards,

Mark Smith

Greyfriars Road, Norwich

[/quote]

I totally agree with your decision Smudger, respect and well done.

Hopefully it will go ahead next time though, as we all know it must.

Smudger, you are a man of courage and compassion..or was that Ghandi? I get confused.

Either way, I bet Ghandi got some right old stick when he was trying to organise the Salt March from the Murderer''s (Gujarat branch) to Dandi, but he didn''t let anyone get in his way. That said, no-one  Sabarmati Ashram FC died while he is organising it, so we will never know if you are better than Ghandi, or merely his equal.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="lurd"]bottler![/quote]

Was this post meant to be a joke ? I hope so ( even if it is in poor taste ). If not it shows a lack of respect for one of City''s best ever players even if., as I suspect, you''re too young to have seen him play.

Many of us on here don''t agree with Smudger, who I doubt ever saw Graham play either, but we all agree that he''s done the right thing in postponing the protest.

Well done Smudger

[/quote]

I''m sure anyone with half a brain could see it was a joke, much like this thread.

I don''t get this new found ''respect'' for smudger..